PDA

View Full Version : Need to sell my FW Thunderhawk done by BTP

SonicPara
04-02-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm trying to sell the center piece of my Marine collection, my Forge World Thunderhawk.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/QRT-Para-Spartan/Thunderhawk/1236863678.jpg

This Thunderhawk, as well as the base, was assembled and painted by the professionals at Blue Table Painting and features some fine details and is fully magnetized. The Thunderhawk was assembled with the landing gear down to allow for better storage and landing during games. The model features every possible weapon option including the Battle Cannon, Turbo-Laser, Bomb Pylons, and Hellstrike Missiles. All of these weapon options are magnetized, as well as the wing-mounted Heavy Bolters and the craft's cockpit. Other dynamic features include pose-able and removable stabilizing wings with integrated lascannons, opening assault ramp, and a small cargo-bay crew magnetized to a large base.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/QRT-Para-Spartan/Thunderhawk/DSC04758.jpg

The base that was created for the Thunderhawk is a massive wooden oval textured and painted with a desert theme. The base depicts an abandoned Khorne Rhino APC with a dead Berzerker slumped against the wreck and filled with several bullet holes. The condition of the wrecked APC and the killed Berzerker suggest that they have sat there for a while as the desert sands and sparse vegetation have coated and moved into the remnants of Khorne.

The dowel was anchored into the base by epoxy and liquid nails and still remains sturdy today, 2 years after it was made. The flyer was seated on its base for upwards of eight hours last week during a 30,000 point Apocalypse game. The dowel is a thick metal rod which securely supports the Thunderhawk and can easily be used for hours on end during lengthy apocalypse battles.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/QRT-Para-Spartan/Thunderhawk/DSC04745.jpg

I will also be including the Forge World book "Imperial Armour: Volume Two" which has the original (pre-GW Apoc Book) Thunderhawk rules as well as rules for using flyers such as the Thunderhawk in regular 40K games. So you will get the Thunderhawk that was assembled and painted by Blue Table Painting, all of the magnetized weapon options (including bomb pylons), the massive desert flying base, and "Imperial Armour: Volume Two" which is not pictured here but is still in new condition.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/QRT-Para-Spartan/Thunderhawk/DSC04756.jpg

My asking price is $700 which is below retail cost without factoring in the kits/materials for the base.

Also, I have some more pictures of the Thunderhawk which are viewable here: http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/QRT-Para-Spartan/Thunderhawk/

I'm located in Southern California in case anyone wants to do a face-to-face but otherwise I am willing to ship it as long as the buyer pays for it. Anyone looking for a magnetized, well painted Thunderhawk that is ready to go?

atacam
04-02-2011, 03:15 PM
I could be tempted. Couple of questions though.

Are they standard Space Marine doors on it.

Is the paint thin, as I will need to go over it.

Also if I send tanks we both pay our own shipping. Im in the UK.

Let me know.

Defenestratus
04-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Sigh

Had I not just spent $600 on a new toy last month you would have had your money already sent to you.

Damn wives, they always kill the buzz.

SonicPara
04-03-2011, 12:02 AM
I could be tempted. Couple of questions though.

Are they standard Space Marine doors on it.

Is the paint thin, as I will need to go over it.

Also if I send tanks we both pay our own shipping. Im in the UK.

Let me know.

They are standard doors. "Imperial Eagle" is what Forge World calls it.

As this was not painted by myself I cannot speak on the thickness of the paint. It was painted by BTP and the painting is beautiful and fully covers the model so I wouldn't expect the paint to be especially thin.

I'm fine with that, but keep in mind that I will only accept the newest versions of the Russ kits New on Sprue valued at $50 or sealed New in Box valued at $65. Fair warning though, shipping the Thunderhawk to the UK would be quite expensive as it is large and heavy.

Inquisitor Hate Machine
04-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Sigh

Had I not just spent $600 on a new toy last month you would have had your money already sent to you.

Damn wives, they always kill the buzz.

dude. Thats a really expensive buzzing "toy"! :p

PalinMoonstride
04-03-2011, 01:02 AM
That's quite a deal for all the work involved in making that beast. I have had a brand new one sitting in the bag on my shelf for almost 2 years now. Every time i look at it and consider building it i end up shaking my head and doing something else.

atacam
04-10-2011, 03:11 AM
They are standard doors. "Imperial Eagle" is what Forge World calls it.

As this was not painted by myself I cannot speak on the thickness of the paint. It was painted by BTP and the painting is beautiful and fully covers the model so I wouldn't expect the paint to be especially thin.

I'm fine with that, but keep in mind that I will only accept the newest versions of the Russ kits New on Sprue valued at $50 or sealed New in Box valued at $65. Fair warning though, shipping the Thunderhawk to the UK would be quite expensive as it is large and heavy.

Sounds cool.

yep, newest versions would be what I would get for you. Dont even think you can buy the older version anymore?

On the shipping side, I was thinking we pay our own on the products we are sending. Although not as heavy as yours, I think mine will be bulky so may cost too.
Let me know.