PDA

View Full Version : Crucible of Malediction + Grey Knight = ???

w7west
04-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Ok now that you set up your army I am going to need you to pass ld check on every single model including your vehicles or they go poof.

btw it was 20 pts :D

Sonikgav
04-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I dont get it?

I havent checked how that works.

Gir
04-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Ok now that you set up your army I am going to need you to pass ld check on every single model including your vehicles or they go poof.

btw it was 20 pts :D

Actually, you only need to pass a single psychic test for a squad (with brotherhood of psykers) or the whole squad goes poof.

Sonikgav
04-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Im guessing its an item that screws over Psykers?

BuFFo
04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Im guessing its an item that screws over Psykers?

Yes, but the OP has it wrong.

The CoM will not kill an entire GK Squad. They only make one leadership test and only a single model dies.

Now as for the vehicle... yeah... That is gonna suck :P

Sonikgav
04-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Is it a leadership test or a Test made by a Psyker because it does give the vehicles in the GK book a LD value when it comes to them being Psykers.

DarkLink
04-07-2011, 07:44 PM
The psyker must take a leadership test or die, I believe.

Actually, you only need to pass a single psychic test for a squad (with brotherhood of psykers) or the whole squad goes poof.

No, only a single model dies. It explicitly states thatin the BoP rules.

memnarch_129
04-07-2011, 08:11 PM
The CoM specifically says that all psykers within 3D6 inches must take a Ld Test or be removed from play. With Brotherhood of Psykers the squad takes a single Ld Test and if they fail the Justicar is removed. Now GK vehicles specifically say that they are psykers with Ld10 for the purpose of Psychic Tests and Psychic Hoods. Technically the test from CoM is not a Psychic Test but a simple Ld test. If this is correct then the CoM will have no affect on GK vehicles.

Now even if the CoM affects GK vehicles it still has to roll for the distance affected. I would laugh at someone who specifically brought the CoM to poof GK vehicles and rolls trip 1s for the distance.

plawolf
04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Even more reason why every single GK lists should have a Vindicare. Personally, my guys never leave Titan without one.

Mr Black has a special round for the CoM carrier that will make him/her go 'poof' first. ;)

Xas
04-08-2011, 10:17 AM
and then you roll 2" for range aftere xposing your unit within the hearth of the GK army...

your stupidity... btw it was free! :D

blackarmchair
04-08-2011, 12:00 PM
The CoM specifically says that all psykers within 3D6 inches must take a Ld Test or be removed from play. With Brotherhood of Psykers the squad takes a single Ld Test and if they fail the Justicar is removed. Now GK vehicles specifically say that they are psykers with Ld10 for the purpose of Psychic Tests and Psychic Hoods. Technically the test from CoM is not a Psychic Test but a simple Ld test. If this is correct then the CoM will have no affect on GK vehicles.

Now even if the CoM affects GK vehicles it still has to roll for the distance affected. I would laugh at someone who specifically brought the CoM to poof GK vehicles and rolls trip 1s for the distance.

Just checked the relevant codexes. I would seem that vehicles ARE affected (RAW) which is kinda funky but also kinda fun at the same time...

w7west
04-08-2011, 11:08 PM
and then you roll 2" for range aftere xposing your unit within the hearth of the GK army...

your stupidity... btw it was free! :D

Dear god I did not realize I would lose my haemoculus, the cornerstone upon which my entire army shall collapse.

jk hes cheap as hell and a huge problem if he goes off.