PDA

View Full Version : Cheesiest Skaven 8e 2500point list?

geneticdeviant
04-17-2011, 10:34 AM
I keep hearing that Skaven are "Cheesy" or "totally broken".

So my question is: What makes them cheesy and broken? Explanation please?

Can somebody give an example of an army list that utilizes all that cheesyness and game breaking mayhem at 2500points minimum?

Thanks in advance

fuzzbuket
04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
well cause there rats rats like cheese!? so army

truescale skaven

1) command 1 real life rat
2) troops 5 real life rats found in basement
3) mousetrap catapult

all with cheese in bellies/rattrap!

thats fairly cheesy? thee poor mouse donst stand a chance!

Chaos Minion
04-18-2011, 08:59 AM
I believe the "cheese" most folks are getting at is the wall of slaves you can put on the table. Yeah they die in droves but when you can put 200 slaves down inside 500pts, then I believe this is where people are losing their minds. Throw in a Warlord and you have a Ld 10 stubborn, 100+ man...err, ratman...headache. Also, the Hell Pit Abomination is somewhat problematic for some armies, (I can just imagine what will happen when the Sphinxes hit the table) T6 5W and can stand back up after you kill it is rather annoying. There are a lot more strategies out there and special tactics to the skaven, ie, cheap warmachines, firing into combat, awesome magic and some really cool magic items, (Doomrocket comes to mind). So there a lot of things that make the Skaven a cool (cheesy?...meh) army to have. But as all armies, there are ways to beat them, but they aren't as exploitable as...say the Elves, (T3, ouch!) but they can be beaten.

Cheese
06-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Skaven are T3, just like elves actually.
From my experience there's nothing that makes them a cheesy army. Maybe some players are just exploiting the codex?

Chronowraith
06-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Skaven really aren't cheesy in the grand scheme of things. We have a lot of useful units and no "standard" army build so, unlike say Vampire Counts, you never know what you are facing and most any build can be great used in the right hands.

Still, some strengths for skaven are listed below...

1)Slaves
2)Hellpit Abomination
3)Slaves
4)Weapon Teams
5)Slaves
6)Cheap Characters
7)Slaves
8)Several rules which allow skaven to bend/break the normal rules in the BRB (firing into combat, characters leading from the back of a unit, etc)