PDA

View Full Version : Iron Hands in Promethean Sun

energongoodie
04-15-2011, 03:45 AM
I bought my copy of Promethean Sun this morning before I actually looked at the description of the book. I was very pleased to find that the iron Hands will be making an appearance in this book. It gives me hope that they might get their own book.

Here is the text from the product page on the Black Library web site.

Iron Hands Legion

Scattered but unsubstantiated reports exist concerning the role of the Iron Hands Legion and Primarch Ferrus Manus during the occupation of the planet One-Five-Four-Four. The X Legion fought on the worlds primary desert continent, known locally as ‘Krovach’. Remembrancer ************* alleged the Primarch (referred to as ‘the Gorgon’ in her iterated slates) was incommunicado for several hours during the advance and that this resulted in the Iron Hands being the last to complete their objectives. Upon his return, the Primarch was single minded enough to complete his mission in a timely fashion, but the events leading up to his reuniting with his legion remain a mystery. *********** postulates that ************************* elder ******* was responsible and this ******** waylaid the Gorgon ********************.

Symbol of Ferrus Manus

The literal ‘Iron Hand’ symbol is the mark of the Primarch Ferrus Manus. While obviously borne on the armour of the X’s Legionaries and their vehicles, this motif (or at least aspects of it) was also commonly emblazoned on those Army divisions serving under the Primarch as part of his battle group. In the case of the forces arrayed on planet One-Five-Four-Four this included the 144th cohort of the Degovark Proto Industrial and Medusa’s own ‘Iron Tenth’ of the Sorrgol Clan. This tradition may or may not have come about after the primarch reportedly presented an Iron Handd icon he’d snapped from a Legionary banner to the Anatolian Brigades for being the first to breach the gates to the inner furnaces of the Terawatt Clan.

My question to you guys is what do we think Ferrus Manus was doing while he was away from his Legion?
Was he searching for a lost artefact, talking to the eldar about their tech. Or were they trying to warn him about the coming heresy like at the end of 'Legion' with Alpharius.
What do you guys think?

Fantomex
05-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Who knows? I'm just foaming at the mouth to read it..
Certainly gotta be some form of archaeotech or ubiquitous MASSIVE TWIST, neither of which I will complain about..

Very pleased there'll be another Iron Hands-centric one too..
I'll guess that one will maybe focus on why Ferrus Manus and the Mechanicum became linked allies?:confused: