PDA

View Full Version : New Codexes

Lord Castellan
04-15-2011, 11:24 PM
So what do we think the next codexes are going to be?

Necron of course, then Templar, obviously, but what else is coming down the pipes? 6th edition in a few years? Personally I dont think we need a new rulebook so soon but ive heard the rumor mill.

eldargal
04-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Necron-SoB-Tau (some debate about the exact order), then maybe BT, then 6th, CSM, Eldar. Bearing in mind this is highly speculative.

Lord Castellan
04-16-2011, 12:05 AM
BT will be sooner. They already have models and artwork for the boxes and so forth. They will be before Sisters I can guarantee it.

eldargal
04-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Doubt it, at the moment its neck and neck between Tau and SoB for who follows Necrons, none of the rumourmongers have mentioned hearing the slightest thing about BT. Some have even hinted they may not get a 5th ed codex at all.

Lord Castellan
04-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Depends on where they get their sources. Seeing the models and artwork at the factory is pretty solid.

eldargal
04-16-2011, 12:19 AM
True, I'll post this over on Warseer see if we can get any corroboration.:)

Lord Castellan
04-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Indeed. Its just what I heard from someone, may not be true. We'll see

shabbadoo
04-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Where were these models seen, in Lenton or in China?

eldargal
04-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Surely not China, they just closed their plant there. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/marketforceslive/2011/apr/08/games-workshop-gains)

Hive Mind
04-16-2011, 01:37 AM
The first army I ever had was Dark Angels and while I don't think the Codex is as bad as the interweb makes it out to be I'd really like to see a new one pronto.

eldargal
04-16-2011, 01:39 AM
A little on it from Harry:

Sculpts have been around for about 18 months. (and well worth a bit of saliva :D)

I honestly don't know the order they will appear ...

.... but if it helps, the order that I heard about them was: Grey Knights, Sisters, Black Templar.

Whilst I expect them to appear in this order .... This was a couple of years ago so anything could have happened in the development stages before release order was set in stone.

(Lord Castellan is a braver man than I ... I certainly would not be risking my todger on the table with a guarantee of anything!)

fuzzbuket
04-16-2011, 02:25 AM
The first army I ever had was Dark Angels and while I don't think the Codex is as bad as the interweb makes it out to be I'd really like to see a new one pronto.

just pray you dont have matt ward writing... crudaces dexes are OP but fluffy
ward.......

he murderd DH

eldargal
04-16-2011, 02:27 AM
A little more from Harry:

I just went and checked. :D
Last July is when I finally got it straight which was first DE or Grey Knights.
At that time ... after DE and GK I thought that Necrons and sisters were next ... but did not know which order.
I don't think that will have changed.
So I imagine these two will be next and Templars after that?
(If they are a full army release).

DrLove42
04-16-2011, 03:09 AM
BT don't need doing. Thanks to the FAQ they're pretty good right now! And frankly the furthur away from constant marine releases GW get the better for us...

Thye might see a release around the release of Dark Millenium

GrenAcid
04-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Better for us would be more xeno...and SoB(you gota love them).
Eldar&CSM dex before 6ed willbe a nice thing, just too update all armies and made some shift with 6ed(and mabye some major fluf change like death of emperor- dark time for =][= and with 7-8 ed reincarnation of Emperor and new grand crusade---Damn..I would enjoy it even if I play xeno)

justsam
04-16-2011, 06:43 AM
some weird instinct based on absolutely nothing tells me we'll see a 26th crusade before the emperor dies. progress is scary.

eldargal
04-16-2011, 07:04 AM
Agreed, the Necron-SoB-Tau thing really sounded ideal (Xenos-Girls-Xenos) with no Space Marines in sight.

Better for us would be more xeno...and SoB(you gota love them).

Turner
04-16-2011, 07:22 AM
If I may interject.

*At the Game Workshop Headquarters*

Dev: "Well it's that time again, time to put out another co-"
Matt Ward: "SPACE MARINES!"
Dev: *sigh* "We can't I'm begging you, let's-"

No but seriously, Tau have very few metal models and editing their codex to fit in with the other 5th edition ones would be a snap. Throw in some squadrons, delete some rules that don't make sense, change the cost of some models possibly buff something aannnnnnnddddd for the big splash that always comes with a new codex? Make a new model (or box of models) for something that already exists but you were to lazy to make in the first place. Also, make it extremely over priced.

