PDA

View Full Version : Saga of the Warrior Born question

Dawgofwagh
04-18-2011, 04:53 PM
At a recent game this came up: I fielded a Wolf Lord on a thunderwolf with saga of the Warrior Born. I assualted a mob of 15 ork boys and inflicted 6 wounds with no wounds inflicted on the wolf lord. (Luv those storm shields!) This reduced them to a 9 leadership, which they failed, and I wiped out the rest of the squad in the sweeping adavnce. First question, did we do that assualt right? Second question, how many attacks does the Wolf lord get next turn? Our house rules state that any unresolved questions are diced for so the next turn my Wolf Lord assaulted with 21 attacks (15 from the previous turn added to his normal 6 for assault. This seemed way to many but it was then mentioned that the blood talons on a Blood Angel dread give you an almost unlimited number of attacks if you roll well. Any thoughts would be helpful.

memnarch_129
04-18-2011, 05:44 PM
You would only get 6 additional attacks during the next assault phase. Your wolf lord only killed 6 of the orks, the ones from the sweeping advance do not count towards the number of extra attacks gained from Saga of the Warrior Born. Also Saga of the Warrior Born says you gain the bonus during the next assault phase, which if you assaulted the orks you would gain the 6 extra attacks during the orks assault phase not your next one. Best way to get the attacks is let them assault you, counter attack, and hopefully wipe the squad. Then during your assault phase assault another unit with you extra attacks (remember you only gain 1 for each guy you killed not during the Sweeping Advance).

Besides that yes you did the assault correctly.