PDA

View Full Version : Goblin Forest Spider Army viable at 1500pts?

ArtfulUnderachiever
04-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Hello,

New to the board. And coming back to Fantasy from err 6th edition... And now wanted to start a fun army while still having some bite. SO I looked into these guys After seeing something like it on utube. Never really had Orc & Goblins before (was hardcore Undead. then vampires came and i disliked them :( )

Anyways heres the list.

Bitza - Gobbo War boss

Orge Blade
The Other Trickster Shard
Gamblers Armour
Pot of toughness
Pot of Speed
Shield
Gigantic Spider ( Ittiza)

Snagla Grobspit

Mumbo - Gobbo Shaman

lv 2
giant wolf (spider model!)
Ruby Ring of Ruin
Dispel scroll

3 units of 10 spider riders
full commands
bows

Da Fang Fliggas

5 Spear Chukkas

Pin'Coo'Shan

Arachanrok

Creeper Launcher

Idea was to play a keep away army with spiders using bows to wear them down. Snagga would pull down the enemy Artillery. And the Ring of ruin was to deal with enemy flankers/flyers. Arachanrok is basically an expensive soak but if i hold it back till snagga arrives he's my wall for charges. Bitza is basically meant to be a challenge assassin with double pots making him quite good - well for 1 turn. With the other shard playing key there to make the hit stick. might drop shield for ad weapon as hes got a 2 up save and the extra attack might be nice.

Anyway am looking for feed back before i start buying this from some seasoned greenskin players.

cons really are lack of meatshields i know but i reckon i can avoid most direct charges.

Albavar
06-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Double potions is not allowed. You can only have one item from each category now.

Not sure archery packs enough punch to weaken the large troop blocks prevalent in 8E, especially since there are no Victory Points awarded until a unit is off the board, either dead or fled.

You might want to run a few games with proxies to see how it works out.