Where as Necrons has lots of metal models still. Plus Necrons are the new Dark Eldar, minus the "they were still competitive with dark lace spam."

Just a thought: Tau, Space Marines, Sisters, Chaos Daemons, Space Marines, completely new codex called ULTRA MARINES!, Eldar, Orks, Space Marines, Necrons followed immediately by 6th Ed. which basically makes Necrons over priced, makes all there special rules null and void and basically makes them unplayable, yet again.

eldargal
04-16-2011, 07:27 AM
That could well be the case, just insert Necrons and SoB at the start instead.:)

Hive Mind
04-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Dev: "Well it's that time again, time to put out another co-"
Dev: *sigh* "We can't I'm begging you, let's-"

Am I the only one who read "SPACE MARINES" in the Team America Matt Damon voice?

Havik110
04-16-2011, 08:10 AM
The first army I ever had was Dark Angels and while I don't think the Codex is as bad as the interweb makes it out to be I'd really like to see a new one pronto.when they changed the rules for BT and DA a few months back and brought them up in line they really really took a step up. For instance, BT termies with Tank hunter shooting cyclones (not to mention their typhoons are cheaper than everyone elses)...or the biggest improvement and entire army of SS & TH deathwing Termies.

Believe me when I say, BT and DA are not in need of a new codex right now, they are every bit as good at the current marine dex (not as good as BA, wolves, or grey cheddar knights, but they are not bottom tier like crons and tau)

As far as sisters, they are a bit over costed, but immo spam works pretty good IMO and they do MSU pretty good, I would however like to see them as the shooting horde army they are meant to be, just need to make it so they can get their invuln off with more than 10...

Skragger
04-16-2011, 08:50 AM
BT will be sooner. They already have models and artwork for the boxes and so forth. They will be before Sisters I can guarantee it.

Can we see these? =D I know the raging debate is between Necrons and Tau

Cyberscape7
04-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Tau I don't think are in that big of a hurry for a new dex. Lets face it their weapons are good enough to spam on the enemy and keep them from getting close enough to slaughter them. As for the necrons and SoB, who ABSOLUTLEY need a dex, I reckon we can expect necrons round about August and SoB December time. Just my guess tho.

eldargal
04-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Quite a good guess, thats what some of the rumourmongers have said. Necrons August, SoB either up for pre-order or released in December. Tau april 2012. BT after that, unless GW decide to stuff them in the 6th ed C:SM.

LittleBird
04-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Don't expect BT for a while. DA is the next Loyalist Marine army release, and they're at least a year out.

Necron_Lord
04-16-2011, 09:34 AM
The debate between whether Tau or Necrons will be the next codex to drop was settled by the recent Tau FAQ. The question is who will be the author? I think it might be Cruddace, as he was making TK into Necrons in a desert. I wouldn't be surprised if he does 'crons as well. If so, here's hoping the new codex will be more like IG than 'nids. If not him, then it would be Phil Kelly, which would be quite nice, really. I rather fancy the codices he does, well for 40K anyway. I would be shocked if Matt Ward would do two 40K codices back to back and he has already done three of them.

Hive Mind
04-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Believe me when I say, BT and DA are not in need of a new codex right now, they are every bit as good at the current marine dex (not as good as BA, wolves, or grey cheddar knights, but they are not bottom tier like crons and tau)

Yeah, I don't think the DA codex is as bad as it's made out to be but there are some very irritating niggles in it. Five-strong Terminator squads for one. Not being able to put a meltagun or power fist on an assault marine is another.

But then Outflanking a Ravenwing squad with two meltaguns and an attack bike multi-melta is pretty sweet so... swings and roundabouts.

gwensdad
04-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I don't think the DA codex is as bad as it's made out to be but there are some very irritating niggles in it. Five-strong Terminator squads for one. Not being able to put a meltagun or power fist on an assault marine is another.

