PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knight Techmarine

Dominic
04-11-2011, 04:01 AM
Hiya,

Call me crazy, but I was thinking of adding a GK Techmarine into my army (x2 Razorback w/ 5 knights, 2 Psychic communion inquisitors and 4 Termi squads) with rad and blind grenades. I think he'll be quite useful in aiding the assault (with the grenades and being able to cast hammerhand if needed), as well as bringing a little additional shooting to the squad.

So, what do you think of the Grey Knight Techmarine?

Cyberscape7
04-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Hello Crazy, nice to meet you :D
It may be tempting to make tech assault unit, but there is only 1 reason I see in taking the techmarine. Conversion Beamer. You could try running a techmarine as an assault buff, but I think it would be more worthwhile to make him the tankbusting firepower type of unit.

Tynskel
04-11-2011, 05:26 AM
if ya gunna use him for CC (which isn't a bad idea), get him Rad Grenades. Maybe Psychotroke too!

Have him cast hammerhand, so the squad can cast their forceweapons.

Don't forget the vindicare--- stealth + bolstered defenses!

blackjack
04-14-2011, 02:07 PM
the problem with bolstered and vindi is that the ruin has to be in your dep zone, often that is not optimal placement for the vindie's line of fire. Some times there is no ruin at all...

WereWolf_nr
04-14-2011, 03:19 PM
the problem with bolstered and vindi is that the ruin has to be in your dep zone, often that is not optimal placement for the vindie's line of fire. Some times there is no ruin at all...

Textbook table setup has you and your opponent alternating setting up terrain pieces. You should be able to squeeze in a ruin.

Exterminatus
04-18-2011, 09:45 PM
I like the GK Techmarine idea, just not how you do, lol. i like him with the vindi combo and bolsterd defense, but instead of a conversion beamer, why not an O.S.R ? I meen they both scatter anyway why worry about distance with the beamer when the strike is constant fix'd damage. Plus u can stick him in the same ruin as the vindi for the 3+ cover save or the 2+ from the artificer armour he has to begin with. Just my 2 cents. heh.

"To the righteous we bring hope. To the tainted we bring fire."

- Castellan Garran Crowe

somerandomdude
04-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Also, the Vindicare has Infiltrate. If there is a ruin outside your deployment zone that your opponent doesn't deploy in, you can go there.

Xas
04-19-2011, 04:52 AM
Also, the Vindicare has Infiltrate. If there is a ruin outside your deployment zone that your opponent doesn't deploy in, you can go there.

but sadly not bolster it.

Tynskel
04-19-2011, 05:29 AM
yeah, but you don't have to stick him in the bolstered terrain- it just helps. But if you have no LoS, then you better put him somewhere else, otherwise you are wasting 150 points. The techmarine is still useful beyond the bolstered terrain.