PDA

View Full Version : Ordo Malleus 750 pts

Dunadan
09-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Until the new Inquisition 'dex comes out, I figured that it would be more points cost-effective to run a guard list and include allied Grey Knights, rather than pay for the overpriced Inquisitorial stormtroopers. Here goes:

HQ
Primaris Psyker 70

Troops
Grey Knights Squad 260
-Justicar & 8 Knights
-1x Incinerator

Veterans Squad 170
-Sgt. Bastonne
-Grenadiers
-1x Flamer
-1x Grenade Launcher

Veteran Squad 120
-Grenadiers
-Power Sword
-1x Flamer
-1x Grenade Launcher

Fast Attack
Vendetta 130

The Psyker travels with the Knights, and uses his Shroud to keep them safe as they footslog across the table. Alternatively, he can give their firepower a boost, depending on the situation. The squad with Sgt. Bastonne goes in the Vendetta, which provides most of the armies AT firepower(not a lot of heavy tanks in 750 pts).

C/C welcome

Lord Inquisitor
09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Well I do a 750 point tournament every first saturday of the month at my local store. So, last month there was an Ultramarine player there who brought a Land Raider and I think you would be pretty screwed if you faced him. In my Guard I like to run Bastonne with 3 meltas in a Valkyrie. Scout, and then on your turn drop them by whatever pesky vehicle is around. They will kill any vehicle almost guarunteed first trun. Also Grenadiers costs a little much you might want to invest that elsewhere. The main thing is though, if your playing to win don't use Grey Knights. I love them I have a whole army with Land Raider, they just aren't cost efficient. I took a regular Leman Russ last game. All it takes is one hit on the middle of your Grey Knights with Psyker, oh man gotta pass a Leadership 10 test, and you lose 330 points. Here is my list.
HQ:
Command Squad- Melta Gun. 60
Troops:
Platoon Command Squad- Melta Gun. 40
Infantry Squad 1- Flamer. 55
Infantry Squad 2- Flamer. 55
Veteran Squad- Bastonne, 3 Melta Guns. 160
Veteran Squad- 3 Flamers. 90
Fast Attack:
Valkyrie- 100
Heavy Support:
Leman Russ- Lascannon, Heavy Bolters. 185
745 points
I forget what I did with the extra 5 points.

trjames
09-01-2009, 09:20 PM
I like it, I've been thinking about switching over from a Deamonhunters army to a guard with deamonhunters allied in, and I might base a 1500pt army off your foundation here.

Dunadan
09-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Do you think the power sword is necessary on the vet sgt.? Would it deter some opponents from assaulting me, or would a power fist work better at that?

Lord Inquisitor
09-02-2009, 10:08 AM
I was going to say something about that, and it is that they need a power fist. No one cares about a guardsmen with a power sword. I don't think my Bastonne has killed a single person with it, or his pistol for that matter. Thats probably because I target tanks.