I'm actually looking at the DA Codex as a way to build my Deathwatch Kill Army (using my Space Hulk Terminators). I don't mind the 5 man squads since the weapons can be exchanged very freely.

Morgan Darkstar
04-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Am I the only one who read "SPACE MARINES" in the Team America Matt Damon voice?

No :)

Still puting my money on Necrons in october but i guess we'll find out around Games Day UK.

meleemadness
04-16-2011, 10:54 AM
True, I'll post this over on Warseer see if we can get any corroboration.:)

Look at you! You intelligence analyst!

Anyway, i can't play here in Afghanio-stan, which is fine cause I want more ELDAR!!!!

oldschoolgameroO
04-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Tau I don't think are in that big of a hurry for a new dex. Lets face it their weapons are good enough to spam on the enemy and keep them from getting close enough to slaughter them. As for the necrons and SoB, who ABSOLUTLEY need a dex, I reckon we can expect necrons round about August and SoB December time. Just my guess tho.

Every Tau player I know will disagree with this statement. With the whole theory of imp/xenox/imp/etc I would only guess Necron, SoB, Tau though I honestly believe (or rather hope) it's going to be more like Necron, Tau, SoB. With the massive FAQ on BT and DA I think they are set until the rumored 6th ed comes out or right before.

Lockark
04-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Witch is funny you say that. There is a good number of Tau players who vist the my LGS, and there all convinced Tau will not be as powerfull in there new book. Because a cheesy Tau list played right will always butcher a mec list.

DrLove42
04-16-2011, 12:01 PM
In the world of deepstriking assault squads, rapid transports, fly by drops and wound allocation stuff Tau got hammered by stuff that on top of them before they get a chance to fight back. And with poor assault we get punched into the ground. There are very few builds that offer any hope in gaming

They'll do well in a new codex.

But please for the love of god, can the next 2 codexes be Necrons and Sisters...

isotope99
04-16-2011, 12:51 PM
They've already updated 3 of the subsidiary space marine codices (BA, SW and GK) so i can't see them doing any more before sixth edition.

DrLove42
04-16-2011, 01:13 PM
They've already updated 3 of the subsidiary space marine codices (BA, SW and GK) so i can't see them doing any more before sixth edition.

Part of me looks forward to, and part of me fears the day that we see Space Wolves "count as" Dark Angels...

GrenAcid
04-16-2011, 02:20 PM
But please for the love of god, can the next 2 codexes be Necrons and Sisters...
Amen.

On other side, please give me some time to buy/paint my DE before I trow myself on Inquisition altar;)

Atrum Angelus
04-16-2011, 03:26 PM
dunno if this is new news or old, but I've just noticed the UK website currently lists Devilfish as "no longer available" for sale. this lend any weight to Tau Codex being updated soon?

gcsmith
04-16-2011, 03:50 PM
or stock sold out?

DarkLink
04-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Witch is funny you say that. There is a good number of Tau players who vist the my LGS, and there all convinced Tau will not be as powerfull in there new book.

Tau are still good, but I don't think they're that good. And they're lacking variety in the good units that they do have.

Farseer Uthiliesh
04-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Tau are still good, but I don't think they're that good. And they're lacking variety in the good units that they do have.

True, but I do think they need an update to their model range; new Crisis suit desgns.

GrenAcid
04-17-2011, 04:52 AM
True, but I do think they need an update to their model range; new Crisis suit desgns.

New desige? Nah...just bring FW and thats it, tau vehicles look very-very good(right behind eldar), firewariorrs and kroots dont need much workIMO just refreshing more dynamic stancesand equipment and BOOM we have new good looking tau empire, new siuts(units) and their appeal is critical for tau.

Farseer Uthiliesh
04-17-2011, 07:18 AM
New desige? Nah...just bring FW and thats it, tau vehicles look very-very good(right behind eldar), firewariorrs and kroots dont need much workIMO just refreshing more dynamic stancesand equipment and BOOM we have new good looking tau empire, new siuts(units) and their appeal is critical for tau.

My apologies; I meant the new FW design. But I do agree with everything in your post.

Lockark
04-17-2011, 11:08 AM

When I say good, I don't mean there a fun army to play. In some match ups they also relie heavily on needing 1st turn to be able to whip the floor with someone.

