PDA

View Full Version : Brb?

Skragger
04-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Okay! Time to solve this debate, I've seen one thread descend into the maddness of chaos because of it, and I wont see another die because of it!

"B.R.B" = besides be right back, what does it stand for?

I always said "Battle Rules Book" or "Big Rules Book"

But I've seen "Black Reach Book" and "Big Red Book" (<- makes no sense as the book is very black, this would make more sense if it were WHFB).

Help us out here! Cleave through the laziness of acronyms!

Drew da Destroya
04-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Regardless of the actual letters, it means "The primary 40k rulebook".

I always thought it was Big Red Book, though... partially because the front cover picture is very red, but also because sources allege that BigRed wrote it.

Paul
04-13-2011, 10:35 AM
I interpret it as Basic Rule Book, so that it can be used for every edition so I can stop relearning acronyms.

Demonus
04-13-2011, 10:45 AM
basic rule book. ive seen big red book as well, which makes little sense, as my book is grey with some red on the cover...

celestialatc
04-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Since we are talking about the acronym BRB, can I ask what RAW and RAI stand for? I see it a lot but I am confused on what they mean.

eldargal
04-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Rules As Written and Rules as Intended.

celestialatc
04-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Rules As Written and Rules as Intended.

It makes so much sense!!!

wittdooley
04-13-2011, 11:28 AM
RAI = normal friendly players
RAW = douchbaggery

;)

Anyways. Couldn't BRB just be "Big Rule Book?" Then again, the softcover rulebooks contain the exact same rules... so there's that.

Morgan Darkstar
04-13-2011, 11:34 AM
RAW = douchbaggery

;)

Mwahahaha awesome totally agree :D

DarkLink
04-13-2011, 11:47 AM
RAW = douchbaggery

No.

RAI= Doesn't exist

RAW=RAI

Claiming something is RAI is saying "this is what I think the rules should be, I don't care what they actually say". Whatever you might think, you don't have the ability to read the mind of the person who writes the codex and figure out what he intended. Being a douchebag is completely independent of how one plays the rules, though cheating is one way of being one.

If you find a gap in the rules that needs patching, you need to turn to houserules. Don't try and pass your houserules off as GW's intent. This is not 'nam. This is 40k. There are rules.

gcsmith
04-13-2011, 12:01 PM
To be honest i think it should stand for 'british rule book'
Then americans can have 'BLRB'
Butchered language rule book

Hive Mind
04-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Do they make local variations for the U.S? Do they have Honor Guard and Color Schemes in their books?

Demonus
04-13-2011, 01:03 PM

LOL but in the BLRB, the IG have nice teeth =P.

SotonShades
04-13-2011, 01:11 PM
I've been thinking that we've needed a thread like this for a while.

One that took me a while to work out was MEQ. I'm fairly certain it means Marine EQuivalent (please do correct me if I'm wrong) and refers to the collection of Codicies/armies that are essentially power armoured troops with rhinos, with a few specialities.

I'm sure I'll spot a couple more before the day is out.

Lane
04-13-2011, 01:48 PM
No.

RAI= Doesn't exist

RAW=RAI

By this logic RAW = RAI = Does not exist

Claiming something is RAI is saying "this is what I think the rules should be, I don't care what they actually say".

Translate as "I can be as much of as douche bag as I want until it gets FAQ'd

GW has a history of writing inconsistent or unclear rules which are later FAQ'd to the RAI version.

wittdooley
04-13-2011, 01:56 PM
No.

RAI= Doesn't exist

RAW=RAI

Claiming something is RAI is saying "this is what I think the rules should be, I don't care what they actually say". Whatever you might think, you don't have the ability to read the mind of the person who writes the codex and figure out what he intended. Being a douchebag is completely independent of how one plays the rules, though cheating is one way of being one.

If you find a gap in the rules that needs patching, you need to turn to houserules. Don't try and pass your houserules off as GW's intent. This is not 'nam. This is 40k. There are rules.

I disagree a bit, but not completely. I think the issue with RAW comes from the people that purposefully seek out the loopholes in the written rules. On a very general basis, these people are the the d-bags.

Then again, I always err on the side of keeping the game moving and having fun, so I am clearly not a RAW guy.

celestialatc
04-13-2011, 02:05 PM
I've been thinking that we've needed a thread like this for a while.

One that took me a while to work out was MEQ. I'm fairly certain it means Marine EQuivalent (please do correct me if I'm wrong) and refers to the collection of Codicies/armies that are essentially power armoured troops with rhinos, with a few specialities.

