PDA

View Full Version : Question on Mastercraft Weapon

jmach
04-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Say that I have a Grand Master with BS 6 and I mastercraft his psycannon. When would I roll the mastercraft for the miss?

-Do I reroll after I resolve his BS 6 rule of rerolling and attempting to hit on a 6?
(ie. roll 1, don't roll a follow up 6, reroll for mastercraft with BS 6)

or

-Do I reroll when the dice shows 1, forget about the BS 6 rule, and reroll then following the BS 6 rule?
(ie. roll 1, reroll for mastercraft with BS 6)

I think it's the first option got into a rules discussion earlier this evening and couldn't find it in the rule book.

gcsmith
04-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Unless stated othewise you can NEVER reroll a reroll. So i would assume this is similar to do i take cover or normal save kinda thing.

You take the best, so that would be mastercrafted, The bs 6 is if you dnt wanna mastercraft but still have that slight reroll chance.

wkz
04-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Unless stated othewise you can NEVER reroll a reroll. So i would assume this is similar to do i take cover or normal save kinda thing.

You take the best, so that would be mastercrafted, The bs 6 is if you dnt wanna mastercraft but still have that slight reroll chance.
The rule for Mastercrafted is "reroll a miss". Only after determining it is a miss do you reroll that... the rerolling due to BS is not technically a "reroll a miss" (rather, it is part of rolling to hit), so that doesn't count I guess.

So: Roll BS 6. Reroll (because it is BS 6)... oh crap my luck sucks. Mastercraft, activate! For the reroll, roll BS 6 again... Reroll again (because it is BS 6)... well, I suck...

Edit: What I said in this entire post... is WRONG

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
04-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Check page 18 of the BRB. It specifically uses Mastercrafted as an example of how rerolls to hit and BS 6+ don't stack.

jmach
04-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks I'll read up on page 18, I was on the thought process of what wkz was saying in his post in the discussion.

Edit: Yep just read it, take the mastercraft roll instead of finishing out the BS 6 roll and stick with that result, thanks for pointing me to the page in the book.

blackarmchair
04-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Check page 18 of the BRB. It specifically uses Mastercrafted as an example of how rerolls to hit and BS 6+ don't stack.

This is 100% correct. My gaming group just had this very same discussion and this is the conclusion we reached as well.

wkz
04-04-2011, 08:46 PM
My bad. Mastercrafted makes BS 6 works differently. My post up there has also been edited so as to not mislead people.

Once again, apologies for the mistake.