PDA

View Full Version : Casualties Anyone?

FTE-Charge!!!
04-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Simple one- would you pay for and use casualty models from GW if they were made available?

Each army could have one set made for it with several different infantry types all in various stages of 'dead'.

They would need to be cheap (dreaming) so that players wouldnt feel dumb about spending money on models that didnt actually do anything.

Think about it though, buy a few casualty sets for your army, after a shooting or cc phase you could scatter a few around a unit that got mauled.

Thoughts?

Defenestratus
04-26-2011, 01:02 PM
players wouldnt feel dumb about spending money on models that didnt actually do anything.

They already have models for these - they're called "Eldar Guardians"

Cyberscape7
04-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Sounds good to me. We already have some space marine casualties and an ork one but it would be nice to have ones for each army.:)

Skragger
04-26-2011, 01:51 PM

Huzza! ZING! :D

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
04-26-2011, 02:23 PM

:(... I like Guardians :L

Skragger
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
:(... I like Guardians :L

I like them because they squish real easy, and suprisingly, taste like warm chocolate!

wittdooley
04-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Marines already have them, and I think they're reasonably priced ($22 for 3 metal models isn't TERRIBLE). I think that it would behoove GW to put them on plastic sprues as additions, much like Mantic has been doing with their plastics. As much as I love the 16 head options for my Grey Knight Terminators, I'd love it even more if some of that space was used for something like this.

Additionally, I don't know why GW stopped putting plastic terrain pieces in their Battleforce boxes. They would sell the battle forces. I thought that the SW included the awesome skeleton terrain piece that is shown on the box. Alas, it does not. If it did, I'd have purchased at least 2 of them. I think a unique, Codex Specific terrain piece (or custom model) should be included in the battleforce boxes. They used to do it with the Fantasy ones; why'd they stop?

Denzark
04-26-2011, 03:27 PM
No and no. Why?

1. Additional time taken (small I know but have been right down the line in tournaments).

2. You'd never have enough to do 1 for 1 so why bother? (unless you were rich).

3. It would be more delicate painted models on the table to get broken - sqauds want to put their bases in the space on the table left by whatever got wiped.

4. It adds nothing to the game.

Would i use some as objectives? Yes possibly.

JxKxR
04-26-2011, 03:46 PM
I've been wanting a skull pack of all the Xenos. I want some Tau and Tyranid skulls the most. I would totally buy more casualties!

Mr.Pickelz
04-26-2011, 07:49 PM
i would love some nid and ork bodys for my SW's, i'd recreate the old BF cover art showing a grey hunter charging through a line of orks on a mountain.

scadugenga
04-26-2011, 08:16 PM

Spoken like a true old-school eldar player.

Look on the bright side--at least they pseudo fixed the scatter laser.

Original version: 6 shots

3rd ed cockup: d6 shots

4th (current) ed: 4 shots.

They're slow learners, but they can be taught!

Now only if they'd fix the @#$@#%@#$ catapult...

fuzzbuket
04-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Simple one- would you pay for and use casualty models from GW if they were made available?

Thoughts?

weel they released some IG casualties WAAY back and with most METAL IG battleforces you get casualties ( read voystroans) #

sadly the SM casualties didnt get much love and apparently were carp.

anyways if they were cheap plastic: yes for bases
if they were £15 for 3 NO

Col.Gravis
04-27-2011, 02:17 AM
Happy to say the Praetorian's had two casualties posses which were supplied in the old Limited Edition box set - I've a dozen or so. They make brilliant and quick objective markers.

Daemonette666
04-27-2011, 08:15 AM
No and no. Why?

1. Additional time taken (small I know but have been right down the line in tournaments).

3. It would be more delicate painted models on the table to get broken - sqauds want to put their bases in the space on the table left by whatever got wiped.

I tend to agree with Denzark. Though you could use them or have a sprue/ spike fence that holds the skulls of defeated enemy armies. You could then display the heads/helmets, or the casualties of the enemy for your next opponent to cringe at before the battle begins. More a psych out tactic, but as long as it was done in a manner that did not prolong the game, it would be fun.

Also it would mean you can paint the casualties models or hellmets in the colours of your most recent defeated enemies.

DrLove42
04-27-2011, 09:02 AM
I thought that the SW included the awesome skeleton terrain piece that is shown on the box. Alas, it does not.

Just for the record...that piece of bony "scenery" is actually made from leftover chicken bones. Theres an article on GW's website about them...

So making them in plastic would be tricky...

As for casulties, yeah I'd love some. Got the metal marines, and use them for a variety of dead things and trophies...

As for the "trophy" racks of heads...I use that for the Power from Pain markers in my DE. Have a few bases, with a metal rod on them and a tub full of heads from every race, painted in a variety of colours. When a unit earns a point, a head is added. The base then follows the unit round to show their kills.

FTE-Charge!!!
04-27-2011, 09:53 AM
No and no. Why?

You make very valid points. I personally do not collect scenery bc I would rather spend time painting models that I can actually use, so spending time on casualties wouldnt be my first inclination either.

I prob wouldnt focus on the 1 to 1 aspect, more like a handful of casualties for a unit that gets mauled. With the ability to be moved depending on where models move?

Objective wise, they would make great counters