PDA

View Full Version : Adeptcon 2012 Army Ideas

wittdooley
04-17-2011, 08:54 AM
So this year we ran bankrupt Blood Angels. It was really fun. Next year we're tossing around the followIng ideas:

A Blood Angel / Necron Team Up w/ objective markers that include a necron and BA chest bumping as well as fist pounding. It would also include Blood Angels riding destroyer platforms as counts-as bikes.

Second thought is Grey Knights with the bodies of SoB littered about the bases and objective markers that include a SoB begging for her life and another mopping blood off a floor.

Pimp Orcs utilizing low-riders as wagons, nobs in mink coats and hats, and boys converted to females with close-combat press-ons

Thoughts or Suggestions? If were goin to do conversions or a high model count, we want to get started soon. No more painting the night before.

JonnyRoxtar
04-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Im not sure which members of this site the ork theme is meant to wind up.

Im pretty sure the other 2 are meant as a wind up to people on this site though .

If you want a vaguely humorous theme use the pimp theme on guardsmen and call them Chakakahns

wittdooley
04-17-2011, 09:21 AM
We considered a 70s blaxploitation film theme, but weren't sure if 4 white guys Doing that would be perceived the wrong way.

The others are all actual considerations. We have fun in the team tourney, and after the judges didnt even read our fluff booklet this year, we figured well continue doing farcical armies so at least we can have a laugh. There are people that apparently take this stuff VERY seriously.

Fellend
04-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Despite arguing in both threads, I think both the BA/Necron and the SOB/GK theme sounds absolutely awesome, infact i'd pay to see it well done.

wittdooley
04-17-2011, 12:58 PM
The painting will certainly be top notch. The guys that paints our Adepticon armies is quite good. We just really have to decide which will be the best to write fluff for. I wrote a 5-page (I think) codex style book this year, and the folks on Dakka seem to have enjoyed it. That's really what we're about.

Here's a link to the whole thing; he posted it on Dakka:

Chapter 13 (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/360859.page)

Whoop!
04-17-2011, 02:32 PM
I look forward to seeing next years effort, and I enjoyed Chapter 13.

Well Done!

DrLove42
04-18-2011, 07:02 AM
I love the Necs/BA idea...specially for you if Necs get a new codex soon

P.S Read your Chapter 13 stuff....its ace. Sure the next lot will be great as well!

Calgar33
04-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Ultramarine Termies riding Nids?

JxKxR
04-18-2011, 11:03 AM
The Necrons and Blood Angels sounds like a lot of fun.:)

Paul
04-18-2011, 11:52 AM
I think the GK + SoB idea would be HILARIOUS and you would be pointing out to all the bandwagoners one of the most embarrassing (IMEO) moments in the GK codex lol.

scadugenga
04-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Either of the non-ork choices would have me laughing my *** off.

If you chose to do the ork theme--you do realize you need to have "lowrider" playing on loop in the background, right?

wittdooley
04-18-2011, 07:32 PM
We have a GhettoBlaster that I built an MP3 player into :-)

scadugenga
04-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Then brother, go to town, and I will hopefully see you at next year's adepticon!