PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar Special Character Army

AngelsofDeath
04-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Has anyone put together or played against someone who has made any army of the alternative troops by taking the HQ choice that allows you to field Wracks as Troops? Or an army of Hellions by taking Baron Sathonyx?

I firgure that for the most part these types of armies might not do so well, but a whole army of Hellions has to look pretty cool. Was looking at an army of Hellions with a few heavy choice selections to help add in some fire power. But I see this army being crushed over and over again. Any input or previous experience would be appreciated.

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
04-23-2011, 12:14 AM
I can't see any reason why a Wrack army would not do as well as any other Dark Eldar combo, they are only a point more than Kabalite's and the same cost as Wyche's, comparing to wyche's makes sense as well. In this instance a Wrack will loose the Initative benefit, the combat drugs benefit, the Fleet benefit, Plasma Grenades, Splinter pistols and Dodge. While the Wracks have Feel No Pain, same ammount of attacks/skill, Poisoned weapons, greater tougness, access to good flamers and better combat equipment for the acothyst. But bassicaly as soon as the Wrack models come out, i'll be fielding 20 of them. I reckon they'd work well along with Kabalite warriors who can provide fire support