PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knight List #4576

Hive Mind
04-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Despite what I said to eldargal yesterday it would appear that the people I play with want a Knights army so I'm going to have to get one anyway. To that end, I've knocked this up;

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/jodiju/Screenshot-6.png

Yes, I know that's not a legal army per the FOC however we play campaign, not competitive, games so the storyline is more important than strict adherence to the rules or balance.

The list, when fielded all together, is intended to represent an entire brotherhood, plus attached librarian and purifiers, being deployed in response to a daemonic incursion.

So my question to you is, is this 'right' per the fluff or have I missed stuff/mis-interpreted stuff?

PS. There are no Dreadknights because the model is appalling and I refuse to pay money for it so please don't suggest one.

DarkLink
04-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Purifiers and Paladins aren't a part of the Brotherhoods.

Basically, there are 8 Brotherhoods, each led by a GM a Brother Captain and Brotherhood Champion Consisting of about 100 Knights. Apothecaries, Techmarines and Librarians are support personnel attached to the strike forces as appropriate.

Then, separate from the Brotherhoods, are the two orders of the Paladins and the Purifiers. To become a Paladin, the Knight goes on the big long quest to prove his worth, and if he survives then he leaves his Brotherhood and joins the ranks of the Paladins. Purifiers are promoted similarly, though based on purity of heart rather than martial prowess.

Paladins and Purifiers are then attached to strike forces as needed.

Hive Mind
04-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Purifiers and Paladins aren't a part of the Brotherhoods.

Basically, there are 8 Brotherhoods, each led by a GM a Brother Captain and Brotherhood Champion Consisting of about 100 Knights. Apothecaries, Techmarines and Librarians are support personnel attached to the strike forces as appropriate.

Then, separate from the Brotherhoods, are the two orders of the Paladins and the Purifiers. To become a Paladin, the Knight goes on the big long quest to prove his worth, and if he survives then he leaves his Brotherhood and joins the ranks of the Paladins. Purifiers are promoted similarly, though based on purity of heart rather than martial prowess.

Paladins and Purifiers are then attached to strike forces as needed.

Oh, right. I did mention the Purifiers and Librarian had been attached but forgot to mention the Grand Master and the Paladins. My bad.

The basic storyline I'm running for this as an entire army will probably revolve around one of the FW greater daemons. I might get the Bloodthirster and use the rules for Angraath, but run it as Angron since I've got quite a lot of Berzerkers or get the Lord of Change and build a Tzeentch cult around it.