PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk Unboxing

Watching Paint Dry
09-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Here's an unboxing video of Space Hulk from my friends over at miniwargaming.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sZD1fbgBxQ&feature=player_embedded

Hanuman110
09-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Nice video. I'm really looking forward to playing this game.

Cascadia
09-01-2009, 04:39 PM
not to fused about space hulk myself, but id love to get my hands on some of those BA termi's, mmmm tasty

Voxnovanion
09-01-2009, 04:59 PM
I've got my copy already pre-ordered from my local game store and a friend of mine has ordered 2 copies (he's going to try to convert the termi's to another chapter, even though all the evidence suggests it will be fiendishly difficult to get all the BA icongraphy off).

I wonder if the new set will work with the missions and campaigns from my old Space Hulk campaigns hardcover...

2wierd
09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
And if the board pieces interlock with those of the original game... ;)

alasgun
09-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Space Hulk looks like it will be really fun but it is way too expensive for my budget right now. Luckily my LGS hinted that they might give away a copy in a tournament or some other contest. The miniatures don't look that cool though in my opinion.

Esven
09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I actually played an intro game at my local GW Copenhagen last week, and it was just fantastic. The minis are so cool and the board is just beautiful. And the game is really intense. I managed to win, by the thread of my teeth. And it turns out I was the first customer to win an intro game in the store. But in all fairness, I would have lost, had the tyranids not moved the model that was blocking the hallway to the objective. I had flamed the hallway, so moving the tyranid would cause it to die on 2+. Which it did. Had it remained stationary I could not shoot it as I needed the last Flamer shot to cleanse the objective. And my other lone surviving terie was 25 squares away down a different corridor

Lord Inquisitor
09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Looks really good.

mordengard
09-01-2009, 06:03 PM
That looks incredible. I can hardly wait...

Puccio
09-01-2009, 06:56 PM
lovely.

can't wait to break out a file for those termies. conversions ho!!!!!!!

zanzibarthefirst
09-01-2009, 07:11 PM
I had a chance to look at the box when it was first announced and I must say that it is very impressive and gives the feel of a proper board game. I'm hearing that GW has already started to dish Space Hulk out so hopefully those who have pre-orders will be getting their copy soon. I can wait to get mine, if only to read through the books. I'll also be picking up a copy of the novel that is coming out, that shoudl be a good little read

Azazel665
09-01-2009, 08:03 PM
I got to give it a run at Bolscon, I have to say, it's pretty sweet. Glad they didn't jack with the rules too much. It really still plays like SH should.

The AKH
09-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Excellent video! Saw the whole set at my local GW last Saturday... the minis are amazing, and the board looks really, really sturdy. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!!!

phoenix01
09-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Love the minis, hate the board. Won't be getting it (just wrecked my car and I need a new one).

terricon4
09-01-2009, 09:16 PM
It all looks good but I could never get the money in time. However what interests me was that he said GW no longer sells them Tyranid codex's or battleforces. So this means that instead of just updating a few minis they might be making enough to fill a whole new battleforce. I will definitely look into this.

Brother_Artimese
09-02-2009, 01:14 AM
And if the board pieces interlock with those of the original game... ;)

Thats what i want to know. I have a full set of the 1st, 2nd, and tyranid attack rules/boards (+ expansions and extras). I want to be able to cover a 4x6 table with one monster hulk.

Mark!

slopike
09-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Amazing looking mini's and game. Can't wait to get my hands on it and play it!

And if those Blood Angel figs are any indication of what they will do for them with their new codex I may be spending more money for my "finished army" :)

WalkableBuffalo
09-02-2009, 01:20 AM
it makes me want to cry! The fact that it is too expensive for me. but it is just packed to the brim with miniatures which is freaking awesome!

Bomma
09-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Unboxed mine today after I got home from work.. smelled oh so sweet ;).

B.

trenchfoot
09-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Beyond the value of game play, the models are sweeet and a serious value.

Watching Paint Dry
09-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Holy cow, these guys just put Space Hulk in their Clearance Section. You can get it for 30% off list price now. Check it out here:

store.miniwargaming.com (http://www.miniwargaming.com/x.php?x=ptgraham&y=http://store.miniwargaming.com/&c=Bols)

*update* it appears this was a limited time sale, and disappeared around noon.

bloodangel001
09-02-2009, 09:38 AM
I just recived my copy of space hulk and might i say What a box... its got to be 10 pounds and the models and tiles are every thing the web said they are. Just Amazing!

tcraigen
09-02-2009, 09:43 AM
I am practically pacing mentally for my copy. I am very excited about the BA terminators.

Zaklifean
09-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Does anyone know if the board pieces will work with the old version? Mine is scheduled for Friday delivery, but it would be nice to know before hand. If not, I will let you know Friday when I get mine.

Watching Paint Dry
09-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know if the board pieces will work with the old version? Mine is scheduled for Friday delivery, but it would be nice to know before hand. If not, I will let you know Friday when I get mine.

I have heard yes, except that the new ones are thicker. You can also find the old tiles posted around the net, so its conceivable that you could print more of your own.

-------
Get Space Hulk for 30% off: store.miniwargaming.com (http://www.miniwargaming.com/x.php?x=ptgraham&y=http://store.miniwargaming.com/&c=bols)

Zaklifean
09-02-2009, 10:31 AM
hmmmm, I may have to look into that. I do have all the originals, plus the ones from the game "Ultramarine" which was scouts vs tyranids, that came with the same type of tiles, just a little thinner material

grail
09-02-2009, 02:43 PM
mine was waiting for me when i finshed work. and i have to say i am not disapointed with any of it. its the best £60 i`ve spent with GW and is somthing that i will be using for a long time. its good to see some of the extra missions from WD and deathwing inculded with it. over all top product :D

Dia
09-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm still undecided about this.

Never played the original Space Hulk so I can't speak about the game, but those miniatures look great and I'd love to get my hands on them. I'm just unsure if it's worth it at this point or if they're going to release them later along with the whole BA line in some kind of awesome set.

yesitdoesindeedhurt
09-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I ordered my through my local gaming store so I will have to wait til saturday to pick it up but considering I have 3 copies of the old spacehulk I am really jazzed that pieces shuld all fit together. I think I am going to make a monster board.

M'yen'shi
09-03-2009, 10:21 AM
I had a chance to check out a copy last night at my FLGS, as stated many times previously it is very impressive. With the number of local players getting a copy I wonder if any games of 40k will be played this weekend.

timbo101
09-03-2009, 11:59 AM
I have heard yes, except that the new ones are thicker. You can also find the old tiles posted around the net, so its conceivable that you could print more of your own.

-------
Get Space Hulk for 30% off: store.miniwargaming.com (http://www.miniwargaming.com/x.php?x=ptgraham&y=http://store.miniwargaming.com/&c=bols)

If you have an all-in-one printer/scanner you could always make your own!

Sasquatch1916
09-03-2009, 03:00 PM
not sure if I'll buy Space Hulk. I could save that $100 and use it to update my space pups army

clkeagle
09-03-2009, 10:27 PM
With the thickness of the new tiles, printing extra will be difficult (but not impossible). And the printing is VERY glossy - high-quality photo paper is the only way you'd even get close.

Shameless plug here, but topically relevant: I posted side-by-side comparisons of all three editions' Terminator models on my blog. http://basementgamingbunker.blogspot.com/2009/09/space-hulk-then-to-now.html