I'm sure I'll spot a couple more before the day is out.

Acckk! I thought MEQ was for mostly Mechanical lists with a lot of armor (MECH=MEQ).....

Defenestratus
04-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Its Big Red Book - as in 4th edition it was BGB which meant Big Green Book.

MEQ = Marine Equivalient, S4 T4 3+sv

DarkLink
04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
By this logic RAW = RAI = Does not exist

Hence the problem with slapping labels on stuff. But frankly I was hoping people would see the actual point I was trying to make instead of just being smartasses.

The rules that GW intended are the ones sitting in print in front of you when you open up codex. Sometimes they make mistakes, sometimes they need to be houseruled. But when someone says "but RAI says...", they're making stuff up. And that is far easier to abuse than following the letter of the rules, because you can use RAI to justify just about whatever broken crap you dare to try and force on your opponent.

Translate as "I can be as much of as douche bag as I want until it gets FAQ'd

Translation: "I like calling anyone who disagrees with me a douche".

It's not the rules that make people douches. Having clear and concise rules to prevent anyone from pulling some "oh, but RAI says my Wolf Lord gets X ability" is something GW is not very good at, and that's the whole point of this discussion. The rules are full of little things that cheaters can try and use to back up their lies. RAI only makes this situation worse.

When the issue stops being about what the objective rules are and turns into what people's opinions are, it becomes quickly ripe for abuse.

I disagree a bit, but not completely. I think the issue with RAW comes from the people that purposefully seek out the loopholes in the written rules. On a very general basis, these people are the the d-bags.

Then again, I always err on the side of keeping the game moving and having fun, so I am clearly not a RAW guy.

Right. The issue isn't really about RAW vs RAI, it's about cheaters vs everyone else. RAW just gives cheaters less leeway than RAI because it doesn't involve making up your own rules.

Lerra
04-13-2011, 05:19 PM
MEQ = any army dominated by models that are WS4, BS4, S4, T4, 3+ armor. So loyalist marines, chaos marines, and Necrons.

wkz
04-13-2011, 08:18 PM
...Right. The issue isn't really about RAW vs RAI, it's about cheaters vs everyone else. RAW just gives cheaters less leeway than RAI because it doesn't involve making up your own rules.
What he said. There are douchbags all over the place. RAW or RAI are their weapons and/or their foil, depending on the circumstances...

Lets put out a recent example:
Ambush (Kommandos special character ability) rules say I can put a Mega-armored Warboss right behind your lines if I attach him in reserve...

"Friendly RAI"- Can you please don't do this? I can't see a MegaArmor actually running and sneaking fast enough... hmmm... never mind, lets just 4+ it?
*discusses a possibility of a houserule for the gaming group after the game*

"Friendly RAW"- What? You can do that? The rules doesn't seem to exclude this. Well played, man.
*does HOURS of research on the issue after the game*

"Douchbag RAW" - This is WRONG!! *spends 2 hours trying to prevent the Warboss joining... note they're still in the middle of the game*

"Douchbags RAI" - This is WRONG, YOU'RE WRONG and I HOPE You're happy!! *!*!@!#*
*packs up army right there... and attempts to get the storekeeper to ban the Ork player...*

Edit: By the way, about BRB, I still think the original meaning is Big Red Book.

BRB first came about because the 4th edition rulebook was called the Big Black Book (because, frankly, it IS quite black). Then the preview the 5th edition's book cover came out.

Here, a side-by-side comparison:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/wkz/warhammer_40000_4th_edition.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/wkz/warhammer_40000_5th_edition.gif

During the time when the only image of 5th edition is the image above, is it any wonder the 5th edition rulebook picked up the BRB nickname pretty much instantly?

Brass Scorpion
04-13-2011, 08:48 PM
The 4th Edition book was usually referred to as the BGB = Big Grey Book. The new one is the Big Red Book = BRB. It's that simple. Amazing, huh?

Lockark
04-13-2011, 08:59 PM
No.

RAI= Doesn't exist

RAW=RAI

I agree. Most people i know who consider them selves "RAW" players I've met are great people to play ageist, because the know the rules and follow them. They almost never argue about the rules. Because they follow the rules as there written. (Despite how non-nonsensical other players like to call them.)

"RAI" players not so much..... They get very angry and start name calling when you do something they didn't realize you can do. Because in the end of the day RAI is House Rules, and the problem is you can't come into a store for a pick up game and start using your house rules with out telling any body. You also can't get angry because not everyone wants to use your house rules.

