PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Open House Exclusive

Loken
03-29-2011, 12:01 AM
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm106/Linnear1701/40K/show2011a.jpg

This is the Forgeworld exclusive at their open house. Anyone going who could buy one for me. I will make it worth your while!

Alec
[email protected]

gcsmith
03-29-2011, 03:00 AM
MUST HAVE FOR MY MARSHEL............ HAIL THE GRAND TEMPLAR ;p

gcsmith
03-29-2011, 03:02 AM
WHY oh why do these events always run sundays and never saturdays.

phoenix01
03-29-2011, 05:25 AM
WHY oh why do these events always run sundays and never saturdays.
WHY oh why does this model only available in England and not anywhere else?

eldargal
03-29-2011, 05:34 AM
I assumed it would be available at Adepticon as well?

DrLove42
03-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Its this years FW show day model.

It'll be available (probably) at all FW shows, the open day, all international Games Days, eBay...and next year they'll give them out for free at gamesdays to get rid of excess stock...that how i got my titan princeps and thunderbolt pilot...

Additionally - Am i the only one who think it looks kinda crap? The paintjob, while probably good, isn't flattering in the slightest and the model looks kinda underwhelming...

eldargal
03-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Its not their best effort, certainly. I don't mind it though, pity I can't make it to the open day. Wanted to trial run my callidus costume as well.

JxKxR
03-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Its this years FW show day model.

It'll be available (probably) at all FW shows, the open day, all international Games Days, eBay...and next year they'll give them out for free at gamesdays to get rid of excess stock...that how i got my titan princeps and thunderbolt pilot...

Additionally - Am i the only one who think it looks kinda crap? The paintjob, while probably good, isn't flattering in the slightest and the model looks kinda underwhelming...

Yeah I thought it looked a little bit like crap. It's the rivets that I dont like and the shield is just not to my likeing. With a little conversion it could look good as an Iron warrior.

SotonShades
03-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Its not their best effort, certainly. I don't mind it though, pity I can't make it to the open day. Wanted to trial run my callidus costume as well.

If I remember correctly that would be the first costume at an Open Day. Dare we assume that it will be premiering at Games Day instead?

Loken
03-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Just in from Forgeworld:

"AdeptiCon attendees can pre-order the immense Eldar Phantom Titan, which will be on display in the Vendor Hall, and also purchase our Event Only MkIII Armoured Boarding Marine and Chaos Dwarf Hellsmith miniatures."

See you all at Adepticon!

Alec

eldargal
03-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Oh right, I'm thinking of Games Day. If no one wears costumes to the FW open day I probably shouldn't. Which as I'm not going won't be difficult.:rolleyes:

If I remember correctly that would be the first costume at an Open Day. Dare we assume that it will be premiering at Games Day instead?

gcsmith
03-29-2011, 09:19 AM
I assume ur british eldargal?

SotonShades
03-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Just cus no one has done it yet doesn't mean they shouldn't, just they haven't. I know I always enjoy seeing the costumes people attend Games Day in (and enjoyed having my photo taken a few hundred times last year) and wouldn't mind seeing a few at the Open Day as well. Would be awesome to see a Dwarf having a pint of XXXXXX in Bugman's or a Commissar directing the mass armour game FW puts on.

eldargal
03-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Yep. Unfortunately I'm not able to go to events much.

I assume ur british eldargal?

snikrot
03-29-2011, 09:37 AM
i like the model but the paint scheme is kinda meh

gcsmith
03-29-2011, 09:50 AM
woo finally britsh female gamer :)

SotonShades
03-29-2011, 04:57 PM
In fairness, I'm sure she has been a british female gamer for as long as she has been a gamer, though there is a possibility eldargirl may correct me here? :P

I have met a good few, but it's attitudes like that that often deters them and reduces the number of our beloved unicorns :(

gcsmith
03-30-2011, 09:32 AM
the only reason I say that is That sadly its true, they are few and far between which is sad, this hobby is unisex after all :)