PDA

View Full Version : marines on bikes!

El_Davo
04-12-2011, 11:56 AM
so i'm making a bike army
i've got everything figured out execpt for my 2nd hq choice.
my options are either a chaplin on a bike

or

a libraian on a bike.

i'm torn between which one is better and/or cooler.

benifits:
chaplin
gives you reroll in cc
makes a squad fearless

librian
can add some stronger shooting attacks.
hes an awesome psyker
still pretty good in cc.

so i'm not really sure.
what do you guys think? and what weapon options would you give them?
thanks

Hive Mind
04-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Buy some magnets and make it so that you can use either depending on what you're facing?

04-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm assuming you're looking at codex marines. As such, I think the librarian is a better choice, considering you can give your squad invulnerable saves which are sorely lacking on expensive bike models. Additionally, you get access to one of the best psychic powers, null zone. The chaplain will make you more accurate in close combat, surely, but the librarian is utility to fill the gap that your bikes are missing.

This isn't even to mention the near necessity of bringing some psychic defense based on the direction of the meta where psychic powers are generally everywhere.

My vote: definitely a librarian. Research their powers and pick some that you think works out with the squad you want to attach him to. :)

FlangeNabber
04-17-2011, 05:34 AM
I'd have to agree, the Liibrarian brings more to a bike army than the Chaplain.
The only time I'd consider the chaplain is in conjunction with a comand squad but I prefer using Korsarro Kahn with his hit & run along with furious charge.
Usually I find a second HQ too inefficent on points unless your playing high points level games.