PDA

View Full Version : Questions: 2011 Team Tournament

mathhammer
04-06-2011, 05:02 PM
1. Is it Demonhunters or Grey Knights codex?

2. Do powers work across armies?
Shield of Sanguinius effect Thunder wolves?
Sanguinary Priest feel no pain effect a sisters of battle squad?

3. joining squads?
Can a Sanguinary Priest deploy in a rhino with a sister of battle squad?

4. Is it 2 full rosters?
So as a Tyranid example take 3 elites in one roster and 3 elites in the second roster giving the combined army 18 zoanthropes?

Jwolf
04-07-2011, 09:37 AM
1. Is it Demonhunters or Grey Knights codex?

2. Do powers work across armies?
Shield of Sanguinius effect Thunder wolves?
Sanguinary Priest feel no pain effect a sisters of battle squad?

3. joining squads?
Can a Sanguinary Priest deploy in a rhino with a sister of battle squad?

4. Is it 2 full rosters?
So as a Tyranid example take 3 elites in one roster and 3 elites in the second roster giving the combined army 18 zoanthropes?

1. Grey Knights. Daemonhunters are no more.

2. Any power that affects friendly models in an area work on all friendly models in the area. A power that affects a specific Codex only affects that Codex.

3. Generally no. But since you can have Sisters of Battle in a Blood Angels army, the answer in this specific example is yes.

4. Yes, though 18 Zoanthropes might make it hard to find points for everything else.

mathhammer
04-07-2011, 07:12 PM
The download here http://www.box.net/shared/a1d8o3cxys
still list demonhunters btw.

My teamates want to triple check one point. We have Vulcan and his ride is currently in the other half of the list with some BTs. I guess I don't quite understand the limits to who can get in what vehicle.

Given : A rhino with 5 grey knights, blood angles, etc.

Can Vulcan deploy in the rhino with that squad like their IC could?

Is it considered 2 separate 1000pt armies until after deployment?

After deployment can Vulkan embark and join the squad in the rhino?

If Vulkan deploys within 2" of a squad from the other list when is he considered to have joined that squad. ergo when would the two armies stop being separate forces? (Deployment, At start of the players turn)

Sorry for all the pointed questions just trying to fully understand the situation,

Lord Castellan
04-07-2011, 10:28 PM
What a tic Jwolf, its two seperate Force Orgs, so if its a Tyranid Player and a Chaos Player, the Tyranids can only use 3 Elite slots = 9 Zoanthropes, yes?

However two allied Nids armies can ally and thus each take three squads of Zopes, equalling 18 Zoanthropes just 9 controlled by each player.

Am I correct?

From what you just said, I can take the 3 elites in my slots AND the 3 elites slots in my partner's FOC chart. Totalling 6 Elites for just my army. That doesent make sense.

Javin
04-08-2011, 05:43 AM
You read that correctly. All Jwolf said was if you did that, you would need points for everything else.

Jwolf
04-09-2011, 10:57 AM
The download here http://www.box.net/shared/a1d8o3cxys
still list demonhunters btw.

My teamates want to triple check one point. We have Vulcan and his ride is currently in the other half of the list with some BTs. I guess I don't quite understand the limits to who can get in what vehicle.

Given : A rhino with 5 grey knights, blood angles, etc.

Can Vulcan deploy in the rhino with that squad like their IC could?

Is it considered 2 separate 1000pt armies until after deployment?

After deployment can Vulkan embark and join the squad in the rhino?

If Vulkan deploys within 2" of a squad from the other list when is he considered to have joined that squad. ergo when would the two armies stop being separate forces? (Deployment, At start of the players turn)

Sorry for all the pointed questions just trying to fully understand the situation,

Vulcan cannot join a squad of BTs, as they cannot be part of the same list.

There are 2 seperate 1000pt armies on the field (unless they are the same Codex).

Vulkan can ride in the Rhino, but not joined to a squad of BTs.

If an IC is within 2" of a squad that he cannot join as part of his Codex, he does not join them. While this restricts squads it makes little sense to restrict (I can certainly imagine Vulkan with a squad of Black Templars, it also adds some needed restrictions (Lilrith in a Blood Angels Command Squad, for example).

Lord Castellan
04-09-2011, 11:25 PM

There are 2 seperate 1000pt armies on the field (unless they are the same Codex).

Vulkan can ride in the Rhino, but not joined to a squad of BTs.

