PDA

View Full Version : 1850 tyranid list

mind123
04-18-2011, 07:54 PM
I made this list for my wife for an upcoming tournament. What sort of stuff do you think will give us fits or completely trump her list.

Tyranid Prime: (lash whip, bone sword deathspitter, adrenal glands)

Tervigon: (catalyst)

3 zoanthropes (mycetic spore)
3 hive guard
3 hive guard

9 Tyranid warriors: (barbed strangler, death spitters, adrenal glands)
3 Tyranid Warriors: (barbed strangler, death spitters, adrenal glands, mycetic spore)
3 Tyranid Warriors: (barbed strangler, death spitters, adrenal glands, mycetic spore)
17 termagants

Tyrannofex: (rupture cannon)

Any feedback would be awesome thanks.

wh33lz
04-19-2011, 03:28 PM
BUMP! I need to know iffin this will work! And Maybe what can trump it ^^ Plz help

Demonicsarge55
04-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Why so many Nid Warriors?

Hive Mind
04-19-2011, 04:12 PM
She'll be entering a world of pain if she goes up against Grey Knights. Shadow in the Warp will help but still, 3W means nothing when you're facing an army in which every model carries a Force Weapon.

Gribblies. Lots and lots of gribblies. I love Hormagaunts. They're cheap, fast and surprisingly killy if you get the charge. They're still quite good if you don't. At the least they'll tie up an expensive enemy unit for a few turns if you keep a synapse creature nearby. They die quite easily too of course but such is a bug's life.

But then, I'm not a competitive player so take it with a sizeable pinch of NaCl

Hive Mind
04-19-2011, 04:21 PM
I have good success with

Prime, pair of boneswords, scything talons, adrenal glands
Tervigon

Two Zoanthropes
Zoanthrope
Three Hive Guard

20 Genestealers
2x six Warriors, pair of boneswords, scything talons
2x 30 Termagants
30 Hormagaunts

but again, not a competitive player.

mind123
04-19-2011, 04:54 PM
She has had a ton of luck with the warriors and prefers them over the little creatures. I have the same fears from the grey knights and their force weapons. I am hoping the shadow will slow some of that up. She has the one big squad of warriors to maximize the benefit from the tervigons catalyst power, and the tyranid primes stat boost. The plan is to keep the large warrior squad, tervigon, hive guard, termigants, and tyranofex in a large group together. With the units in pods dropping down to deal with preds, whirlwinds and anything else that tends to hide. I dont think 3 warriors is gonna tear down a unit of termies or anything by itself but I think it will fill that roll well. She has run fairly similar style lists at smaller point values but ran into issues dealing with the stuff that camped the table edge. So we were hoping the pods would help with that.

Hive Mind
04-19-2011, 06:21 PM
A min. size unit of Genestealers Outflanking would probably stop the camping and costs 95pts less than the three-strong Warriors+upgrades+spore.

Lemt
04-19-2011, 06:47 PM
A min. size unit of Genestealers Outflanking would probably stop the camping and costs 95pts less than the three-strong Warriors+upgrades+spore.

Or Ymgarls. The little buggers always work wonders for me.

mind123
04-19-2011, 06:54 PM
That might be worth a shot aswell.

Hive Mind
04-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Or Ymgarls. The little buggers always work wonders for me.

That's true but means dropping a brood of Hive Guard or the Zoanthropes. If it's just for psychology it's tough to justify the extra points and losing a significant portion of your anti-tank IMO.

Hive Mind
04-19-2011, 06:57 PM
That might be worth a shot aswell.

If she took five Genestealers instead of upgraded Warriors in a Spore she could take three Warriors to add to the main group with the point she'd save.

Plus it would mean she wouldn't have to DS near the board edge and then spend a turn getting shot up.

doogansquest
04-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Long Fangs are awful for Tyranid Warriors as well. They will be splitting Krak Missiles all over the field in the face of those Warriors.