PDA

View Full Version : Wraithseer and Corsairs for Preorder

DrLove42
04-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Does what it says on the tin. Wraithseer and Corsair conversion kits are available on FW website

The rules for the Wraithseer are also up, and quite different to s=those shown on the Open Day!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/w/wraithseer.pdf

The seer...his Invulns got worse
He is a HQ choice, but only if you include a unit of wraithguard. And he doens't fill the compulsary slot, so you still need to take a 2nd normal HQ choice
His base price has gone up AND he now needs to buy his weapons BUT doesn't have to buy its physic powers now
Acts as a spirit seer, and anyt shots taken from any wraiths in this area, makes the enemies cover save worse by 1

My overall opinion is hes now incredbily overpriced (235pts with a D-Cannon), considering he needs a 2nd HQ choice to babysit him and make sure he doesn't wander off and start making daisy chains....

eldargal
04-15-2011, 08:08 AM
I like Enliven, fleet Wraithguard hehe.

I also think the Corsairs look much nicer painted than they did in the raw resin and plastic.

DrLove42
04-15-2011, 08:13 AM
Agreed. The colours also suggest that the Wasp Walker is a Corsair construct, not a Craftworld one.

However I note the £18 purchase of corsairs gets you just the 10 man conversion kit. Its doesn't get you the plastic guardian set to put them on. So that another £20 to get the guardians, unless you happen to have some knocking round the house... bringing the entire squad to just shy of £40!

Mr.Pickelz
04-15-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm a little annoyed by the "...Doesn't fill Mandatory HQ slot..." on the wraithseer, i would like to see it lead an army as a Farseer, but just entombed in a wraithlord.

DarkLink
04-15-2011, 09:42 AM
It makes up for how Eldar rely on certain HQs. The Wraithseer looks like it will be best in a footdar list, and footdar list basically require both eldrad and the avatar to function, leaving you with no HQ slots left.

I like the rules a lot, though they're not particularly potent. Just like Shadow Specters.

Demonus
04-15-2011, 10:48 AM
i agree he seems overly priced. he wounds on a 2+ is nice....but at str 10, how often will you not?

5+ invulnerable is nice but I think Wraithseers (and lords for that matter) should have 2+ armor saves to begin with.

his powers are ok, nothing spectacular, but the fleet one is kinda nice. The one that lets Wraithguard stand back up with 1 wound reminds me of 2nd edition 40k, but I think it should be better than just a 6.

the d-cannon is too expensive

the HQ slot thing is annoying. He should count as an HQ, but not take the slot, like a Greater Daemon does in a CSM army. Make him 0-1 per army.

ill buy one, cause i like the model, but it may spend more time in the display case than on the gaming table.

GrenAcid
04-15-2011, 04:54 PM
I like his rules, but they could be more sharp...bit too pricy for what he have, just like shadow specters...they both lack edge.