If an IC is within 2" of a squad that he cannot join as part of his Codex, he does not join them. While this restricts squads it makes little sense to restrict (I can certainly imagine Vulkan with a squad of Black Templars, it also adds some needed restrictions (Lilrith in a Blood Angels Command Squad, for example).

Ok good. For a minute there you had me thinking the following list was ok:

HQ
Space Marine Commander
Space Marine Chaplain
Space Marine Librarian

Elites
6 Squads of Tyranid Zoanthropes

For example, with the SMs filling the Nid's HQ slots and the Nids filling the SM's Elites. Which is how mathhammer phrased it, but which is not the way it works.

Good good.

mathhammer
04-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Ok good. For a minute there you had me thinking the following list was ok:
For example, with the SMs filling the Nid's HQ slots and the Nids filling the SM's Elites. Which is how mathhammer phrased it, but which is not the way it works.

You misread my post. I gave different examples per question to highlight the point I was trying to get answered. If I asked about 6 dreadnoughts the secondary questions of are they all elite etc. Ask about 18 Zoanthropes and everyone knows it is 6 elite choices.

Btw

Thanks Jwolf, see you again this year.

Honda
04-21-2011, 06:34 PM
I have an IA8 Elysian army that I was planning on bringing for one of the narrative tracks. Would I be allowed to field an IA8 list for the team event?

Cheers,

Jwolf
04-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Honda -

Sorry, Codex lists only for teams. Other than the buggies you can make a playable (and cool) list within the Codex from an IA8 list, though.

Wildeyedjester
04-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Can space marine scouts ride in valkyries? (land speeder storm)

Does astropath give +1 to partners reserve rolls? (friendly units)

Honda
04-25-2011, 06:58 PM
@Jwolf: Ok, no worries. I suspected as much, but as Wayne Gretsky always said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take".

Cheers,

Jwolf
04-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Can space marine scouts ride in valkyries? (land speeder storm)

Space Marines cannot ride in Valkyries. Storms and Valkyries are not similar vehicles.

Does astropath give +1 to partners reserve rolls? (friendly units)

No, the astropath says "your reserve rolls," not friendly reserve rolls. Your = the IG player.

Jwolf
04-25-2011, 11:02 PM
@Jwolf: Ok, no worries. I suspected as much, but as Wayne Gretsky always said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take".

Cheers,

And better you shoot and miss now, instead of on game day!

Honda
05-04-2011, 06:11 PM
This is a question on allowable models.

If I have a resin model representing a chimera, that was scratch built, then cast, would I be allowed to use that model in the Team tournament?

Or...would I have to use a regular GW Chimera model?

I can go either way without much hassle, the scratch built version just looks more "Elysian-ey" if I may be so bold with the English language. :p

Thanx in advance!

Cheers,

Galadren
05-12-2011, 03:50 PM

No re-doing my team list from last year. Nuts.

Jwolf
05-17-2011, 09:16 AM
This is a question on allowable models.

If I have a resin model representing a chimera, that was scratch built, then cast, would I be allowed to use that model in the Team tournament?

Or...would I have to use a regular GW Chimera model?

I can go either way without much hassle, the scratch built version just looks more "Elysian-ey" if I may be so bold with the English language. :p

Thanx in advance!

Cheers,

Sounds fine to me, Honda.

Sweet E
05-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Couple of items I'm still a little confused on:

Can I cast a psychic power on a friendly unit? For example, can a GK librarian cast Might of Titan on a unit of Genestealers?

On transport vehicles, the vehicle has to be in both armies codexes. For example, the GK Crusaders could get into an IG Chimera, but could not get into the IG Valkyrie?

I'm really looking forward to playing in the team tournament, but don't want to wind up with a list that won't function.

Jwolf
05-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Couple of items I'm still a little confused on:

Can I cast a psychic power on a friendly unit? For example, can a GK librarian cast Might of Titan on a unit of Genestealers?

On transport vehicles, the vehicle has to be in both armies codexes. For example, the GK Crusaders could get into an IG Chimera, but could not get into the IG Valkyrie?

I'm really looking forward to playing in the team tournament, but don't want to wind up with a list that won't function.

Any power that affects "friendly units" can affect your teammate, so yes, you can give Genestealers (Or Bloodcrushers!) Might of Titan.

GK cannot get into IG Valkyries, nor could IG get into Stormravens.

Druff
06-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Don't see a due date anywhere for lists. Is there one?