PDA

View Full Version : ForgeWorld Terrain - Imperial Strongpoint

eldargal
04-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Coming from a ForgeWorld near you:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/board2.jpg
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/board7.jpg
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/board6.jpg

A hollow resin expansion for the RoB gamesboard, prices at £60.

Now the exciting bit is, I emailed ForgeWorld asking about plans for Eldar themed terrain (nothing definite), and they said if this was a success they would certainly be producing more as it is a much more cost effective method of producing terrain than their current solid resin (which is being phased out). Cheaper for FW and cheaper for the customer.

Mr.Pickelz
04-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Now this is sweet! i can't wait to see more. :D:D

Venris
04-02-2011, 09:57 AM
"cough" echo base "cough", still really cool though

SotonShades
04-02-2011, 10:25 AM
I really do hope we get to see more of this kind of thing. I'm sure GW talked about making more expansion sections when they released the Realm of Battle Board, but so far we've only had the oppertunity to buy the flat panels we've all ready got. It'd be great to see some mre of this kind of stuff from FW.

I'd like to see proper trench systems, rivers, maybe roads (probably damaged) and more variety. Ideally I suppose anything that would normally need to be modelled in to the board. Shame GW can't get some plastic tiles out as well.

Kawauso
04-02-2011, 12:57 PM
This looks awesome...

But knowing what we do about Forge World and their resin, what are the odds that this thing turns out to be a colossal pain in the ***?

eldargal
04-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I spoke to FW about it and they said they would definitely be producing more if this one is a success, as it is a far more cost effective way of producing terrain both for them and the customer.

Connjurus
04-02-2011, 05:59 PM
I am so glad I picked up a RoB board, totally picking this up.

Edit: this also looks like it's meant to fit with the other hill-sections.

faolan
04-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Eh, I like it, but I don't like the fact it's resin. Resin does shatter quite easily, and making it hollow resin only increases the chances of that.

That is, of course, if they use the resin we're used to. I admit there are certain types of super-strong resins, like those used in some boat and airplane uses, and if they've gone with that, then I'm all for it. But until then, I'm skeptical.

Lockark
04-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Eh, I like it, but I don't like the fact it's resin. Resin does shatter quite easily, and making it hollow resin only increases the chances of that.

That is, of course, if they use the resin we're used to. I admit there are certain types of super-strong resins, like those used in some boat and airplane uses, and if they've gone with that, then I'm all for it. But until then, I'm skeptical.

I was wondering that also.

The normal Relms of battle board is quite rugged. How well will this compare?

Kawauso
04-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah, that's my only concern with this.

I would love 'custom' pieces like this to add to my board...but not if they're going to shatter, chip or warp. :(

eldargal
04-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Fire of an email to ForgeWorld and ask, they have always been very good at answering such question in the past.

Lane
04-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Not all urethane resins are brittle, in fact there are some hard urethane rubber resins. Think car tire hard but cast just like other resins.

They could cast the board as a thin shell then cast a foam backing.

tleilax
06-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Does anyone know when is supposed to come out the imperial strongpoint terrain board from FW? It’s a long time now since it was advertised in FW newsletter. Do they decided to postpone this expansion?

Lemt
06-15-2011, 10:44 AM
This looks very good, and the price seems fair to me. A piece of terrain for the price of a big mini? Yes please.

DrLove42
06-15-2011, 11:10 AM
That terrain piece was advertised the same time as IA11. The book isn't out yet. Expect September time

pauljc
06-17-2011, 03:11 AM
That does, indeed, look friggin' awesomesauce! Gonna have to order one of those.