I've only seen a "Bubble Wrap" Tau List crap the bed ageist non-mec/hoard armies like Green Tide and Nids. A good Tau List basically relies on having large Cheap Kroot Squads to stop you from deep striking near there stuff. Also to get Assaulted and Die.

GW is moving away from units who's only point is to die, and most players are convinced that play style is going to be nerf'd (Lawl, Nidzillia Anyone?)

Oh yah. On topic....
I just saw this over on DakkaDakka.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/361666.page

A Black Templar Vs. Deamon Starter Set perplexes me greatly.

Galadren
04-17-2011, 12:45 PM
As much as I want to throw my hands in the air and sing the praises of the Emperor and recite Litanies as I oil my bolt pistol and chainsword once more in preparation to bring my hatred of the Mutant, the Heretic, and the Xenos to the battlefield with a new codex..I just don't see it happening before Sisters.

DrLove42
04-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Now it may just be the booze talking (what, I'm alone in the evening while the missus is at a work party) but I will be really annoyed if BT get in before Sisters and Tau. They don't need it! At our recent tournement a BT list won against every other army thanks to the new FAQ, 12-0, losing less than half his army every game, with an annihaltion most games. While I'm not denying they could use an update eventually to give them some more variety, they do not need it this quickly. The Nuns and Robots need it more!

Also I love that BoLs have posted "BT are next!!!" practically as their front page news story, despite the fact there is little to no evidence for it, and a lot more against it...

turel2
04-17-2011, 04:24 PM
So when are Eldar getting a new Codex?

JxKxR
04-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Also I love that BoLs have posted "BT are next!!!" practically as their front page news story, despite the fact there is little to no evidence for it, and a lot more against it...

Yeah, it makes them seem dumb. It really looks to me like the OP was just wishing because he plays Black Templars and then everyone thought it was a real rumor so now he's just rolling with it. :rolleyes:

Morgan Darkstar
04-17-2011, 05:39 PM

to be honest i think the release scedule for the next few years will look like this

Oct 2011 Necrons
Feb-Mar 2012 Black Templars*
June-July 2012 Sisters of Battle*
Sep-Oct 2012 Tau
Feb-Mar 2013 Dark Angels
Sep-Oct 2013 the release of Warhammer 40k 6th edition announced at gamesday uk with Eldar and Chaos space marines forming the contents of the new black reach equivalent box set with the aforementioned codexes/armies falling shortly before or after.

or it could be the alcohol talking we shall see

* interchangeable

Lord Castellan
04-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Wow I got busy and didnt have a chance to respond. And now ive made front page of BOLS, impressive. :)

Its very likely they are coming soon. What was seen was accidental, they werent even supposed to show the stuff off. Looking very likely that they will be coming after Necrons.

And dont need a new ccodex? Are you kidding me? For one our squads cost $65 rather than $35 since we have a pointless upgrade kit, which desperately needs to be replaced by a troop box with legs and all. Plus it would be nice to get a new type of tank thats unique, since the Crusader was stolen from us.

Vows are a huge part of our army, and since the Dex is so old they are now all useless except one that is only so good because the USR has changed from what it originally was intended to be. Righteous Zeal is important too, but before we could zeal straight into close combat which was a boon, that needs to come back. Plus we are limited to one special weapon and one heavy even in our 20 man squads. Rhinos are TWICE the price of SM ones after buying the upgrades that C:SM gets for free. Plus wargear is wonky and needs to be reworked, amongst other things. Like the fact that we still have to pay for grenades for some reason.

We have alot of things that are there because the dex is old but dont make any sense. We are a non shooty army all about close combat to the point where we eschew Devastators and Whirlwinds, but simply because we have a codex our Lascannon Dreads can fire S10, and we have super shooty cyclone missile tank hunter Terminators. Stuff thats abusive but doesent belong in the codex and only happened by accident. Veteran Skills are still around and need to go away to come in line with the modern game. Replace them with designated abilities, for example since we are a zealous close combat army tthat charges when others retreat in a furious rage, it only makes sense for most or all of the army to get Furious Charge. It should be without question.

