PDA

View Full Version : Removing Shooting Casualties

KingJoe88
04-11-2011, 09:03 PM
When removing casualties from shooting, can you remove guys from the part of your unit closer to the unit that fired at them so other weapons in the unit are out of range?

For instance, say I have an Imperial Guard infantry squad with 8 lasguns and a plasmagun. I fire on a unit where 2 of the models are within 24 inches of my unit. If my lasguns kill 2 models, could my opponent remove the 2 models in range so that my plasmagun can't fire, because it isn't in range anymore?

Sam
04-11-2011, 09:07 PM
No, because all weapons in a unit are considered to have fired at the same time. Check range before rolling anything, then roll to hit with everything, then roll to wound with everything.

Hive Mind
04-11-2011, 09:12 PM
When removing casualties from shooting, can you remove guys from the part of your unit closer to the unit that fired at them so other weapons in the unit are out of range?

For instance, say I have an Imperial Guard infantry squad with 8 lasguns and a plasmagun. I fire on a unit where 2 of the models are within 24 inches of my unit. If my lasguns kill 2 models, could my opponent remove the 2 models in range so that my plasmagun can't fire, because it isn't in range anymore?

p18 of the Rulebook says all weapons in a unit are fired simultaneously.

KingJoe88
04-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Oh alright, thank you!

lobster-overlord
04-11-2011, 09:38 PM
you can remove models from the unit that might be closer to ANOTHER, as of yet, not fired, unit, thus reducing range, since units fire in sequence one after the other, but as per the previous, you're p'wned when dealing with all the weapons from one unit...

John M.

AngelsofDeath
04-11-2011, 09:55 PM
All shots are fired from a unit at the same time, as people have said. But you can remove models from the front or sides to prevent a charge. Kinda suxs when it happens but its part of the game.

If I think that the player will remove models from the front to avoid my charge I will just forgo shooting and just assualt them instead.

BHound1981
04-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Now, you CAN remove models from the front of the unit in order to make it more difficult for a shooting opponent to successfully assault.

This can come in handy if you are right at that 5 inch mark and are getting pelted by pistols or assault weapons. Take away those front ranks and it's possible if you lose enough that you are outside of assault range.