PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood Champion and Digital Weapons

Darkriver
04-18-2011, 05:19 AM
So looking through the options for the Brotherhood Champion and started to wonder......why would you take digital weapons? The Anointed Blade has the rule to reroll all failed to wound. I double checked digital weapons to see if they changed in the GK codex but nope. I've seen pieces of wargear before that aren't worth taking but nothing that was compeletely unnecessary. So what am I missing?

Quaade
04-18-2011, 06:21 AM
Nothing, Mat Ward himself seems to have missed something.

david5th
04-19-2011, 04:38 AM
So looking through the options for the Brotherhood Champion and started to wonder......why would you take digital weapons? The Anointed Blade has the rule to reroll all failed to wound. I double checked digital weapons to see if they changed in the GK codex but nope. I've seen pieces of wargear before that aren't worth taking but nothing that was compeletely unnecessary. So what am I missing?

Correct = Matthew Ward fail AGAIN.

DarkLink
04-19-2011, 07:56 AM
No, GW fails. Editors are the ones who are supposed to find mistakes like these, and the quality of their product is GW's responsibility as a whole. Mat Ward is only a part of the problem. And since he's their most balanced rules writer, I wouldn't complain about him too much.

celestialatc
04-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Maybe it will be FAQ'ed out, or that the Brotherhood Champion can use the digital weapon to reroll a failed reroll.

DarkLink
04-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Master Crafted would make more sense, yeah. Though the Champ rerolls to hit rolls on the charge anyways.

energongoodie
04-20-2011, 03:30 AM
The digital weapons give him a re-roll after the first round of combat in which he charged. They may be useful in a protracted assault.

gcsmith
04-20-2011, 03:50 AM
yh he put something in incase u didnt win auto :P lol people dnt think beyond 1 turn it seems, at least matt ward did.

Xas
04-20-2011, 06:31 AM
The digital weapons give him a re-roll after the first round of combat in which he charged. They may be useful in a protracted assault.

it is the "reroll HITS" that only works in first turn.
"reroll wounds" works all the time!

prolly the same missunderstanding going on for the codex writer :)

energongoodie
04-20-2011, 07:37 AM
it is the "reroll HITS" that only works in first turn.
"reroll wounds" works all the time!

prolly the same missunderstanding going on for the codex writer :)

My bad :)
When ever I try to comment on rule stuff at work without the codex in front of me I muff it up.

Tynskel
04-20-2011, 07:48 AM
My bad :)
When ever I try to comment on rule stuff at work without the codex in front of me I muff it up.

What's wrong with you! You should have the all the codexes, with all their editions sitting on your desk at work. If someone ever asks, all you have to say is 'research'.

energongoodie
04-20-2011, 11:37 AM
What's wrong with you! You should have the all the codexes, with all their editions sitting on your desk at work. If someone ever asks, all you have to say is 'research'.

You are right and I apologise for my lack of commitment. I will try harder in the future. ;)