PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knight 1750 HELP!!

Wombatofcombat
03-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Grey Knight 1750 pt
Kaldor Draigo-275
5 Paladins-225
Nathecium-75
4 Halberds-0
Psilencer-10
1 Daemonhammer-0
Brotherhood Banner-25

10 Purifiers-240
2 psilencers-0
6 halberds-12
2 daemonhammers-10
Rhino-40

10 Purifiers-240
2 psilencers-0
6 halberds-12
2 daemonhammers-10
Rhino-40

7 Terminators-280
5 Halberds-0
2 Daemonhammers-0
Banner-25
Psycannon-25

Stormraven-205
Multi-melta-0
Twin lascannon-0
1749 Total

Kaldor and paladins are in storm raven
termies are deep striking

THANKS!!

Dalleron
03-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Hmm, advice on a codex not yet available to the masses. Though we've all seen enough of it by now.

I don't know if daemonhammers are gonna be worth it, but I don't what you'd spend the points on otherwise.

I'm not sold on the apothecary for paladins. Two wound termies will probably attract all the firepower that doesn't allow them a save and or outright smite them. And they're in a SR, so probably won't see much incoming fire.

I think psycannons are better over psilencers, but that's just my opion as of now.

DarkLink
03-29-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm not convinced that the Apothecary upgrade is worth it. Between 2 wounds and wound allocation, most anything that doesn't insta-kill the Paladins can be laughed off. Anything that is an actual threat to the paladins ignores FNP. I'd drop it and get a pair of pyscannons on the Paladins instead.

Psilencers aren't worth it, especially not on PAGK. Never take psilencers on PAGK, ever. If you do take psilencers, it's Terminators and Paladins only. Purifiers and GKSS cannot move and shoot the psilencers, and Purifiers and GKSS must always be able to move and still do their job. Psycannons are ok, because you can still move and shoot, and if you happen to be able to sit still you get some extra firepower. But they shouldn't have even bothered to include psilencers as an option on PAGK.

Regardless, Grey Knights don't need more str 4 shooting, they've got plenty of that already. Since you're mobile, Incinerators might be worth it, though you're going to slaughter stuff in CC anyways so I don't know if I'd bother. Psycannons, on the other hand, let you pop tanks. Popping tanks is extremely important. Ergo, Psycannons are extremely important.

I wouldn't take the brotherhood banner on the Paladins either. The squad is too small to benefit. The +1A barely makes up for the force weapon attacks you lose on the guy carrying the banner, and auto-passing force weapon psychic tests isn't that important either, unless you know you're going to be fighting 'nidz or ork nobz.

The brotherhood banner on the normal Termies, however, is worth it. The larger squad means you're getting enough bonus attacks to make up for the loss of the sword.

So, I'd drop the Apothecary, trade out all the psilencers for psycannons, and try and squeeze in a few more Terminators.

Bean
03-30-2011, 02:53 AM
Yeah, what Darklink said. Ditch the Apothecary, swap out all the psilencers for psycannons. Fill out the rest of the available psycannon slots with psycannons. Then look at adding more terminators.

Lemt
03-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Try this instead of the Paladins:
Get Grand Master Mordrak, and a unit of normal Terminators with Justicar Thawn. Drop them anywhere on the table on turn 1, and completely safe. Remove Draigo, keep the Purifiers as Elites instead, and make them scoring with Mordrak's Grand Strategy if you need to.

Wombatofcombat
03-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Well my original idea was to have the apocothary give feel no pain to Draigo, which is beast btw, and because they are in CC most of the game, they will be seeing a bunch of PW and PF so thats where feeal no pain comes into effect, and im pretty sure psilencers are an assault weapon. But i played a game with this list, the paladins and draigo took out 18 death company, 5 assault marines and astorath the grim. i chose daemonhammers in case they ran into tanks and monstrous creatures, they are just usefull. and if i get rid of Draigo, then my paldins become elites and then i have to ditch a purifier squad.

Kawauso
03-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Just want to point out some things.

DarkLink touched on this, but I'll re-state it since I've seen people overlook this a couple of times: the Brotherhood Banner replaces a model's Nemesis Force Sword, meaning whatever model has the banner effectively has no close combat weapon.

Also, Feel No Pain doesn't work against power weapons or power fists, so it won't do you any good in that situation, unfortunately.

The Psilencer isn't Assault, it's Heavy.
Remember, though, that terminator armour grants Relentless, so they can fire heavy weapons after moving, and assault after doing so.
Which makes the Psycannon really, really good on terminators, since they always fire it in 'Heavy 4' mode.
I'm not saying you shouldn't take Psilencers if you really want them, but considering that a Psycannon on a termy model only has 2 less shots BUT those shots are way stronger AND have Rending (meaning they can pop Land Raiders)...well, the Psycannon is, in almost all cases, an overall better weapon to take.

