- Purifier Squad, 8 Knights, 2 Psycannons, MC Hammer, 5 Halberds, Rhino. 244

Heavy Support:
- Psyfleman Dread. 135
- Psyfleman Dread. 135
- Psyfleman Dread. 135

I wanted a combined arms list, decent combat along with good supporting fire. At first I was using Strike Squads, but Purifiers are just better. They can still provide Psycannon firepower and unlike the Strike Squads they are a huge threat in close combat. Unfortunately you have to take the dead weight of Crowe, he's pretty useless and will probably just hang back and guard the fire base or run across the battlefield and pray. I think the purifiers are worth the drawbacks though.
Fire support comes in the form of the Dreads and the Assassin, their longer range complementing the Psycannons. The Inquisitor and Servitors are here for extra crowd control and because I couldn't come up with anything else to fill the points.
One option would be to ditch a few Purifiers, buy a Chimera for the henchmen and let Crowe commandeer it, but I'm reluctant to blow any more points on him. Thoughts?

DarkLink
04-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Crowe's fine on his own here. You've got enough of a stationary firebase that your opponent shouldn't bother shooting at him. The Dreads are a bigger target than he is.

Instead of the servitor squad, you might consider a decked out Xenos Inquisitor. Power armor, rad/psychostroke grenades and maybe a psychic power and stick him in one of your Purifier units, and you have something that can kill most anything in the game between your various buffs and all those I6 attacks.

Sonikgav
04-02-2011, 03:41 AM
You can only have 3 servitors with heavy guns. Id probably agree with the above. Takin the inquisitor just to take 3Hb's with BS3 is a bit meh. Tool it or Lose it. A nice choppy inquisitor could be cool.

Gordius
04-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I don't have my codex on me but I think this is around 1750.

Hq:
- Castellan Crowe. 150
- Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, Psychostroke Grenades, Psychic Mastery Lvl 1 (Hammerhand) and Power Armour.

Elites:
- Vindicare Assassin. 145
-
Troops:

Heavy Support:
- Psyfleman Dread. 135
- Psyfleman Dread. 135
- Psyfleman Dread. 135

Quick question, do you think I should give the Knights of the Flame the Hammers? On the one hand they can make them Master Crafted, on the other hand they might die to perils.

wolflold
04-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Unless im missing somting your points are wrong

"Purifier Squad, 8 Knights, 2 Psycannons, MC Hammer, 5 Halberds, Rhino" cost 272 points not 244.

blackjack
04-04-2011, 11:09 PM
I concur, 272 not 244.

Lemt
04-05-2011, 06:11 AM
I'd cut the inquisitor, and maybe one of the Purifier units. Then, increase the remaining units to 10 miniatures. That way in objective-based games you can combat-squad them. You leave behind the 5 Purifiers with Psycannons, and advance in rhinos with the ones with a hammer. This change would cut 3 Kill Points for KP missions (unless you have points left over that you spend on something), and give you a total of 6 scoring units for objective missions.