PDA

View Full Version : Well met, all!

LordGrise
04-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Well met! I am a (sort of) new player of this game; I am currently finishing assembly on an army of Tau. My army has been reclaimed from (literally) wreckage, and much of it is anything but pretty. I have had to develop my conversion and sculpting skills, and thus have a keen interest in Apocalypse - style games, not because of sky-high point limits, but because a few of my pieces were incomplete, and I cobbled them together with what I had.

I also love the stories of the game, the fluff and backgrounds. As an explanation for why my army looks as it does, (a lot of my stuff has been thru model hell), my army is from N'dras, a second-generation colony that the Ethereals ordered evacuated and abandoned. Even the Commanders of my army have no idea why N'Dras was abandoned - or why the Ethereals have abandoned them. Therefore, this fragment of Uash'o (Fire Caste Command) N'Dras has escaped to the Farsight Enclave of the Damocles Gulf. There, if you can afford them, (and if you can find them) maybe you can hire - oh, sorry, wrong show! My army has aligned itself with Commander Farsight. The Damocles Colonies represent their only hope to serve, if not the Greater Good entire, at least a fragment thereof...

I'd love to hear from any other Tau players and particularly from skilled painters and convertors. I got a lot of stuff that was wrecked before I could get it back, and I could use some inputs...

Whoop!
04-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Welcome!

I have found searching the forums helpful in both modeling and tactics. I haven't played Tau, but I love their ascethetic. Good luck and good hunting!

JxKxR
04-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Welcome fellow Tau player it's good to have you and on the right side (Farsight's side). Go to the Modeling and Painting section of the lounge and post some pics so we can start helping!

Emerald Rose Widow
04-07-2011, 11:53 AM
I cant wait to see your models, sounds like a really neat idea.