Dont say the FAQ made Templar good, it really only did two things, make Storm Shields awesome and give us the Cyclone Missile Launcher trick, the latter of which doesent fit in our codex. Id rather have something more Templary and close combat oriented than cheap tricks we shouldnt have.

Plus id like to see more fluff(please dont let Ward write the dex. im not trying to fan boy ***** I just really hope he doesent. Let Graham Mcneil come back to write it) Our codex is small and short and needs more. Like more special characters, preferably an Emperor's Champion who gives the army his own special powerful vow.

We really need a new codex, and deserve it seeing as we are the oldest SM codex around right now. I see a post Necron release to be very likely. perhaps right before christmas if Necron come out this summer? Or right after. But original rumors I heard was Necron in the summer and the next Dex in the fall, and Templar are looking ever more likely.

Brass Scorpion
04-17-2011, 08:16 PM
$65/squad a problem because of an (optional) upgrade kit? No more so than:
- A 10-man squad of Grey Knights in Power Armor is $66.
- A 10-man Death Company squad is $66.

Just an observation that the cost situation is not unique.

Lord Castellan
04-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Death Company are special troops not standard troops. Tac squads are still 35 for BA.

And Grey Knights are different not similar. For one a 10 man Grey Knight squad, both points wise and definately power wise, does not equal a 10 man SM squad. 5 Grey Knights DOES equal 10 Marines. Plus its better than $15 for two models. But thats a different situation, contrary to popular belief (Wardism) Grey Knights dont equal Space Marines, they arent exactly in the same league.

So yeah my squads cost far too much more, in dollars and points considering the stuff we dont have.

eldargal
04-18-2011, 12:14 AM
SoB pay 3.58 pounds/5.75USD per troop, and because you have to buy four packs to get the basic squad you end up paying 43GBP/69SD. To get a full squad you then have to double it. So

Full squad of BT Tactical Marines 41.50GBP/66USD
Half Squad of SoB 43GBP/69SD
Full squad of SoB 75GBP/138USD

It costs 31GBP for 20 Orks by way of comparison for a 20person squad.

BT do need an upgrade, bu no more so than Eldar, DA, Necrons or Tau.

SoB, on the under hand, need a new codex, new troops, new units, new kits for new units etcetera.

Lord Castellan
04-18-2011, 01:32 AM
Well technically a full squad of BT includes 10 Neophytes so thats another fifty USD.

But still I dont ssee sisters getting it, theres one Inquisition codex just came out no telling that another will come soon. If it does at all.

Dont get me wrong, I dont WANT Sisters to not get a codex, but their special characters and many of their models were tossed into C:GK. Theres a chance Sisters might be... discontinued.

Trust me I dont want to see it happen either, but theres a possibility.

eldargal
04-18-2011, 01:42 AM
Sisters aren't Inquisition, they are Eclesiarchy/Ministorum forces.;) There is no possibility of them being discontinued, Harry and others have seen their new models, art etc.

DrLove42
04-18-2011, 02:49 AM
Besides high box costs are not a reason for releasing a new dex. If "my troops cost more $$$ than yours" was a reason for a new codex, then the Sisters and Necs are guarenteed to be next, not BT

Asimodeus
04-18-2011, 05:13 AM
Next Codexes?

Necrons
SoB
Black Templars
Tau
Dark Angels
Chaos SM
Eldar

and this rumour that 6th ed is next year doesn't hold any weight with me, it's more likely to be 4th Qtr 2013

at least from what I have heard.

Ghost of War
04-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Still bankin on Tau in Oct.

Asimodeus
04-18-2011, 06:45 AM

Sorry bud it aint gonna happen until 2nd or 3rd qtr 2012

Brass Scorpion
04-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Death Company are special troops not standard troops. Tac squads are still 35 for BA.

And Grey Knights are different not similar. For one a 10 man Grey Knight squad, both points wise and definately power wise, does not equal a 10 man SM squad. 5 Grey Knights DOES equal 10 Marines. Plus its better than $15 for two models. But thats a different situation, contrary to popular belief (Wardism) Grey Knights dont equal Space Marines, they arent exactly in the same league.

