PDA

View Full Version : Njal Stormcaller List 2k

blackarmchair
03-29-2011, 12:33 PM
So, I've been looking into something new to do with my Space Wolves and I've been having lots of fun with Njal "Rulebreaker" So I thought I'd post the list I put together and see if anyone has any interesting ideas or criticisms.

Thanks in advance!

[HQ]
+ Njal Stormcaller [270]
- Runic Terminator Armour
+ Rune Priest [130]
- Chooser of the Slain, Runic Armour
- Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

[Elites]
+ Wolf Guard Pack [320]
- 3x Wolf Guard with Power Fist & Combi-Melta
- Wolf Guard Terminator with Chainfist & Heavy Flamer
- Wolf Guard Terminator with Powerfist & Combi-Flamer
- Wolf Guard Terminator with Power Sword & Storm Shield
- Wolf Guard Terminator with Power Sword & Combi-Melta
+ Land Raider "God Hammer" [275]
- Pintle Mounted Multi-Melta, Extra Armour

[Troops]
+ Grey Hunters Pack [195]
- 8x Grey Hunters; 1x Meltagun, 1x Wolf Standard, 1x Powerfist
- Rhino
- Rhino
- Rhino

[Heavy Support]
+ Long Fangs Pack [140]
- 1x Pack Leader
- 5x Long Fangs with Rocket Launcher
+ Long Fangs Pack [140]
- 1x Pack Leader
+ Long Fangs Pack [140]
- 1x Pack Leader

Total: 2000

BlindGunn
03-31-2011, 08:12 AM
I like a little more variety in my lists... ;)

Seriously, though. I would prefer another Troop choice in a 2K list - just in case.

Also, I would consider replacing a Long Fang squad with a Vindicator tank. You can get a Vindicator and get Extra Armour and a Seige Shield for the cost of one Fang Pack. It gives you a bit more flexability being able to move and shoot a heavy choice (and reduces opponent's whining as well). With BS4, you can usually hit and kill any vehicle you point it at. Just protect it's flanks. I would run it between a couple of Rhinos so the Hunters have Heavy Support where ever they end up.

Just some thoughts to mull over...

blackarmchair
03-31-2011, 12:15 PM
I like a little more variety in my lists... ;)

Seriously, though. I would prefer another Troop choice in a 2K list - just in case.

Also, I would consider replacing a Long Fang squad with a Vindicator tank. You can get a Vindicator and get Extra Armour and a Seige Shield for the cost of one Fang Pack. It gives you a bit more flexability being able to move and shoot a heavy choice (and reduces opponent's whining as well). With BS4, you can usually hit and kill any vehicle you point it at. Just protect it's flanks. I would run it between a couple of Rhinos so the Hunters have Heavy Support where ever they end up.

Just some thoughts to mull over...

Yeah I was considering more troops too. I understand that the army is going to be fairly elite and I've come to terms with that but I still wonder. I've considered just putting more Hunters into the land raider but the terminators seem worth it (I've never run them with this configuration).

A Vindicator is an interesting idea, more AV13 is never bad. Usually when I do vindicators I like to run them in pairs but it would add a little more AP2 oomph. Yeah, I think I'll take one.

Much appreciated sir.