PDA

View Full Version : Tau FAQ updated

Lerra
04-12-2011, 04:32 PM
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1760102a_Tau_Empire_Version_1_1.pdf'

Fairly minor changes. The only significant change is that Gun Drones who do not disembark from a Devilfish are destroyed when the Devilfish is destroyed, and do not give up a kill point.

Revarien
04-12-2011, 11:23 PM
That's a fairly big change in the tourny scene for Tau players, imo... my first hand experience: my friend would have won 3 out of 3 games instead of tieing 1, losing 1, and winning 1, due to this change (at the last tourny around here).

Might also indicate that Tau aren't getting an update anytime soon... but that is pure speculation of course...

Wolfshade
04-13-2011, 03:29 AM
On the flip side, they are re-reading the codex and updating as they are play testing to get it up-to-date before they then re-write it.;)

Nungunz
04-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Hmmm, the update also made Skyrays, much, much more viable now.

gcsmith
04-13-2011, 08:45 AM
I dnt see how, still limited to 6 shots per game max with s8 ap3 not that impressive.

FTE-Charge!!!
04-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Altogether that is a pretty weak FAQ. I have been mothballing my tau in hopes of at the minimum a FAQ that would bring them up the power level. This just tweaked the current book like the current book tweaked the first codex. (I know thats the point of an FAQ, but I was excited after seeing the recent SM ones).

Besides the Killpoints thing (which doesnt matter bc I have built in my SMS) the only benefit I see are the sensor spines at ignoring dangerous terrain. More mobility options helps me run from the opponent more efficiently.

DrLove42
04-13-2011, 09:07 AM
On the flip side, they are re-reading the codex and updating as they are play testing to get it up-to-date before they then re-write it.;)

Think this is more likely to just be a plaster, holding the ever widening cracks in the codex together until the new one. Which I would expect this time next year, with a Necron and SoB release in August and February...

Lemt
04-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I do think those small changes will help Tau. Thay are already a somewhat competitive army, and now drones on Devilfish aren't a bad option.

gcsmith
04-13-2011, 10:14 AM
well as far as the GW staff told me that i know, its this year.

DrLove42
04-13-2011, 10:16 AM
They did say they were moving for a 3-4 a year release...but I don't see them fitting 3 in the next 8 months. Not with a big DE 2nd wave as well.

GK's came out too late in the year for them to fit 4 in a year. And Tau coming out this year, (probably) means another delay for SoB or Necs. And frankyl I think the Nuns and Robots deserve the love more than we do right now!

eldargal
04-13-2011, 10:29 AM
All the reliable rumourmongers still have it as Necrons-SoB-Tau. That doesn't mean it is so, but it stacks the odds against Tau this year.

LittleBird
04-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Playtesting for the Tau codex starts in about 2 months.

gcsmith
04-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Interesting Littlebird, from wat ive seen around playtesting was basically done, tho tehy could be rong.

Uncle Nutsy
04-13-2011, 07:54 PM
heheh, i was hoping to use a skyray/ion cannon hammerhead mix. and now I can.

It nerfed the ABFP though. it's one of my favourite guns.

It also gave me a gross idea for the sensor spines aswell.

Ghost of War
04-14-2011, 06:32 AM
"All the reliable rumourmongers still have it as Necrons-SoB-Tau. That doesn't mean it is so, but it stacks the odds against Tau this year." - Eldargal

I am reliable damnit! Tau in the fall damnit...

eldargal
04-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Well, all but one then.:p

gcsmith
04-14-2011, 06:46 AM
same here ghosts all ive been told is tau this year, and thats by gw staffer so i guess it could be accurate.

DrLove42
04-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Well something will be "revealed" at Gamesday. In 2009 it was that Nids were due very soon, and lots of other bits. 2010 was the DE in a big way....

Its the lack of any "incoming" articles other than the DE second wave that is somewhat unsettling... they usually pre-empt a launch by 2-3 months...and other than the aforementioned DE 2nd wave in June, we've not got anything GW

And frankly I don't want Tau right now! Give me 6 months to finish my DE and FW Eldar stuff before you dump another codex and new models on me!

gcsmith
04-14-2011, 09:19 AM
I know how u feel, I wanna get my BT stuff done, then save money for tau and brets, cus with brets coming in on FW soon, i predict a new bret army book as well :p