PDA

View Full Version : techmarine assault?

hewhowalks
03-30-2011, 09:27 PM
If a techmarine (or tech priest too I guess) uses blessing of the omnissiah in the shooting phase, can they then charge as normal anyone they like in the assault phase? Technically they didn't target anyone in the shooting phase (unless you count the ally vehicle).

AngelsofDeath
03-31-2011, 05:35 AM
It says that if he is base contact with a damaged vehicle then he may attempt to fix it. I would say he has not shot at any unit, and could conduct an assault as normal. Hey if I am that close to you then why not.

dannyat2460
03-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Ya i dont see any problem with that as you havnt actualy shot anyone/thing just that you have had to forgo shooting to attempt to bless the tank

hewhowalks
03-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks, that helps.

Now this is probably more of a stretch... Is an embarked unit considered in base contact? My thought is that you have to get out of the truck to fix the truck, just wanted to verify. This is sillier the more I think about it, but I know people who would try to pull it.

AngelsofDeath
03-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks, that helps.

Now this is probably more of a stretch... Is an embarked unit considered in base contact? My thought is that you have to get out of the truck to fix the truck, just wanted to verify. This is sillier the more I think about it, but I know people who would try to pull it.

On that one I would almost have to say "no". I makes sense to think the Techmarine would fix it from the inside. But the word in base contact would make me think that it would have to be outside. I could be wrong, but the question was worth a shot.

Lemt
03-31-2011, 04:49 PM
The SM FAQ/Errata says that yes, you can repair from the inside.

lobster-overlord
04-01-2011, 09:46 PM
If you place the model phycially inside the transport, then it is in base contact ;-)

Lemt
04-02-2011, 03:40 AM
If you place the model phycially inside the transport, then it is in base contact ;-)

Or basically in contact. ;)

AngelsofDeath
04-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Good to know info. Its the little things like this when another players tries to do em and another player argues with them about it. Thanks