Also, your Purifiers may be better off taking Psycannons or Incinerators, either to bolster your anti-armour firepower (with a heavy weapon combat squad) or to allow the Purifiers to get in some more casualties on squads before they assault them...since they ought to be assaulting for the most part, anyway.

If you do go the heavy weapon combat squad route with the purifiers, though, it might also be worth considering taking a Razorback for them, since you'll only really need to transport the CC combat squad, and this gives you more ranged firepower.

Also, your list is pretty low on ranged anti-tank weaponry...so you may want to consider more Psycannons overall for that or perhaps some armour of your own, be it Dreadnoughts, Land Raiders or (more) Stormravens.

Wombatofcombat
03-30-2011, 10:02 PM
New List

Kaldor Draigo-275
5 Paladins-275
4 Halberds-0
1 daemonhammer-0
1 psycannon-25? maybe idk i dont have book with me

Storm Raven-205
Lascannon-0
Multimelta-0

Land raider-255

10 Purifiers-240
6 Halberds-12
2 Daemonhammers-10
2 psycannons-50? yet again no book

6 Interceptor squad- 164?
5 Halberds-25
1 psycannons-20
185?
(whole squad i am assuming point cost)

5 Terminators-200
4 Halberds-0
1 Daemonhammer-0

Kawauso
03-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Psycannons are 20 pts for Paladins and 10 for Purifiers. :)

Also, both of those units can take 2 special ranged weapons for every 5 models in the squad.

I don't know if the heavy weapon is worth it on the Interceptor squad, since it conflicts with their best attribute, which is their mobility. They can't fire Psycannons or Psilencers after they move or shunt.

I would consider giving the 10-man Purifier squad (I assume they're going in the Land Raider?) Incinerators or not upgrading their ranged weapons at all...unless you plan to combat squad them. 10 Purifiers charging out of a Land Raider is pretty terrifying, though.
Also, the Land Raider should be popping vehicles for them so I don't think they need to worry as much about ranged anti-tank power.

Psybolt Ammo would be good for that 10-man squad, as it would really put the hurt on units they assault...and it would make a cheaper option than giving them heavy weapons or Incinerators. I would only give them Psybolt Ammo if you plan on having all 10 assault out of the Land Raider, though.

Wombatofcombat
03-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Kaldor Draigo-275
5 Paladins-275
4 Halberds-0
1 daemonhammer-0
2 psycannon-40

Storm Raven-205
Lascannon-0
Multimelta-0

Land raider-255

10 Purifiers-240
8 Halberds-16
2 Daemonhammers-10
psybolt-10

5 Purifiers-120
3 Halberds-6
2 psycannons-40
Razorback-45
las/plaz-35

5 Terminators-200
4 Halberds-0
1 Daemonhammer-0

Vindicare assassin-145

that leaves 33 points..

Kawauso
03-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Ooh, I have some more food for thought.

I take it the Termies are teleporting in to support Draigo and the Paladins, yeah? You might want to make the gear of those two units more complimentary to one another, then.

What I mean is, for example, give the Paladins 2 Psycannons, since they can take more than the regular Terminators.

Then, since Paladins are tougher than regular Termies, you might want to gear them up to be a little more survivable so that they can hold their own while the Terminators come in to reinforce them with a little more brute force.

So, for example, the 2 Psycannon Paladins could keep regular Force Swords. This improves their durability in close combat - which is where the Psycannons are useless, so at that point piling CC wounds on them won't hurt you as much. You could also give one model a Force Stave as well, to keep you alive in CC even longer.

Meanwhile, while the Paladins are tying a unit up, the Terminators have time to arrive and come to their aid with high initiative weapons (halberds) or high strength hits (daemonhammers). One model could take a Banner as well, since they're more CC-oriented and the extra attacks will help with their small unit size.

Just a thought. :)

Wombatofcombat
03-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Kaldor Draigo-275
5 Paladins-275
4 Halberds-0
1 daemonhammer-0
2 psycannon-40

Storm Raven-205
Lascannon-0
Multimelta-0

Land raider-255

10 Purifiers-240
8 Halberds-16
2 Daemonhammers-10
psybolt-10

5 Purifiers-120
3 Halberds-6
2 psycannons-20
Razorback-45
las/plaz-35

5 Terminators-200
4 Halberds-0
1 Daemonhammer-0

1757.. i need to drop 7 points somewhere...