4 wolf guard terminators w/ wolf claws 192
9 grey hunters w/ power wpn, meltagun, wolf standard, rhino 205
9 grey hunters w/ power wpn, meltagun, wolf standard, rhino 205
landraider (regular) 250
wolf priest w/ wolf tooth necklace 110
landraider crusader 250
13 blood claws power weapon, 210
__________________________________________________ _______

We usually play anything between 1750 and 2000 pts. The rest of my army depends on what size game.
Those odd numbers turn into full squads with either more grey hunters or wolf guard depending on whichever point cost we are playing.

I only use models I have, which at this point means everything except fenrisian wolves, thunderwolf cavalry, whirlwinds, Canis Wolfborn, and iron priests

blackarmchair
04-04-2011, 11:38 PM
As an avid Space Wolf player I love nothing more than list-hammering puppies with people but just so I'm clear are you asking for help writing a new list? Or is the list you posted your idea for a new list and you would like some comments?

Let me know and I'll be glad to go over some ideas with you!

Astral Platypus
04-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Oops. That's my basic old list. From there I would add gear and weapons until I got to whatever points value we were playing. Any ideas different from that would be appreciated.

Tynskel
04-05-2011, 08:20 PM
well, simply you could start by dropping both land raiders.

This will open up 500 points. You could do all sorts of stuff with that!

blackarmchair
04-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Yeah, Land Raiders are really limited in their value. I'm not saying that they're bad (they're not) they just cost so many points that can be much better spent elsewhere.

If you're looking for a powerful new way to play Space Wolves I recommend some of the popular builds out there. It usually involves 1-2 rune priests, wolf scouts, plenty of Grey Hunters packs lead by wolf guard (CM/PF) and maxed out long fangs with rockets.

It seems like you have plenty of models to do something like this. If you have any general ideas of what you're going for post them (or even a tentative list) I'm sure we can all give you some good criticism.

Whoop!
04-06-2011, 06:27 AM
I've been running a list similiar to the mighty cheesehead suggested (Black arm chair) and it plays nice. Its forgiving, and hearty. I've been having trouble with Blood Angels lately, but they have been design to attack my list.

I also usually run my LF's with 3 missile luanchers and 1 Lascannon, to try to delay delivery of the money shot. (read as landraider full of assualt termies)

Astral Platypus
04-06-2011, 11:04 AM
What do you think of this one:

Logan Grimnar 275
5 Terminators w/ cyclone launcher, 2 combi weapons, power fist 215
5 Terminators w/ cyclone launcher, 2 combi weapons, power fist 215
6 Long Fangs with missile launchers/multimeltas (depends on whether I start Logan here) 140
8 Grey Hunters w/ power weapon, meltagun, wolf standard 228
wolf guard w/power fist and combi weapon
rhino
8 Grey Hunters w/ power weapon, meltagun, wolf standard 228
wolf guard w/power fist and combi weapon
rhino
Rune Priest w/ combi weapon 105
Rune Priest w/ combi weapon wolf tail talisman 110
vindicator 115
vindicator 115

blackarmchair
04-06-2011, 12:47 PM
VERY VERY solid. I like it a lot. Understand that this type of Space Wolf army is very synergistic and fairly elite. You need to be careful with each unit to make sure you get the most out of it.

In 2000pt matches take another Grey Hunters Pack just to fill out some space with additional bodies. I like this style list - although I've not tried the logan-wing myself - and I like that you've chosen to include two vindicators as support. I like it, consider taking only one rune priest and replacing the second with a third vindi?

But both are good options, I'm just being nitpicky now...Great list!

I've been running a list similiar to the mighty cheesehead suggested (Black arm chair) and it plays nice.

Cheesehead...Are you referring to my tactics or to my State of residence?

;)

Whoop!
04-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Cheesehead...Are you referring to my tactics or to my State of residence?

;)

I like your tactics, it's your State I was jibbing.:)

blackarmchair
04-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Well-played flatlander. Well.....played....

Whoop!
04-07-2011, 12:49 PM
I know it's the wrong army for it, but I've been playing with a SwiftClaw pack lead by a Wolf Priest and a Wolf Lord on bikes.

I know other armies make more effective bike squads, but think of how cool those bikes will look with all the hides streaming off the back! I wonder if I could find some Harley sculpts.....

blackarmchair
04-07-2011, 03:59 PM
You know, I've actually seen a quite a few people do this.

Swiftclaw bikers aren't bad, they're just about 5pts over-priced but with a priest and a wolf guard they make a pretty nice counter-charge unit.

I like the idea even though I've never tried it myself.

Whoop!
04-07-2011, 07:24 PM
It plays real tough, but it cost's through the nose.

Added benefit, making the conversions!