PDA

View Full Version : AdMech List Possibilities...

MaltonNecromancer
04-01-2011, 05:44 PM
So, new GK codex, and Gun Servitors are ludicrously cheap, and you can have 12 Heavy Bolters in a squad for slightly more than one and a half squads of IG.

Who else sees the possibility for what can only be described as a staggering amount of heavy firepower? Especially if it's attatched to Coteaz if He's Been Expecting You...

My AdMech proxies suddenly have a viable (if not entirely sane) list!

gwensdad
04-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Still have to wait for an official ruling about if those henchmen squads count towards the 2 troops minimum.

Otherwise....Oh yes. Suck it devastator squads.

Gah, 12 plasmas firing at once....

MaltonNecromancer
04-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Or 12 multimeltas!

Completely insane. I'm just trying to work out how to keep them alive. Coteaz stops Deep Striking horror, and the sheer volume of firepower would be enough to give most things pause (especially if you took three full 12 man Servitor squads, 24 with Heavy Bolters (72 S5 shots!), 12 with Multimeltas - I can't think of much that would come near that.) Inquisitor with Null Rod seems a pretty good way of keeping them safe. ("JotWW you Njal? Sorry, don't think so."), but you need some kind of hideous counter assault threat.

Paladins with an Apothcary and Falchions?

gwensdad
04-01-2011, 06:45 PM
or just 10 weapons and 2 monkeys.

+12" range to those Multimeltas. Yes please.

MaltonNecromancer
04-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Hadn't thought of that. Make some awesome techprist conversion to replace the monkeys and job's good 'un...

George Labour
04-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Make a couple of Dreadknights into counts as praetorian servitors and or Knights. That'd have some counter charge punch. Or a unit of arcoflaggelants as Electropriests?

Paul
04-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Or 12 multimeltas!

Completely insane. I'm just trying to work out how to keep them alive. Coteaz stops Deep Striking horror, and the sheer volume of firepower would be enough to give most things pause (especially if you took three full 12 man Servitor squads, 24 with Heavy Bolters (72 S5 shots!), 12 with Multimeltas - I can't think of much that would come near that.) Inquisitor with Null Rod seems a pretty good way of keeping them safe. ("JotWW you Njal? Sorry, don't think so."), but you need some kind of hideous counter assault threat.

Hideous counter assault threat? How about 10 Combat Servitors (Str 8) with Jokaero to see if you can grab a couple of invuln saves led by Valeria, or a nameless inquisitor.

Or for hilarity, 3 Crusaders, 3 Powerfist / Stormshield Warriors, and 6 combat servitors.

gcsmith
04-03-2011, 01:53 PM
why not just some Deathcult to give some support?

navi
04-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Or 12 multimeltas!

Sorry to poor cold water on it slightly, but only 3 servitors per squad can take a heavy weapon and you need an inquisitor in there to avoid mindlock. Still, you can get 3 heavy bolters, 8 warrior acolytes with storm bolters and a jokaero in there for very little points (the vanilla inquistors are hardly expensive as well).

Some sort of archeotech stand-in for the jokaero would work perfectly, an ordo xeno inquistor with conversion beamer and power armour as the magos and possibly even some adeptus biologicus test subjects using the daemonhost rules.

davel
04-04-2011, 10:20 AM
or just 10 weapons and 2 monkeys.

+12" range to those Multimeltas. Yes please.

actually the monkeys can have multi meltas as well

Dave l

Billyjoeray
04-04-2011, 06:20 PM
This is actually being done already. Someone in my local group was already making an AdMech army and the rules for the GK Henchmen allow him to field a suitably "ad mech" army.