PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 Points GREY KNIGHTS

NehemiahD
04-07-2011, 06:27 PM
So I built this army around the inquisition, but I tried to make it semi-competitive. In the right hands I think this will do well. Tell me your thoughts on this, I'm trying to get your opinion so I can keep refining this list to be the best it can be.

1997 Points
HQ
Inquisitor Corteaz 100
Grand Master Mordrak 200
Ghost Knights x4: Force Swords, Storm Bolters 160
ELITES
Techmarine: Orbital Strike Relay 140
Techmarine: Orbital Strike Relay 140
Vindicare Assasin 145
TROOPS
Henchman Warband: Assassin x6, Crusaders x2, Warriors x2, Flagellants x2. 158
Chimera: Multi-Laser, Heavy Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile. 65
Henchman Warband: Psyker x8, 80
Henchman Warband: Servitors x6 w/ Plasma Cannon x3, Jakearo Weaponsmith x2 160
Henchman Warband: Warriors x10 w/ Meltagun x3 Deamonhosts x2 100
Henchman Warband: Jakearo Weaponsmith x2, Warriors x6 94
HEAVY
Dreadnaught: Auto cannon, Missile Launcher, Psybolt Ammo. 135

DarkLink
04-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Why the missile launchers on the Dreads? They don't benefit from psybolt ammo, and 2 TL str 8 shots is much better than 1 str 8 shot, even if the latter is AP 3.

NehemiahD
04-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Well, the answer to your question is that the AP3 makes the dread more versatile. Its the same points, and chances are someone out there will have some marines out in the open and no vehicles, so I think it just makes it much more flexible. Their isn't really a downside.

jorz192
04-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Well, the answer to your question is that the AP3 makes the dread more versatile. Its the same points, and chances are someone out there will have some marines out in the open and no vehicles, so I think it just makes it much more flexible. Their isn't really a downside.

No even if it's marines out in the open you are probably better off with the second twin-linked auto cannon.

The downside of the missile launcher is that it's one shot, and not twin-linked. The benefits of the auto cannon out weigh those of the missile launcher. And really the missile launcher is less flexible.