PDA

View Full Version : 3K Regular Play & 4K Planet Strike Necron List

jspyd3rx
09-01-2009, 04:40 PM
3K list for regular play

80 Troops
= 6 Units, 4w/ 13 models & 2w/ 14 models=(1440 points)

1 HQ
= Lord (205 points)
Chronometron, Destroyer body, Gaze of Flame, Rez Orb & Warscythe

7 Elites
= Immortals=(196 points)

2 Fast Attack Units
= 6x wraiths (246 points)

1 Fast Attack Unit
= 5x Destroyers (250 points)

2 Heavy Units
= 2x Monoliths (470 points)

1 Heavy Unit
= 3x heavy Destroyers (195 points)

Total=3002 P.O. 26

Planet Strike
I can add 1000 points

1x Nightbringer
W/ 5x Pariahs

29x Scarabs w/ disruption fields
(I really want to see that many scarabs swarming the front lines)

Tell me what ya think. I have yet to have my Phase Out cherry popped. I am new and only played 4 games so far (2 wins & 2 losses). I have all these models already. Here's to hoping I don't have to buy more.

I also plan on fighting alot of SM in my club. I will never fight Tyranids again; seeing as between my WBB rolls and his Without Number made the game last nine hours.

Alzer
09-02-2009, 12:03 AM
This list seems awful familiar for some reason. :p

Alright take all this with a grain of salt, since I don't play large games and this is mostly theory with application from small games.

In 3K you can really afford to have another lord. Just a Res-orb totting foot lord would do it I think, or maybe strap on gaze of flame with that.

If you want your Destroyer Lord to run around with wraiths, which I feel is a good place for him, Res orb, Phase shifter and Destroyer body and warscythe would be a good call. Called a Wraithlord in some parts.

At the end of the day, half your Necron warrior squads are going to get swept by enemy charges, to this end having them in squads of 10, while lowering your phase out, will also help you as you lose less warriors from each sweep that way. For makeup Necrons and firepower look into immortals.

In 4k, 5 pariahs are doing to die in a heartbeat. Just a thought.