I see so many "RAI" players who get in a rules argument EVERY-TIME they come to the FLGS. Eventually they find a group of like minded gamers who play with similar house rules, then give the rest of us the bird calling us the biggest *** holes they've ever had the displeasure of playing with.

C____C

New flash: You were the guys who didn't know how to play the damn game.

=/

wkz
04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
I agree. Most people i know who consider them selves "RAW" players I've met are great people to play ageist, because the know the rules and follow them. They almost never argue about the rules. Because they follow the rules as there written. (Despite how non-nonsensical other players like to call them.)

"RAI" players not so much..... They get very angry and start name calling when you do something they didn't realize you can do. Because in the end of the day RAI is House Rules, and the problem is you can't come into a store for a pick up game and start using your house rules with out telling any body. You also can't get angry because not everyone wants to use your house rules.

I see so many "RAI" players who get in a rules argument EVERY-TIME they come to the FLGS. Eventually they find a group of like minded gamers who play with similar house rules, then give the rest of us the bird calling us the biggest *** holes they've ever had the displeasure of playing with.

C____C

New flash: You were the guys who didn't know how to play the damn game.

=/Lockark, it goes both ways: RAW CAN be abused. Putting RAW players on a pedestal while blaming RAI for everything is simply ignoring the fact that douchery will be the underlying cause, no matter if they're fluff lovers ("RAI douches"), competitive ("Rules bending cheaters"), friendly ("Trying to force Arbitrarily Restrictive army-list players"), modelers ("stuck up colors freak"), rules knowledgeable ("rules lawyers"), campaigners ("I play pick up games, what's wrong with that?"), etc...

Lane
04-13-2011, 10:27 PM
I just follow the Jervis Principle.

DarkLink
04-13-2011, 10:55 PM
This kinda reminds me of the basic laws of human stupidity (http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~leeey/stupidity/basic.htm), except with jerks instead of stupid people. Though the article would actually call all these people stupid people, since their definition of stupid is "someone who hurts others through no personal gain".

Cheating at wargames is stupid, because you're not really gaining anything and you are hurting others. And one of the laws of stupidity states that stupidity is independent of an individual's other characteristics. Rules laywer or RAI guy, a stupid person is a stupid person.

Anyway, here are the laws, cause they're funny.

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.

2. The probability that a certain person be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.

3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.

4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake.

5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person.
The corollary of the Law is that:
A stupid person is more dangerous than a bandit (a person who hurts others for personal gain).

Gir
04-13-2011, 11:03 PM
I think I'm more of RAI kind of guy, and I play with a lot of RAI people.

But I do have a questions for the hardcore RAW crowd: what is the RAW meaning of "The most important rule"?

wkz
04-14-2011, 12:00 AM
I think I'm more of RAI kind of guy, and I play with a lot of RAI people.

But I do have a questions for the hardcore RAW crowd: what is the RAW meaning of "The most important rule"?
To speed up gameplay instead of being mired in a dispute, in order to have fun. Period. No two people see the game similarly, and quite frankly the guy opposite from you can range from anything from a pure RAI player to a pure RAW player.

You can be a douche and argue rules all day, or you can just 4+ it and move on.

But now, here's the thing: what is the RAI meaning of "The most important rule"? Be careful now, there's a lot of minefields in this one...

Edit:
My opinion: the RAI meaning is: To speed up gameplay instead of being mired in a dispute, in order to have fun. Period. No two people see the game similarly, and quite frankly the guy opposite from you can range from anything from a pure RAI player to a pure RAW player.

Yes, the RAI meaning is the same, in my case. Seriously now, a RAI player is quite capable of whining all day long about the Dreadknight's Dreadfists being Str10, just as well as a RAW player can whine all day about the DeffRolla not being part of a BattleWagon's hull... the Most Important Rule is made to counter BOTH types of players.

yrdetraxe
04-14-2011, 12:10 AM
what is the RAI meaning of "The most important rule"?
From MY Point of View it is at it says (One example of RAW and RAI beeing nearly identical), to have fun without taking the game to serious. After all, it is just a game not a fight for your life. ;-)

That RAW vs. RAI debate here reminds me of the Astral Aim Discussion....

RAW --> It doesn't specifically forbid shooting out of Vehicles while ignoring Fireports, so it is allowed.
RAI --> That makes no sense whatsoever and is overwritten by another rule so it is NOT allowed.

