PDA

View Full Version : 40k rulebook Faq 1.2

Mikey87
04-12-2011, 02:27 AM
Q: Can a unit with the Fleet special rule assault after
disembarking from a transport that has already moved that
turn? (p75)
A: No, it cannot. The Fleet rule simply removes the
prohibition of assaulting after running.

Are wyches getting nerfed in faq 1.2, or was this rule already in use????

Edit: oh sorry i think i misread it. Because of open topped raiders the wyches with fleet can always disembark, move, run and assault and thus have an assault range of (12 + 2 + 6 + 6 + 6 =) 32 inch right?

gcsmith
04-12-2011, 02:55 AM
wyches can assault due to open topped, fleet never helped them.

wkz
04-12-2011, 03:26 AM
wyches can assault due to open topped, fleet never helped them.
What he said.

But I disagree with the bolded point: The awesome thing is: The raider can move before Wyches disembark in the movement phase, the Wyches can run afterwards in the Shooting phase, and in the Assault Phase they Wyches can charge. (due to Open-topped allowing them to charge after disembarking, and Fleet allowing them to charge after a run).

That's a potential 12" + 2" + D6" + 6" charge range...

Mikey87
04-12-2011, 03:35 AM
So they cannot make a normal move in the movement fase after they dismebark from a moved raider?

wkz
04-12-2011, 04:07 AM
So they cannot make a normal move in the movement phase after they disembark from a moved raider?
Yes, they cannot move normally.
Please re-read the Transport rules regarding this, it'll tell you all you need to know.

gcsmith
04-12-2011, 04:39 AM
wat i meant by never helping, meant it never enabled them to charge from vehicle

Mikey87
04-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Ok thank you, now it's clear. I was a bit confused. Never needed disembarking and assaulting with my Tau... :)

Quaade
04-12-2011, 10:23 AM
I just can't wait for some twerp to argue that with that "ruling" units with fleet can't assault after leaving transports, ever, opentopped or not.

What?

You all know it will happen.

Kawauso
04-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I just can't wait for some twerp to argue that with that "ruling" units with fleet can't assault after leaving transports, ever, opentopped or not.

What?

You all know it will happen.

I'm sure it has happened. That's when you point them to the rules for open-topped transports in the BRB.