PDA

View Full Version : Stormraven Magna graple

Baka
04-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Could a person use the Stormraven MG on opposing players dread? Just for fun, and drop it off on the other side of the board?

Tynskel
04-25-2011, 07:11 PM
for funzies only, otherwise, no.

wkz
04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Its a transport clamp. It follows the rules for transports. So, no...
Unless you allow my transports to "capture" your units too? After all, via this interpretation of transports my Chaos Landraider can Om Nom Noms your Terminator squad and "drop it off on the other side of the board". My Rhinos can "force embark" your devastators squad and keep them contained for half the game? My BattleWagon have a modified Deffrolla which scoops your units into itself and goes on a joyride?
Yup. No can do.

DarkLink
04-25-2011, 09:41 PM
If you omnom'd the devestators, and they tried shooting their way out of your Rhino, what armor value would you use?

wkz
04-25-2011, 10:25 PM
If you omnom'd the devestators, and they tried shooting their way out of your Rhino, what armor value would you use?

Wouldn't you say their bases are technically touching? That would be close combat, isn't it?

faolan
04-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Wouldn't you say their bases are technically touching? That would be close combat, isn't it?

That'd never stop a Space Marine with more testosterone than sense from cranking off a plasma cannon.

Mr.Pickelz
04-26-2011, 12:59 AM
or blasting a salvo of krak missiles...

bfmusashi
04-26-2011, 06:58 AM

I vote everyone Death or Glories as they are clearly being attacked by a denizen of the warp or Ghostbusters II. I also cite Big Bertha of Super Mario Brothers III, if any member of the squad can kill the nom-nom transport, all are restored with no loss of life.

mordiano
04-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Its a transport clamp. It follows the rules for transports. So, no...
Unless you allow my transports to "capture" your units too? After all, via this interpretation of transports my Chaos Landraider can Om Nom Noms your Terminator squad and "drop it off on the other side of the board". My Rhinos can "force embark" your devastators squad and keep them contained for half the game? My BattleWagon have a modified Deffrolla which scoops your units into itself and goes on a joyride?
Yup. No can do.

common!! Who hasnīt thought about a land raider doing that??? At least if its a possesed one!! haha I think I just got an idea : Chaos Land raider pattern Om Nom with a giant mouth where the assault ramp is supposed to be... to be onest though.. its still an "assault" ramp.. litteraly ;)

Skragger
04-26-2011, 11:21 AM
It could totally work to OM another unit! Just drive really fast at them with the hatch open and they'll either be run over or fall inside, where they're treated to free snacks and drinks while the LR takes them off to another part of the battlefield!

lobster-overlord
04-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Thelooted St-ORK-raven would definitely have the ability to. It would not have a magna grapple, but a lifta-droppa on the back.