I think no matter if you follow RAW or RAI you should always use your (and your opponents) common sense (if existing) to solve a unclear situation (preferably in a timely manner) in a way both player agree with because there cannot be a explicit rules example for every situation which can arise during gameplay.

Then again, as said before both kinds of players can be douches. I've met them and played them exactly 2 times. The first and the last time.

wkz
04-14-2011, 12:17 AM
From MY Point of View it is at it says (One example of RAW and RAI beeing nearly identical), to have fun without taking the game to serious. After all, it is just a game not a fight for your life. ;-)

That RAW vs. RAI debate here reminds me of the Astral Aim Discussion....

RAW --> It doesn't specifically forbid shooting out of Vehicles while ignoring Fireports, so it is allowed.
RAI --> That makes no sense whatsoever and is overwritten by another rule so it is NOT allowed.

I think no matter if you follow RAW or RAI you should always use your (and your opponents) common sense (if existing) to solve a unclear situation (preferably in a timely manner) in a way both player agree with because there cannot be a explicit rules example for every situation which can arise during gameplay.

Then again, as said before both kinds of players can be douches. I've met them and played them exactly 2 times. The first and the last time.And that's the same time, correct? RAW says that's 3 times. Shall we roll a 4+ on this, its important... :D

Also: dude, quite a few RAW players will point to the fire ports description in transport vehicles rules ("...the other passengers are not allowed to fire"), and say the direct opposite of what you said up there. Astral Aim affects LOS, but if you can't shoot in the first place...

yrdetraxe
04-14-2011, 12:33 AM
And that's the same time, correct? RAW says that's 3 times. Shall we roll a 4+ on this, its important...
True! (Although, sometimes I give them a second chance to prove themselves 'worthy'.;))
Ok, lets roll a dice. On a 4+ I win, on a 1-3 you loose. :D

most RAW players will point to the fire ports description in transport vehicles rules ("...the other passengers are not allowed to fire"), and say the direct opposite of what you said up there. Astral Aim affects LOS, but if you can't shoot in the first place...

Your are quite right here.
But I think that depends on how far a player (RAW or RAI / friendly or Douchebag) can think, because just looking at the given rule without taking into account other, dependant, rules would prove my point. ;)
And that is what I meant with 'there cannot be a rules example for every arising situation'.

But as you said everyone sees the game differently, so these argument and counter-argument can go spinning in circles....

BuFFo
04-14-2011, 12:44 AM

Really? So pick one already, Dice or Die.

Unzuul the Lascivious
04-14-2011, 08:41 AM
There are further jokes to be made at the expense of Americans, but Buffo will kick my ***...Hope you're good by the way Buffo :D

wittdooley
04-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Yes, the RAI meaning is the same, in my case. Seriously now, a RAI player is quite capable of whining all day long about the Dreadknight's Dreadfists being Str10, just as well as a RAW player can whine all day about the DeffRolla not being part of a BattleWagon's hull... the Most Important Rule is made to counter BOTH types of players.

Wait... what?

The Dreadknight issue wasn't one for me; it didn't say they counted as DDCW, so they don't. Simple enough.

However, the DeffRolla is not part of the hull? Gimmeafrakkinbreak! That's a perfect instance of RAW gone bad, trumping perfectly logical RAI.

For me, RAI means "common sense dictates." Common sense would dictate that, unless otherwise stated, the DK Dreadfist would be the model's STR and that the DeffRolla that is PART OF THE WAGON's HULL is indeed PART OF THE WAGON's HULL.

Man, I'm glad I almost exclusively play while drinking, and with buddies.

gcsmith
04-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Well in ur case buffo, Dice is plural, die is singular, unless ur just plain bored and say dice anyway.

wkz
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Wait... what?

The Dreadknight issue wasn't one for me; it didn't say they counted as DDCW, so they don't. Simple enough.

However, the DeffRolla is not part of the hull? Gimmeafrakkinbreak! That's a perfect instance of RAW gone bad, trumping perfectly logical RAI.

For me, RAI means "common sense dictates." Common sense would dictate that, unless otherwise stated, the DK Dreadfist would be the model's STR and that the DeffRolla that is PART OF THE WAGON's HULL is indeed PART OF THE WAGON's HULL.

Man, I'm glad I almost exclusively play while drinking, and with buddies.I'm just picking 2 examples out of thin air.

Also: RAI means "common sense dictates." correct? Common sense says: How do you destroy a vehicle, by wiping out the actual mechanical parts, correct?