So yeah my squads cost far too much more, in dollars and points considering the stuff we dont have.
Death Company are not standard troops? They often are in many Blood Angels armies. Grey Knights in power armor are also a standard troops option, likely the most numerous one in many GK armies. Those are standard troops for the armies for which they are sold. Yes, GW looks at them as premium specialty sets, but some of what is and what isn't can seem quite arbitrary. DA Vets are only 5 to a box too and are more expensive per model than the Space Wolf basic box which also provides lots of upgrade bits for regular SM models. I know a lot of people like to argue about even the most basic facts these days. Even saying water is wet or the sky is blue is now called into question in our factually challenged society. Some people may have noticed that after pointing out simple facts I avoid engaging in protracted arguments designed to obfuscate facts or make spurious or complex arguments seem justified. This will be my last post in this thread on this specific topic.

And "definitely" does not have a letter "a" in it. Finite is the root word of definite, infinite, infinity, infinitely, etc. and there's definitely no "a" in any of it.

Defenestratus
04-18-2011, 07:47 AM

Considering that playtesting copies of codexes are still with testers I don't see that happening.

Hive Mind
04-18-2011, 07:55 AM
If you lived in England you'd know that the sky is grey. Permanently.

Lord Castellan
04-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Death Company are not standard troops? They often are in many Blood Angels armies. Grey Knights in power armor are also a standard troops option, likely the most numerous one in many GK armies. Those are standard troops for the armies for which they are sold. Yes, GW looks at them as premium specialty sets, but some of what is and what isn't can seem quite arbitrary. DA Vets are only 5 to a box too and are more expensive per model than the Space Wolf basic box which also provides lots of upgrade bits for regular SM models. I know a lot of people like to argue about even the most basic facts these days. Even saying water is wet or the sky is blue is now called into question in our factually challenged society. Some people may have noticed that after pointing out simple facts I avoid engaging in protracted arguments designed to obfuscate facts or make spurious or complex arguments seem justified. This will be my last post in this thread on this specific topic.

And "definitely" does not have a letter "a" in it. Finite is the root word of definite, infinite, infinity, infinitely, etc. and there's definitely no "a" in any of it.

Really? A "You spelled something wrong so im better than you" move? Sigh. Dont act high and mighty with your big paragraph assuming you dont want an argument. Especially if you are going to back it up with such an asinine comment afterwords.

You dont want to argue simple facts? Fine, I just said my squads are more expensive than normal and that I think we need a proper box to replace it and soon. I never said others arent, just that mine are which is of course a fact. You came back trying to argue that others are more expensive, so dont blatantly lie please. This is all a matter of opinion mixed with wishful thinking mixed with a little bit of inside information. All in all its still just an idea nothing is set in stone. There is no reason to argue that I dont need a codex if I believe I do, according to your statement, but you have now contradicted yourself completely and continued to argue that which you claim to be better than.

If you "Wouldnt argue simple facts" then dont. Maybe then ill believe you.

Lane
04-18-2011, 09:58 AM
If you lived in England you'd know that the sky is grey. Permanently.

So when someone says "stick it where the sun doesn't shine" we should send it to England?

here I was thinking Seattle weather sucked, at least their summers are nice.

Deadlift
04-18-2011, 10:15 AM
So when someone says "stick it where the sun doesn't shine" we should send it to England?

here I was thinking Seattle weather sucked, at least their summers are nice.
Down here is the south west of England we DO have blue sky's. Today not a cloud in the sky. However the global warming brigade are so very wrong. It's fooking freezing :)

DarkLink
04-18-2011, 12:29 PM
What's a cloud? We don't get those in California, I don't think.

DrLove42
04-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Central South England here. No clouds...just a wind. Not particularly warm unless there happens to be a sheet of glass between you and the balll of fusion in the sky...

Lucidum
04-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Where the bloody hell did the Black Templars rumor pop up? Seriously, all I've been hearing the last five months has been Grey Knights (now out), Necrons, Sisters of Battle, and then Tau. Not once have I heard Black Templars until just now with this threat and wherever it originated from on other sites. What is this rumor based on? Were they showing off BT stuff at the latest games day or whatever?

