Purifier x10 - 4 Halberds, 2 Hammers, 4 Incinerators - 261
Purifier x5 - 3 Halberds, 2 Psycannons - 146
Terminators x5 - Psycannon, 2 Hammers, Psybolts - 245

Vindicare - 145
Inquistor Henchmen - 3 Gun Servitors, Jokaero, Chimera - 120

Dreadknight - Incinerator, Psycannon - 200
Dreadnaught - Twin Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo - 140
Dreadnaught - Twin Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo - 140

3 Psybolt Razorbacks - 150 (2 for Combat Squad Incinerator Purifiers, 1 for Crowe)

15 points spare. Im thinking of sticking it on the Inquisitor to Arm/Armour him or possibly into his retinue. Im thinking maybe a Hellrifle.

Thoughts?

elmir
03-31-2011, 09:43 AM
4 incinerators in 2 different purifier squads seems a bit "overkill"-ish, especially on a squad that has such a good psypower to deal with horde armies to begin with. Even though the incinerator is a free upgrade, I don't think using 4 in a single squad will really gain you that much, let alone in 2 squads.

celestialatc
03-31-2011, 11:35 AM
4 incinerators in 2 different purifier squads seems a bit "overkill"-ish, especially on a squad that has such a good psypower to deal with horde armies to begin with. Even though the incinerator is a free upgrade, I don't think using 4 in a single squad will really gain you that much, let alone in 2 squads.

I agree Elmir. Also doesn't taking the incinerator take away their Force Weapon? So you no longer have that option when attacking. I think you should only have one maybe 2, since the purifiers have the anti-horde power. And maybe get some more halberds, or heck just keep the free sword. Or get some psycannons and force the enemy to come to you.

As for the Inquisitor, I don't know how many points they are but I would get the Xeno flavor with a plasma siphon, only if you think you might face someone with plasma weapons and keep him near the Terminators. Although with the Gun Servitors you will probably just want to plant then somewhere.

Sonikgav
03-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Well the inquisitor and his retinue sit in the Chimera. For 150ish points i get 5 Heavy Bolters, a LasCannon and the Hellrifle all sat in an armoured bunker. I dont fear shortrange plasma enough to warrant the syphon.

As for the Purifiers i will use these in 2 very different ways. They will be broken down into Combat Squads. The Incinerators and 1 hammer in the Razorback to Soften up the enemy lines. I know this leaves them lacking in combat ability but to me it makes them a better lure to pull enemy units to them so either Crowe or the other half of the unit (4 halberds 1 hammer) can counter assault them. The incinerators may seem overkill but if i can guarantee a unit beibg wiped out, and not just reduced then all the better.

This is only the tactic for the Purifiers btw. Ill be using the Vindicare and riflemen dreads to pick out any powerfists etc or soften up units on the whole.

Im open to suggestions for change but tbh the only thing id really be happy reconsidering is the Inquisitor and his friends and that doesnt leave much room.

DarkLink
03-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Chimera only have 5 fire points. And hellrifles aren't exactly scary. Nor is a single BS3 lascannon.

Sonikgav
03-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Chimera only have 5 fire points. And hellrifles aren't exactly scary. Nor is a single BS3 lascannon.

I know Chimera's have 5 fire points. Hence the 5 guns (2 of them are on the Chimera). The Las Cannon on the Jokaero is only a Bonus plus it can be a Multimelta or (and most usefully) a Heavy Flamer if needs be. Its the chance at 48" Rending HB's i like from him, and the Hellrifle might not be 'scary' but its an extra S6 AP3 shot at decent range that can take out infantry or even help the LasCannon if needed since it has Rending already.

DarkLink
03-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Either way, I'd stick with a Conversion Beamer on the Inquisitor, if you're going to be sitting back and shooting.

Sonikgav
04-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Ive reconsidered the Inquisitors role somewhat....

Ok ok...one more idea....

Crowe - 150
Xenos Inquisitor - Psychotroke Grenades, Power Armor, Plasma Syphon - 58

Purifier x10 - 4 Halberds, 2 Hammers, 3 Incinerators, 1 Psycannon - 268
Purifier x10 - 4 Halberds, 2 Hammers, 3 Incinerators, 1 Psycannon - 268
Purifier x5 - 3 Halberds, 2 Psycannons - 146
Terminators x5 - Psycannon, 4 Swords/Halberds, 1 Hammer - 225

Vindicare - 145
Inquistor Henchmen - 8 Death Cult Assasins/Crusaders 120

Dreadknight - Incinerator, Psycannon - 200
Dreadnaught - Twin Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo - 135
Dreadnaught - Twin Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo - 135

3 Razorbacks - Psybolts - 150

Not sure on which Henchmen to use. The Assasins are REDICULOUS. A smaller squad than that can wipe out a unit of Marines but their not as survivable. The Crusaders are like a mini version of the Shield Termie Tactic with the Grenades and the HQ in there. Just a shame they dont have a transport but theyre a nice cheap distraction that can do some SERIOUS damage if theyre allowed to. Im leaning more towards the Assasin simply because of the I6/WS4/S4 with those power weapons where as the Crusaders are only I3/S3 and have a single attack.