Well, guess what: a Deff Rolla is a glorified oil drum latched in front of a vehicle. What, the thing is filled with remote explodium or something thus shooting at pure metal causes the engine, wheels, transmission, suspension and a lot of other parts, all of which is no where near it, to stop or EXPLODE?? WTF are you smoking?!??

... or so the whining b'tard of a player will continue arguing. Me? I'll just roll that 4+ (plus I'm already of the "Deffrolla is part of the hull" persuasion, I only brought it up as a NEGATIVE example). You're really missing the point I was making in that sentence.

Oh, and just curious, why did you go easy on the RAI player example (notability using RAW to resolve that RAI-based DCCW issue), but then going nutts with the RAW player example (technically has the RAW player using RAI to cheese out) when you already disagree with BOTH of the rules interpretation?

I think this thread has been sufficiently derailed by wittdooley's 1st page explanation of RAI/RAW. 'tis sad, but someone close this thread?

gcsmith
04-15-2011, 02:14 AM
actually since the deff rolla is not a waepon it technically cant be destroyed but it does damage, so it makes sence its an important part of the vehicles mechanics, its an ork vehicle after all.

energongoodie
04-15-2011, 02:32 AM
Black Reach. It was always Black Reach. The moment 5th came out, posts on this very forum referred to the rule book in the boxed game as the BRB to differentiate it from the hard back book and collectors edition book.

But what ever you wanna call your rule book is your shout. :)

Skragger
04-15-2011, 08:11 AM
We's Orkses take our weapons and gubbinz very seriously!

I had the deafrolla as part of the hull thing come up recently actually. We looked at it this way:

Lascannon rolls 'wrecked' result
The lascannon hit the joint holding the rolla in place, causing it to disconnect, the 'wagon couldn't break in time and plowed into its own Rolla, killing the driver and shattering the engine.

We always say you need to see 1/3rd of the vehicle, no matter what third that is, it almost always means that something "important" is going to be visible to shoot at. Otherwise it gets hull down goodness. If the Deffrolla was the only thing visible, it'd have hull down status. This means that its still killable, just harder.
Make sense?

I know this more RAI-y, but we like it that way. Its like shooting the legs off a sentinel, or getting a torpedo in the exhaust shaft.

Brettila
05-30-2012, 11:22 PM

Wow. Speaking of 'douchebaggery'... Yes, I will freely admit that 'American English' can be quite lazy. However, at least we can pronounce words according to the OXFORD English Dictionary, like say, aluminum. It is pronounced "uh - loo - men - um", rather than the British add-an-extra-syllable version, "al - you - men - ee - um". Chill out there, Smartacus.

daboarder
05-31-2012, 01:00 AM
in a game where half the rules were written for a rules set that is no longer used you are always going to have rules worded that are not the way the rules were intended. say what you want about ward however this edition has been aot tighter in that regard.

Deadlift
05-31-2012, 01:08 AM
Wow. Speaking of 'douchebaggery'... Yes, I will freely admit that 'American English' can be quite lazy. However, at least we can pronounce words according to the OXFORD English Dictionary, like say, aluminum. It is pronounced "uh - loo - men - um", rather than the British add-an-extra-syllable version, "al - you - men - ee - um". Chill out there, Smartacus.

Could care less or couldn't care less

Tid bit or tit bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

A humorous look at the difference ways we use the english language :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 01:25 AM
However, at least we can pronounce words according to the OXFORD English Dictionary, like say, aluminum. It is pronounced "uh - loo - men - um", rather than the British add-an-extra-syllable version, "al - you - men - ee - um". Chill out there, Smartacus.

To steal a lyric from Biffy Clyro 'I pronounce it "al - oo - min - ee - um", 'cause there's an "I" next to the "U" and "M".'

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 01:58 AM
Not really the best one to choose, one where both pronunciations make sense based on the two different spellings of the word.
Aluminium (AL-ew-MIN-ee-əm) or aluminum (ə-LOO-mi-nəm)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 02:09 AM
They both mean the metallic element, just different spellings dependant on whether it is American English or British English.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 03:16 AM
It is more than that, its points in scrabble

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 03:18 AM
Extra points in scrabble make life worth living. :D

DrLove42
05-31-2012, 03:20 AM

I think everyones missing the big point here

Did you really commit threadomancy to a thread, over a year dead to talk about something that had nothing to do with the actual thread orginal purpose?

Will the new rules book still be the BRB?

