PDA

View Full Version : Tau tech fluff ??

mutantpoo
09-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Has there ever been any fluff referring more to the " quick tech progression " of the Tau. I wonder if it is some tie in with the Old Ones or something.

terricon4
09-01-2009, 10:01 PM
From what I have read in xenology and some of the finer lines of old documents it contains the elder are responsible for the tau ethereals. This in turn makes a very well structured civilization that follows the pheromones of ethereals. So this species can now develop without all our problems like, "computers will kill us" and "lets stop funding space, we need the money down here". The Tau are very balanced and all follow the same idea. Humans just bumble around and argue over things that many don't even understand. If you cant find Xenology then try torrenting it, only copy I could find, but it is a very good book with some good back story and a plot I wont spoil.

Drew da Destroya
09-01-2009, 10:49 PM
In addition to what Terricon states above, there's the disappearance of the Fire Hawks space marine chapter to consider. I think one of the Tau Spheres of Expansion found the wreckage of some ships, containing advanced technology, which probably helped speed up their tech development. Nothing provides a scientific boost quite like reverse engineering!

terricon4
09-01-2009, 11:28 PM
True, after all the kroot have many crashed ships that are now relics and they are in the same systems more or less.
Tau also have many species like Vespids to share tech with, this helps even further.

Emperorsmercy
09-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Tau do very well because they are united, if humans were united, after one goal, with every single one of us, we'd be halfway across the yniverse by next tuesday :)

mutantpoo
09-02-2009, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the answers.
Doh, Xenology. Forgot about that one :o

mutantpoo
09-03-2009, 05:22 AM
That Xenology IS a good book !! Nice to see an Eldar's guts.

Psychosplodge
09-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Tau do very well because they are united, if humans were united, after one goal, with every single one of us, we'd be halfway across the yniverse by next tuesday :)
Idk, I think we need war and discord to drive technological progression, we'd stagnante if we weren't constantly trying to outdo each other.(check alaistair reynolds century rain for a novel based on this idea...)

Andrew283
09-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I agree phycosplodge. Competition is the basic foundation of our society and without it we would resemble a virus breeding lol