PDA

View Full Version : Drop bombs

Lucian Kain
04-08-2011, 11:12 PM
DROP BOMBS 2500
Funny thing is this might even work!? it would be heaps'a fun anyway! so random,every oposition unit is minus 1 Toughness, everyone gets a 3+ cover save,+1.Attack,auto fireup forceweapons+just add HammerHand and everyone has a 2+,and reroll 1's to wound or Counter Attack and are Troops...LOL!and even a StormRaven to sit in reserve and capture late game or snipe AV.The skulls stop infiltration(helping crowd deployment) and help scatter?..Just wanted to see what might work with Mass Orbital Bombardment.If ever the opponent was silly enough to "castle up" and deploy tight it would be hilarious! and clearing a terrain feature has never been easyer takeing all the fire power and pooring it onto one target.(say the enemy home objective,very annoying).Incomming!..Total shellshock

GrandMaster.Nem.Weapon,Blind+Rad Grenades,MasterCrafted Orbital Relay 250
5xTerminators.Psycannon,B.Banner 245

GrandMaster.Nem.Weapon,Blind+Rad.Grenades,MasterCr afted Orbital Relay. 250

1xTechPriest.(ServoHarness,Fists/Repair)BolsterDefences,MasterCrafted Orbital Relay
3x ServoSkulls,Rad Grenades 175

1xTechPriest.(ServoHarness,Fists/Repair)BolsterDefences,MasterCrafted Orbital Relay

StormRaven.HurricaneBolters,Teliport homer,(TL/MM,TL/LC,Psykout.rockets)............................... .............................................2500. .....

....Could take out 5 ServoSkulls and MasterCraft The Psycannons on Justicars.That would leave 4 Skulls.
....Could use Karamazov and his ability to:Target friendly unit and not scatter with his Orbital Strike Relay in conjunction with a NemesisDreadKnight and BarrageBomb(D3,S6,Ap4) against(T6,2+5++)

Its not a serious list unless ServoSkulls work with OSR
The list is from memory so I could have misscalculated the BrotherhoodBanners cost

Mr.Pickelz
04-09-2011, 10:08 AM
so when you MC the Relay on GM's do you reroll scatter or wounds?

jorz192
04-09-2011, 04:34 PM
My copy of the codex hasn't arrived yet, but I have read on other threads that psycannons for GM are expensive in terms of points.

Would it be better to have some daemon hammers or other upgrade CC weapons?

Xas
04-09-2011, 04:46 PM
so when you MC the Relay on GM's do you reroll scatter or wounds?

scatter

rerolling wounds is on MC flame-template weapons

Lucian Kain
04-09-2011, 05:56 PM
My copy of the codex hasn't arrived yet, but I have read on other threads that psycannons for GM are expensive in terms of points.

Would it be better to have some daemon hammers or other upgrade CC weapons?

Yes the Psycannon is expensive on the GM you can buy 4 of them across two 10 man StrikeSquads for the price the GrandMaster has to pay and then some.

The Nemesis Sword is the best option for the GM because it grants a Free 3++ In Close Combat and Nemesis:Hammers,Swords and Helbreds are Free on terminators so any mix you like.

w7west
04-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Orbital bombs always made for fun games in the past. Even though I am always on the receiving end of these bombardments, it sometimes seems as though there really is someone guiding these things into impossibly perfect hits.

Always nice to see 3 raiders nowhere near the terrain in question getting smashed by a single bombardment. In fact this happened every game. Soon I began to realize that I was actually safer camping right on the bombardment target. Apparently the emperor likes to show off his mad aim skillz but loses interest when the target gives itself up easily.