PDA

View Full Version : GW Metal Blisters and Boxes

TheBitzBarn
04-05-2011, 10:28 AM
There is differently something in the works and I am not sure that it is a change to resin. I was told by a trade representative in the US NOT to order blisters or Boxes unless I had a specific demand and they were making a significant change in the product and did not want the trade account to be sitting on OOP merchandise.

He could not explain beyond that at all and I get the sense he did not know anymore than that.

He felt the same as I do that Resin poses environmental issues and I hope the PVC Crap PP uses is not the route they follow that stuff is PURE DUNG.

Well we will have to wait and see he stated this would change in coming months

Talk amongst yourselves

Docmani
04-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Strange stuff.

They've pulled a great deal of metal off the shelves at the local GW. I was looking for a Terminator Librarian and I was told they weren't restocking. The same appears to apply to a bunch of the Necron and Tau metal blisters.

Something is definately up.

Brass Scorpion
04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Already being discussed here:
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=130080

And yes, someone I know who owns an independent store told me he got that advice from GW yesterday.

TheBitzBarn
04-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Already being discussed here:
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=130080

And yes, someone I know who owns an independent store told me he got that advice from GW yesterday.

I am not sure they are correct so we have a different Thread

is that a problem?

No reason so put such a rude sounding reply

Lockark
04-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Erm... Still means you have two topics essentially about the same thing.

I also don't see how Brass Scorpion's Post was rude.
O.o

Brass Scorpion
04-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Erm... Still means you have two topics essentially about the same thing. I also don't see how Brass Scorpion's Post was rude. O.oThanks. Yeah, most forums instantly shut down duplicate threads and users generally point them out till that happens to avoid having disconnected parallel discussions. As for the other thing about rudeness stated by another user, I'll refrain from commenting on that for fear of actually being rude this time. :mad:

eldargal
04-05-2011, 05:49 PM
The other thread is about a specific set of rumours relating to a switch to resin, this one is about other mysterious happenings going on in regards to metal blisters. Someone on Warseer mentioned it was some kind of repackaging. I see no reason why this thread shouldn't be here, it depends whether you think there should be threads about specific rumours or a 'whats happening to blisters and metal boxes?' thread.

TheBitzBarn
04-05-2011, 06:34 PM
The other thread is about a specific set of rumours relating to a switch to resin, this one is about other mysterious happenings going on in regards to metal blisters. Someone on Warseer mentioned it was some kind of repackaging. I see no reason why this thread shouldn't be here, it depends whether you think there should be threads about specific rumours or a 'whats happening to blisters and metal boxes?' thread.

Thank you it is nice to see that some sees hows these are not necessarily the same topic. The trade Rep had no answer and switch to resin caught him off guard. I am not saying they are switching just pointing out a weird fact about the metal and they are telling people do not Order them as they could be sitting on them. and that IS Weird

I have no idea if this is a switch or a change in packaging.

Mr.Pickelz
04-05-2011, 11:41 PM
So far I'm hearing/seeing only 40k affected by this repackaging issue, is Fantasy or Lotr getting similar treatment?

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
04-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Hey people, lets spread the love... Not argue about something silly D: (literally argue about the worth of a thread, both of the people involved have a point, so lets just keep the thread :L). Why would they only change 40k though... Hmm intresting :L

Lockark
04-06-2011, 01:22 AM

Sept you know.

This information has already been mentioned and has been discussed in the other topic. It's still awfully redundant any way you slice it.

=/

The post just before mine kinda proves my point. There really isn't that much eals to say about the topic that hasn't already been said.

But if you think it's worth it's own topic go head. It's not my place to say if this should be a separate topic. That's the job of our mods after all. I'm only questioning it, and pointing out the redundancy.

TheBitzBarn
04-06-2011, 08:14 AM
So far I'm hearing/seeing only 40k affected by this repackaging issue, is Fantasy or Lotr getting similar treatment?

This applied to all blisters and metal boxes so fantasy and tha other game no one plays is also effected by this we were told not to order any metal unless we had an immediate demand for it but DO NOT STOCK it

Lane
04-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Call me cynical but I doubt the "we dont want you sitting on old stock" is for the independent retailers benefit.

AFAIK Gw does have a policy where retailers can return current release minis for credit. If metals are OOP then no metals can be returned and the store sits on them. However making an entire line OOP and not taking returns would piss off a lot of retailers.

By stores voluntarily reducing their stock it allows GW to push for bigger orders once the new minis/ packaging comes out, boosting sales and justifying the change. GW has also been known to bully stores into ordering product they do not need. I know one owner who (many years ago) was threatened if they did not stock XX amount of a new product that GW would cancel their account, which would force the store to buy from a distributor at higher price.

Reducing the number of present release minis on the shelves also forces people to accept the new ones.
If the new release is crap and people find they prefer the old ones they will seek out places that have the old minis. However if stores have no stock of the old versions of popular minis then people have no choice but to buy the new version. Thus boosting sales of the new release.

Thus the "it's for your own good" line is probably just a way to boost sales and someone keeping their job.
"Look how well the new minis are selling, a 20% increase in sales and it cut production cost, can I get my bonus now?"

So, any guesses on a price hike? I figure it's about time for another 10-15% kick in the nuts.

Connjurus
04-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Call me cynical but I doubt the "we dont want you sitting on old stock" is for the independent retailers benefit.

AFAIK Gw does have a policy where retailers can return current release minis for credit. If metals are OOP then no metals can be returned and the store sits on them. However making an entire line OOP and not taking returns would piss off a lot of retailers.

By stores voluntarily reducing their stock it allows GW to push for bigger orders once the new minis/ packaging comes out, boosting sales and justifying the change. GW has also been known to bully stores into ordering product they do not need. I know one owner who (many years ago) was threatened if they did not stock XX amount of a new product that GW would cancel their account, which would force the store to buy from a distributor at higher price.

Reducing the number of present release minis on the shelves also forces people to accept the new ones.
If the new release is crap and people find they prefer the old ones they will seek out places that have the old minis. However if stores have no stock of the old versions of popular minis then people have no choice but to buy the new version. Thus boosting sales of the new release.

Thus the "it's for your own good" line is probably just a way to boost sales and someone keeping their job.
"Look how well the new minis are selling, a 20% increase in sales and it cut production cost, can I get my bonus now?"

So, any guesses on a price hike? I figure it's about time for another 10-15% kick in the nuts.

You're cynical.