PDA

View Full Version : Radical Inquisitor counts-as ideas...

Denzark
04-18-2011, 11:12 AM
I just saw Isotope's award winning army of Thousand sons using the new GK codex.

Being tight fisted at the mo, and trying to bring in a GK Coteaz based army with minimum costs, I'm thinking of using my RT Harlequins as death cult, and possibly Warlocks as Psyker henchmen.

Now I can freely admit I am a vociferous opponent of 1 colour counts as all codex marines, but does this seem like a good idea or are there any considerations i have not thought of?

I know also a lot of sporting people out there on BoLS say bring whatever, the game is the craic. But would the hardcore tournament players out there have a problem with seeing those minis across the table, seeing as both the deathcult and psykers have no options, there is no wysiwyg issues and it is hardly confusing?

cheers

DarkLink
04-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Convert it as well as Isotopes stuff and people will probably fawn over you. I think it's a clever idea.

Edit: So long as everything's WYSIWYG in some reasonable form, then you're cool for tournaments. So for example you could probably pass off Storm Guardians as Acolytes, since they all have pistols and ccw's and a few special weapons.

isotope99
04-18-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't think either of these is confusing, henchmen are pretty much a catch all already. I'd probably try to change the colours to be more inquisition and less eldar (e.g. red black and gold).

I'd also consider filing down the spirit stones, but don't know how easy this would be.

To me the obvious option for death cult assassins are the new plastic DE wyches, just replace the pistols and paint appropriately.

I think finding cheap options for the crusaders will be toughest as none of the fantasy shield sprues really appeal to me and terminator storm shields are usually sold out online. If you see any dreadknight shields for sale cheaply online, grab those. ;)

Denzark
04-18-2011, 02:12 PM
When I put radicasl I meant using them as is! Heresy! Consorting with Xenos and all that! I will never have the patience to convert metal into the skill that Iso has!

Lerra
04-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I'd have no problem playing against an army like that. I love the idea of a heretical inquisitor who is allied with Xenos. Maybe use Kroot Mercs as Warrior Acolytes, or Kroot Hounds as Acroflagellants.

gcsmith
04-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Nah arco flagalents should be Hrrud

Exterminatus
04-20-2011, 09:32 AM
I think that's a great idea !! i bet they will look awsome on the board as well. I would have no problems playing a list like that, but then again im not a " hard core " tourny player. But if i was, id still have have no prob's playing against it, It's about fun afterall, right ?? ( or mostly fun, winning from time to time is nice as well ) :)

"To the righteous we bring hope. To the tainted we bring fire."

- Castellan Garran Crowe

bfmusashi
04-25-2011, 02:14 PM
I'd have no problem with it, but I use a RT Noisemarine for a radical inquisitor so I'm a little biased.