HEAVY
Trygon 200pts
Trygon 200pts
Mawloc 170 Pts

TOTAL 1500

Any Advice?

Lemt
04-08-2011, 04:00 AM
I've never seen Tervigon Spam work well, since killing them will result in tons of Termagaunts dying.
IMHO I'd change the Trygons into more Mawlocs. Sure, they are worse in CC, but you want to get them into your opponent's face to draw fire away from the Tervigons. With the extra points you save, you can get a Venomthrope to give cover to your forces, or another Hive Guard.

Other than that, if the list works for you, go for it!

Brandonjames416
04-08-2011, 07:47 AM
thanks, honestly ive ran tervigon spam after last summers ard boys. every tornament ive been in ive placed in the top 3 every time. it seems like my oppenents are always playng for a draw at best on objective based games. killpioints is where it gets tricky, but those trygons pack a punch

blackarmchair
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Tervigon spam does work, I recommend taking 2 and wouldn't go above 3 Tervigons. Tervigons are not assault MCs they are pure support. They make gaunts, they give out FnP, have extended synapse range and can REALLY fix the short range issue on your hive guard by giving them onslaught.

The nidzilla days are over. Assault-oriented MCs are viable but you'll really struggle building an army around them. When you consider that your average Space Wolf player is packing 12-15 rockets, at least one Living Lightning, several lascannons and hordes of meltaguns it becomes fairly clear just how often your creatures will survive to see close combat.

Deep-Striking Trygons are the perfect example of this issue, In our gaming group we call them "Try Gones" (because first they try...and then they're gone). With Tyranids your focus should be to build a highly synergistic army with no definable weakness (strong shooting, strong counter-assault, good objective holders, high mobility) NOT on forcing some disgusting hammer unit down your opponent's throat.

This worked in 4th edition but those days are gone...

Brandonjames416
04-08-2011, 12:56 PM
i agree, my plan with this list is to run the trygons as fast as possible to enemy lines, the tervigons will get cover behind the trygons and will attempt to hold any objectives while purely providing support with FnP to the trygons, the mawloc starts on the board then burrows to distract my opponent and hopefully absorbs a good amount of shooting. the hive gaurd will try to bust as many tanks as they can.