PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Grey knights

Lukaz
04-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Hi All

Since starting Daemonhunters in 2008 I have always loved Landraiders. So with that in mind most of my lists are based around 1 or 2 of them, please don't suggest removing them both as I like using them. Otherwise all constructive criticism iis welcome :)

HQ
Librarian, shrouding, sanctuary, quicksilver, MotT
Crowe

Elites
Techmarine, rad grenades, 2 servo skulls
Vindicare

Troops
10 Purifiers, 4 psycannons, 6 halbards
5 Purifiers, 5 halbards

Heavy Support
Landraider redeemer, psycannon bolts
Landraider

Against combat armies, the 10 purifiers combat squad with 2 psycannons each, and deploy in a bolstered(techmarine) ruin along with the vindicare. Vindicare looks for big vehicles, psycannons for av 11-12. The 5 purifiers sit in the regular landraider with the Techmarine and Libby as a counter assault unit near the ruin. This means the libby can give the shooty purifiers a 2+ cover save with shrouding. Crowe takes the redeemer and goes looking for a juicy target to bog down(ork boyz etc), or herioic sacrifice against.

Against shooty armies, both land raiders role forward with 5 purifiers in each with halbards, the redeemer has the techmarine and libby. Libby casts shrouding to improve smoke cover save etc on the way accross. 4 psycannons and vindicare sit in the bolstered ruin again shooting what they can. Crowe either hides(in a kill pts mission) or foot slogs.

Thanks for reading

Luke

DarkLink
04-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Land Raiders can work, but you're spending way too many points on single models. Crowe and a Librarian and a Vindicare and a Techmarine all come out to ridiculously expensive for very few points.

Take each land raider, and fill it with guys. Once you've done that, then maybe buy another small squad or two in rhinos for support. Then, once you've done that, figure you what HQ you're going to use. You won't have the points for multiples, probably.

I also wouldn't take a redeemer. You need to be able to open up vehicles, but you don't have any long range weapons to do so.

I'd try something more like this:
Crowe
Xenos Inquisitor, Rad/Psy grenades
5 Purifiers, 2 Psycannons, Rhino
2x 10 Purifiers, 2 Psycannons, 1 hammer, Halberds
2 Land Raiders