PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor Force 1850

Tacoo
04-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Below is my current armylist im working on for GK's, focusing on the Inquisitor aspect. Below is what i got so far, corteaz for henchmen troop and will go with a servitor squad, other inquisitor will go with the other servitors. Servitors squads and the vindicare make up my longer ranged anti-tank/infantry with the rhinos holding melee threats (12 PW, 8 str 5, 2 str 3) and be a threat to any vechicle in range.

What else should i add/change to make my list be a threat? Im willing to add some GK flavor if needed, but want to try and stay with mostly inquisitor theme

Corteaz-100

ordo xenos inquisitor w/PA, psy gernadaes, rad gernades, psychic communion, FW, 3x servo skulls-102
Vindicare-145
Henchmen-110
Rhino
8x warrior henchmen w/ 6x stormbolters, 2x meltagun

Henchmen-110
Rhino
8x warrior henchmen w/ 6x stormbolters, 2x meltagun

Henchmen-215
RazorB w/ Las/tled plas, psybolt
3x servitors w/ plasmacannon
2x jokero

henchmen-165
11x Death Cult assassin

henchmen-180
12x Death Cult assassin

storm raven w/ tled MM-205
storm raven w/ tled MM-205
psyfile dread-135
psyfile dread-135

1805/1850

DarkLink
04-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Deathcults aren't great the way you have them, since they need to assault to do their job. I would take them out of the Rhino squads, get a LR/Storm Raven and put ~7 Deathcult Assassins in it. I would recommend the Land Raider, with lascannons since you lack long range AT.

Speaking of AT, I would also upgrade your razorbacks to lasplas. Or possibly TLAC with psybolts, if you prefer that. Either way, you need more than a couple meltaguns.

You could then either bump up the Rhino henchmen squads, or upgrade the Rhinos to more Razorbacks.

Your second Inquisitor needs to change, too. The psyocculum is too situation to be really worth it, unless you really want it as part of your fluff. Switch him out for a Xenos Inquisitor with Rad/Psy grenades, Psychic communion and Power Armor, and stick him with the Deathcult Assassins.

You should be around 1300pts, now, so we've got about 600pts left to work with. That's two 10-man GKSS squads in Rhinos, ~10 footslogging Paladins, another Land Raider with Deathcult Assassins (or if you take a pair then Storm Ravens would become viable), and/or some Dreadnoughts. You'd still be very light on long range AT, so I would consider a couple Psyrifle Dreads. It really depends on what direction you want the list. Be careful what you pick, because you don't have a lot of ranged firepower, your CC power is limited to the DCAs, and your whole army is very fragile once they pop your transports.

You're also light on anti-infantry firepower. Your Deathcult squads would give you some good CC punch, but the rest of your units don't have much going for them. Crusaders are only T3, so they can get clubbed to death, and the rest of your henchmen are neither good at shooting or assault, really. Buff up the squads to make them better at shooting. Perhaps some Acolytes with Storm Bolters?

Tacoo
04-24-2011, 06:47 AM
Ok i made some of the changes you suggested, Right now im torn between knocking off a few henchmen in each squad for razorB or just bringing them up to 10.

DoctorEvil
04-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Personally I think I would change the configuration of the Warrior Acolyte Melta squads.

1st thing, if you have the points, upgrade from Rhino to Chimera. For a small point increase the Chimera is s significant firepower/range increase.

2nd, add a 3rd Meltagun. This is a Melta Squad, more Meltas is better. Take as many Meltas as possible then fill the empty seats in the transport with as many cheap bodies as possible. Forget the Stormbolters. For the cost you could add 4 more basic Acolytes. You want as many extra wounds in the squad as possible to try and protect Meltas. The purpose of this squad is AT, max out that function.

So, 12 Warrior Acolytes with 3 Meltas in a Chimera would be my prefered configuration.