PDA

View Full Version : WOOT! GK codex came today.

BrotherWill
03-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Now I'm going to start building some lists and filling them out starting this weekend. Should I start with a box of the new Termies or the PAGK? I can only afford one this weekend.

Lemt
03-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Now I'm going to start building some lists and filling them out starting this weekend. Should I start with a box of the new Termies or the PAGK? I can only afford one this weekend.

My way of doing things is:

-Wait for the Errata/FAQ
-Test
-Buy stuff

Anything else is risky...

Whoop!
03-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Risky, Pricey, and oh so hard not to do!

What is this "later" thing you speak of? Does it have anything to do with instant gratification? No? Then screw it! NOW is better!!

Lemt
03-31-2011, 05:29 PM
Risky, Pricey, and oh so hard not to do!

What is this "later" thing you speak of? Does it have anything to do with instant gratification? No? Then screw it! NOW is better!!

NOW is 1:30 AM. &_&

Sonikgav
03-31-2011, 05:40 PM
Buy Grey Knight Marines. You will use them

Give them Stormbolters and Halberds. You WILL use them.

Use the Incinerators and Psycannons. You Will probably use them.

From there, just guess :)

Mr.Pickelz
03-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Personally, I'm working on an all terminator GK army, so i'm deffinitly taking 2 termy boxes at least, and 2 dread-knights (if the LGS has enough). Oh and the codex too!:D i might need that.

BrotherWill
03-31-2011, 06:23 PM
I think I'm leaning towards Purifiers for my first squad. I just love the whole Cleansing Flame ability.

newtoncain
03-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Personally, I'm working on an all terminator GK army, so i'm deffinitly taking 2 termy boxes at least, and 2 dread-knights (if the LGS has enough). Oh and the codex too!:D i might need that.

So you will have like 30 boots on the ground and your opponent will have 80.:eek:

Lane
03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Thinking of building a Henchmen army.

gwensdad
03-31-2011, 09:17 PM
Thinking of building a Henchmen army.

Why am I thinking of a mini that looks like THE MONARCH for an HQ and all the henchmen are dressed like butterflys and...

(need to watch more Venture Brothers....)

MINIONS! Purge the traitors!

Mr.Pickelz
03-31-2011, 10:17 PM
well...it's not the size of the force, but the motion of the firepower...(that totally sounded better in my head)

So, as long as i can kill the enemy's tin cans I think I'll be fine. After all they are terminators, so 2A with force weapons, 2+ 5++ save and i'm trying to pack in 3 dread knights(cause their termys too!). load them out with cool gear and stuff, and it should be a fun ride.:D

elmir
04-01-2011, 06:37 AM
I have already ordered a crapload of 2 mm and 1.5 mm neodynium magnets to get as many configurations out of my basic troops as possible. That'll save me the hassle of having to refit weapons etc and will allow me to experiment with a wide variaty of builds.

I have seen the full content of the boxes, and it looks to me like it can be done, although it'll require some minor converting of some of the weapons to avoid two handed grips on certain weapons. :)

Unzuul the Lascivious
04-01-2011, 07:41 AM
The poop is gonna hit the fan in my miniatures cabinet when the Grey Knights inhabit the shelves below my Daemon army...just so they don't feel left out, I'm gonna give them some love too by finishing painting the Daemons I have thus far neglected to paint. They may even get a few friends soon,too.

As for the Grey Knights, my initial purchase is 4 boxes PAGK, one of Terms and a Dreadknight - these will join the 12 Terms and 5 PAGK I already have from way back when. I'm thinking ten Purifiers, 5 Purgators, 5 Strike Team and 5 Interceptors. The new terms will likely form the Paladin squad.
Personally, I will equip them whatever I think looks cool from the Codex, and then just use the 'counts as' rule. I guess there are probably some beardy tournaments which don't allow this, but I don't do tournaments (in MY OPINION they are not fun, there's always a whiny little beeyatch to spoil things for you and I enjoy building up the fluff side, i.e campaign playing).

Hopefully, I will soon buy another Dreadknight, A Storm Raven (even though I think the model is butters), couple of Rhino, and eventually a Forgeworld GKDread and LR. My Inquisitor band will be an ongoing project, but armies of henchmen smells too spammy and beardy to me - she'll have a small warband and access to Assassins.

Bda_Gamer
04-01-2011, 09:35 AM

Think of your theme
Create some minor fluff
Make a mock list
Buy/build accordingly

celestialatc
04-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Why am I thinking of a mini that looks like THE MONARCH for an HQ and all the henchmen are dressed like butterflys and...

THIS!!! Coteaz counting as The Monarch.....Henchmen 21 as a Brotherhood Champion (or maybe a monkey if pre season 3).

Brilliant!

JxKxR
04-01-2011, 12:32 PM

If someone did this they would be my hero!