PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Thunderfire Cannon questions

nezkrul
04-17-2011, 07:40 AM
If I take a Thunderfire it comes with a Techmarine equipped with a servo harness. My question is, can I upgrade/add to the techmarine using the techmarine's options from the HQ section of the codex? Can I take a unit of servitors to stand around the cannon, as allowed by the techmarine?

Rapture
04-17-2011, 08:17 AM
No. Any upgrades would have to be listed as options under the unit you are purchasing or refer back to a list of possible upgrades under another unit.

dannyat2460
04-17-2011, 03:00 PM
you cant upgrade the techmarine but i do belive you are able to take a unit of servitors as all it say for servitors for every techmarine or master of the forge. and the thunderfire has a techmarine so in theory you can buy a unit of them,

they wont be able to attach to him tho until the cannon is destroyed

Lemt
04-17-2011, 04:20 PM
You can't upgrade the Thunderfire Cannon Techmarine Gunner, but I'd say you CAN buy a unit of servitors. Even if the Servitors are listed under the "normal" Techmarine entry, you should just have to fulfill the requirement of having a Techmarine or MotF.

But as Dannyat said, you can't join them to the Thunderfire unit until the cannon itself is destroyed, and thus need to test for mindlock.

Paul
04-17-2011, 08:35 PM
The Techmarine Gunner does indeed come with a servo-harness and power weapon, right?

IF not, why does the model have a servo-harness?

lobster-overlord
04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
His harness, if you look, is equiped with a loader claw for the thunderfire unit's shells. Makes for good model.

Paul
04-17-2011, 09:56 PM
His harness, if you look, is equiped with a loader claw for the thunderfire unit's shells. Makes for good model.

Is it WYSIWYG though? Or did GW just decide to stop making WYSIWYG models? Or can he take a harness?

lobster-overlord
04-17-2011, 10:41 PM
WYSIWYG usually goes up, not down with GW, from what I've seen. If an upgrade is on a model you don't have to take it, but if you take an upgrade, it has to be on the model... thus, the model has it, but the stats don't. If the stats did, but the model didn't then there would be an issue.

Besides, if they enforced WYSIWYG, then th whole idea of "counts as" wouldn't exist at all (but let us not continue that discussion here...)

John M>

Capitano
04-17-2011, 10:44 PM
the techmarine comes with a servo-harness...

he gets to bolster defenses...

you are paying 25 points for a Heavy 4 weapon with three ammo types...