Morgan Darkstar
04-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Where the bloody hell did the Black Templars rumor pop up? Seriously, all I've been hearing the last five months has been Grey Knights (now out), Necrons, Sisters of Battle, and then Tau. Not once have I heard Black Templars until just now with this threat and wherever it originated from on other sites. What is this rumor based on? Were they showing off BT stuff at the latest games day or whatever?

Chill dude it's just a rumour no need to get hot under the collar nothing is set in stone...

"apart from Necrons in october of course"

DrLove42
04-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Were they showing off BT stuff at the latest games day or whatever?

Thenext games day in France BTW....in less than a month. With france being so close to England, there might be a chance of seeing new stuff...

isotope99
04-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Timing suggests that they would unveil the July magicstorm thing for Fantasy if anything or maybe the new DE if its before the advance orders go up.

Don't think we'll see any sneak peeks of the next 40K army until UK Games day in September, but we should know what it is around July from the incoming email if its going to be an October release. (All speculative)

Common patterns are that GW avoids specific army releases at the holidays (July/August/December).

HsojVvad
04-18-2011, 03:12 PM

It's a rumour not a fact. Hell I have been hearing about BT for the last 2 years so.... I guess it started about 2 years ago and got some steam last year.

Wildeybeast
04-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Common patterns are that GW avoids specific army releases at the holidays (July/August/December).

Do we know why that it is? They always release naff all in December when you would have thought they would sell tons of stuff, what with it being a time of year that people traditionally spend excessive amounts of money they haven't got on stuff they don't really need.

Lockark
04-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Do we know why that it is? They always release naff all in December when you would have thought they would sell tons of stuff, what with it being a time of year that people traditionally spend excessive amounts of money they haven't got on stuff they don't really need.

I assume because they do sell plenty during that time, for the reasons you gave. There for they would rather save there releases for when business would other wise be slow to keep it on the up and up.

Lord Castellan
04-19-2011, 06:48 PM

Like Lockark said. You will always sell alot at Christmas and at New Releases. So why make them coincide? If they release something when its otherwise slow then their sales increase, and sales will already increase in December. Bills are years round so they gotta do what they can to make profit year round too.

Wildeybeast
04-20-2011, 03:53 AM
I guess that's true. They have a pretty captive market who will buy stuff regardless of when it is released. It just seems odd that they don't release anything at all at Xmas (last year saw Knights of Panther bitz and that was about it). It seems odd that there is something significant released every other month.

No Identity
04-23-2011, 11:25 AM
To those who are expecting to see Black Templars, forget it.

They have many finished models and art. But they are being held back.

A mate who works at THQ (who are making Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online) has the impression that GW is intending for a table top tie-in with this particular video game.

And the only playable Space Marine chapter in that game are Black Templars. The release of WH40K: DMO is interestingly enough placed in late 2012/ early 2013 - and that means it will probably make the splash along with 6th edition.

Now this is my personal speculation: Black Templars will feature in the 6th edition starter set along with Eldar, followed by a Chaos release - which means two out of four playable races in Dark Millennium are covered as soon as 6th splashes, probably being followed by the third and fourth (Chaos and Orks)

Also, over at Heresy, two other rumors: prices of tin rising enough to spurn GW to suspend producing with the material, and Necrons getting delayed. They are likely related. (My guess is that Necrons were planned with more metal releases than GW can afford and have to get a slight rework before it comes out.)

This moves Tau to the front of the queue.

GrenAcid
04-23-2011, 06:09 PM
To those who are expecting to see Black Templars, forget it.

They have many finished models and art. But they are being held back.

A mate who works at THQ (who are making Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online) has the impression that GW is intending for a table top tie-in with this particular video game.

And the only playable Space Marine chapter in that game are Black Templars. The release of WH40K: DMO is interestingly enough placed in late 2012/ early 2013 - and that means it will probably make the splash along with 6th edition.