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 03:23 AM
The dark and twisted arts of Threadomancy are complex and difficult to understand. Necromancy is much easier.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 03:38 AM
I always though BRB was the big rule book, but since the minirule book had identical page numbering I thought it was a little redundant.
I for one love the little rule book, it fits in my army case well and does not weigh half a tonne

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 03:42 AM
This is a good point, I always have a copy of both, 1 to leave at home and 1 to take with me out and about. :D

DrLove42
05-31-2012, 03:43 AM
Aye, i'll buy a starter set just to get the little one, then sell the minatures I don't want (there mgiht be some nice modelling stuff in there!)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 03:47 AM
I keep the miniatures to be fair, either swapsies with someone so that we have 2 lots of what we want, or keep it all and paint it.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 03:55 AM
Exactly what I'll do.
New Book 1st, then around Christmas get the box.
Apparently though I have enough enough "little men"

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 03:57 AM
Story of my life. That's why I am trying to get rid of some bits.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 04:10 AM
I still haven't painted my marines from erm Battle for Macrage

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 04:11 AM
*head slams on desk*

I'm actually painting armies now, which amuses me.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 04:15 AM
What are you working on?
I'm currently working on my orks, well not at the moment, at the moment I'm modelling traffic on the M62 after a fatality

Deadlift
05-31-2012, 04:15 AM
I always though BRB was the big rule book, but since the minirule book had identical page numbering I thought it was a little redundant.
I for one love the little rule book, it fits in my army case well and does not weigh half a tonne

I carry my big rule book everywhere just for the intimidation factor, nothing solves a rule disagreement better than calmly looking your opponent in the eye while you hold your big heavy book over his precious models ;)

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 04:18 AM
I carry my big rule book everywhere just for the intimidation factor, nothing solves a rule disagreement better than calmly looking your opponent in the eye while you hold your big heavy book over his precious models ;)
I'm sure you could be holding a bunch of daisies and look intimidating

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 04:20 AM
@Wolfshade
I'm working on my Necrons at the moment, a nice ceramic/bone colour, purple as a secondary colour.
There are also my Storm Wardens, who are pretty much an ongoing project. (as Marines should be)
What colour are your Orks?

@Deadlift
Good thing I know the rules well enough! That'd intimidate me.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 04:22 AM
Green...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 04:25 AM
My hand is buried in my face right now.

I mean Clan colour. :D

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 04:51 AM
My hand is buried in my face right now.

I mean Clan colour. :D
I knew what you meant :D but thought this was the more humours response.
They are not a particular clan but the over all scheme

Boyz - Red Shirts, black trousers (I suppose a homage to ST:TOS security peeps)
Nobz - Purple he he he
Warboss - Blue

The idea of the scheme is so that I can redily identify the different models and that it was reflecting the colour of stars from coldest (red) to hottest (blue).

That was before I had contemplated having grots, if I have them they will be bright yellow.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 04:55 AM
Hahahaha! Nice scheme.
Poor security guys...

Back in the day when I played Orks I had purple Nobz too. :D

EDIT: I also feel that I should post this
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/d0f/bcb/52a/resized/derail-meme-generator-this-thread-has-been-derailed-4d5cfd.jpg?1313629708.jpg

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 05:01 AM
It wasn't done intentionally unfortunately, I've always loved the liche purple and wanted to paint something that colour, a wife of one of my friends pointed to a Nob (not knowing its name) saying you should paint them purple, so I did. Then the penny dropped and I giggled to myself like a school girl

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 05:06 AM
Hahahahaha! Nice.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 05:12 AM
So the thread was re-surrected by and off topic post, redirected and then derailed (or maybe tangentialisied? because we can make any noun a verb)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 05:16 AM
We're British! Of course we can make any noun into a verb!

It is an interesting turn of events.

eldargal
05-31-2012, 05:35 AM
Wow, someone bumped this thread accusing someone of douchebaggery after a year, and got their facts wrong (http://www.worldwidewords.org/articles/aluminium.htm) to boot. The irony.:rolleyes:

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 05:37 AM
Don't you mean "the aluminium-y"? :cool: Hahah! Okay I'll stop... :(

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 05:48 AM
Keep going, though it might get a little Boron

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 05:55 AM
Keep going, though it might get a little Boron

BAH-DUM-TSS!

I'd better get them out before all of the good ones Argon.

Wolfshade
05-31-2012, 08:36 AM
I think this has started to Zinc

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-31-2012, 08:45 AM
I think we'd better stop this before we attract a Copper.

Denzark
05-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Duke for the love of the Gods... Draw the Mess Bolt Pistol and one round, and do the decent thing...