PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knights 2k for Kill points tournament

volrath8754
04-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Hey guys and gals I am building a grey knight army and the local tournament next month happens to be based on kill points or victory points or some variation of the two for all three games (NO OBJECTIVES!!!). So I'm pretty excited to give the knights a try so here is my list keep in mind it is specifically for a kill points / victory points tournament.

HQ:

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor: 65 Pts.
With Rad and Psycatrok grenades, and plasma siphon

Librarian: 190 Pts.
With 3x servo skulls and quicksilver, might of titan, sanctuary, shrouding, and the summoning

Troops

Grey Knight Terminators : 480 Pts.
1x Brotherhood Banner, 2x Psycannon, master crafted Nemesis Daemon Hammer, 8x halberds.

Grey Knight Terminators : 480 Pts.
1x Brotherhood Banner, 2x Psycannon, master crafted Nemesis Daemon Hammer, 8x halberds.

Elite

Paladin Squad: 665 Pts.
1. Storm Bolter, Nemesis force halberd
2. Storm Bolter, Nemesis force Daemon Hammer
3. Storm Bolter, Nemesis force falchions
4. Storm Bolter, Nemesis force sword
5. Storm Bolter, Nemesis force halberd
6. Storm Bolter, Brotherhood Banner
7. Psycannon, Nemesis force halberd
8. Psycannon, Nemesis force Daemon Hammer
9. Psycannon, Nemesis force falchions
10. Psycannon, Nemesis force sword

Tech Marine: 120 Pts.
With psycatroke, rad and blind grenades.

2000 Pts. on the head.

Ok so the idea is that I have 6 kill points in a 2K game and basically every thing I have will have a 2+ armor and 3+ or 2+ cover (from shrouding and reinforced terrain piece with Tech Marine) Hopefully I run into chimera or rhino spam because my psycannons will rip them apart and once I get 6 Kill Points the opponent will have to table me to win... In dawn of war the Librarian and 2 terminator squads sit in the mid field and the rest walks on in the beginning of the movement phase turn one only to be teleported mid field by librarian for more turn one psycannon carnage. If I'm not going first and they have nothing initiative 6+ I'll try use the terminators as a shield wall for the paladins.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

plawolf
04-06-2011, 06:26 AM
If its kill points only, I would def try and find the points for Justicar Thawn.

DarkLink
04-06-2011, 11:59 AM
The real flaw with the list is your lack of long range shooting. Within 24" you've got some good firepower, but you can't hurt anyone outside of that.

Mobility is a bit of an issue, too, but not as big of one as for most foot armies. 10 Terminators can pretty much just march on ahead without having to worry about what's in their path, and most speedbump units will only help you gain some extra distance because you'll slaughter them in combat and consolidate closer to the enemy. You just have to be careful about where you move.

volrath8754
04-06-2011, 02:23 PM
If its kill points only, I would def try and find the points for Justicar Thawn.

I think when the other 9 are dead they give a kill point and thawn only gives an additional if he is dead at the end of the game. Basically I think he's good for objectives.

And I am a bit worried about the long range issue I was thinking about dropping the tech marine for a vindicare.

DarkLink
04-06-2011, 08:26 PM
No, they don't give a killpoint at all while Thawn is still alive. Thawn is not a separate kill point. He's just the squad's justicar, he's not a separate unit. If Thawn comes back and is alive and the game ends, no killpoints for your opponent there.