Now this is my personal speculation: Black Templars will feature in the 6th edition starter set along with Eldar, followed by a Chaos release - which means two out of four playable races in Dark Millennium are covered as soon as 6th splashes, probably being followed by the third and fourth (Chaos and Orks)

Also, over at Heresy, two other rumors: prices of tin rising enough to spurn GW to suspend producing with the material, and Necrons getting delayed. They are likely related. (My guess is that Necrons were planned with more metal releases than GW can afford and have to get a slight rework before it comes out.)

Sounds credible and logic(but with GW you can trow logic out of window) & makes sence.
But in front of queue are also SoB(may gods let that happen) and we didnt hear anything about them lately.

Wildeybeast
04-24-2011, 04:47 AM
Sounds believable, except that GW is pushing towards plastic more and more, I don't know why the Necrons would be a metal heavy release and certainly not more so than Tau or SoB. Also GW has a history of passing price increases in raw material onto the customer, and with new releases customers wouldn't even realise. I doubt the price of raw materials is going to go down significantly in the immeadiate future, given the way the global economy is going, so GW could be waiting for quite some time, which seems like a nonsense if the Necrons are ready to go.
So in short, I don't buy this as a reason for delaying the Necrons release.

Malakai
04-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Now this is my personal speculation: Black Templars will feature in the 6th edition starter set along with Eldar, followed by a Chaos release -

1.What about the rumours of the 6th ed box being Daemons and BT?

2.GW will start using resin. They've planned this out and 'the price of tin' has nothing to do with the amount of Necron releases they will be putting out.

No Identity
04-25-2011, 07:33 AM
1.What about the rumours of the 6th ed box being Daemons and BT?

2.GW will start using resin. They've planned this out and 'the price of tin' has nothing to do with the amount of Necron releases they will be putting out.

Casts for Necron models, if they indeed were the first planned out of the 3 upcoming armies, will have had to be already made before the decision was made to switch the material. Therefore a delay is plausible.

Lemt
04-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Casts for Necron models, if they indeed were the first planned out of the 3 upcoming armies, will have had to be already made before the decision was made to switch the material. Therefore a delay is plausible.

So there's a chance Necrons will be delayed because they tried to get them out first?

Worst part is, the codex will likely already be outdated by the time they release it...

Lane
04-25-2011, 09:20 AM

The US hobby managers were recently at the GWUS headquarters and toured the factory. They say there was no sign of a switch to resin as of two weeks ago.

Morgan Darkstar
04-25-2011, 10:34 AM
The US hobby managers were recently at the GWUS headquarters and toured the factory. They say there was no sign of a switch to resin as of two weeks ago.

Because GW aren't that good at keeping secrets?

"welcome to our factory please ignore the large boxes marked Resin we are just holding them for someone else!"

oh and Necrons will be the next codex, there are no delays something that has not been announced cannot be delayed. .

eldargal
04-25-2011, 11:40 AM
I just heard from someone who has been somewhat reliable in the past (said DE would be in IA11 back in December, which I ignored as unlikely:rolleyes:) that GW really don't know who will be released first, SoB or Necrons.

I'm still going with Necrons myself.

Lerra
04-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Just a note: if anyone is interested in Sisters of Battle fluff, you should check out the new Dark Heresy book called Blood of Martyrs. It's the most in depth look at Sisters so far, and it's all GW-approved canon. The writers for Blood of Martyrs worked closely with codex writers to make sure everything was accurate.

Cyberscape7
04-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Who knows, maybe Mat Ward said: "Hmmm, Necrons or SoB first? I know! Lets fuse the two armies and make Sisters of Battle with bigger and stronger weapons. We'll call them, Necromarines, spin off chapter from the Ultramarines!!!!
Phil Kelly then bludgeons him to death with his Eldar Phantom Titan...

Lane
04-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Just a note: if anyone is interested in Sisters of Battle fluff, you should check out the new Dark Heresy book called Blood of Martyrs.

Highly recommended.

Lane
04-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Phil Kelly then bludgeons him to death with his Eldar Phantom Titan...

Matt ward is not worthy of being beaten with a Phantom Titan.

Maybe a sack of Nagash minis.

Defenestratus
04-25-2011, 06:47 PM
I can't believe that I spent time reading this whole thread. Its the biggest collection of rumor-mongering and wishlisting I've seen on the News and Rumors forum .. ever.