PDA

View Full Version : 3 new Inquisitor Books (Black Library)

zeronyne
04-02-2011, 02:58 PM
This is straight from the mouth of Dan Abnett at Adepticon roughly 6 hours ago, although it may be common knowledge. If so, my apologies.

I asked him if there was a chance of a continuation of my favorite 40k story arc, Eisenhorn/Ravenor. He replied that it just so happened that he was going to tackle the last 3 of the series at the end of this year. It would revolve around Alizebeth Bequin, and would essentially be a showdown between the two inquisitors.

I'm going to have to reread the Eisenhorn trilogy, because I thought she died after an extended coma, but nonetheless, I'm excited by the prospect of revisiting these characters. I know some of you despise these stories, but I for one find them fairly compelling and content-rich.

Connjurus
04-02-2011, 03:13 PM
This is straight from the mouth of Dan Abnett at Adepticon roughly 6 hours ago, although it may be common knowledge. If so, my apologies.

I asked him if there was a chance of a continuation of my favorite 40k story arc, Eisenhorn/Ravenor. He replied that it just so happened that he was going to tackle the last 3 of the series at the end of this year. It would revolve around Alizebeth Bequin, and would essentially be a showdown between the two inquisitors.

I'm going to have to reread the Eisenhorn trilogy, because I thought she died after an extended coma, but nonetheless, I'm excited by the prospect of revisiting these characters. I know some of you despise these stories, but I for one find them fairly compelling and content-rich.

Whoever despises Eisenhorn should be despised in turn.

plawolf
04-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Whoever despises Eisenhorn should be despised in turn.

There is a special place in Inquisitorial dungeons reserved for heretics such as these.

Connjurus
04-02-2011, 04:37 PM
There is a special place in Inquisitorial dungeons reserved for heretics such as these.

Right next to the special cell reserved the Arch-Heretic "C.S. Goto."

George Labour
04-02-2011, 04:45 PM
So he confirmed he's finally working on them, or just that they're still on his list?

In the foreword from the Ravenor omnibus he says he had plans to do more books like those two trilogies, but didn't say much else.

Also just because you're dead or in a coma doesn't mean you can't influence events in the 40k universe. IN fact the most important human in the setting does just that. All it takes is the right furniture and good feng-shui.