PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kingdoms list builds

athanor
03-27-2011, 10:23 PM
So, I'm brand new to fantasy and want to build a hard-hitting, competitive list @ the 2000 point level for Ogre Kingdoms. This list should be able to handle all comers and all the missions listed in the 8th ed. rulebook. I have picked up and looked through the armybook a few times but haven't had enough experience with the game to really see where this army shines:
any advice?

gcsmith
03-28-2011, 02:38 AM
Utilise the main strengths of ogres, such as 6 man bull squads, supported by a mass of gnoblars, This gives u a solid core base able to accomplish all missions and can do a lot of damage.
Things like leadbelchers are good because of the mass shots available to cripple large units :p

novatomato
03-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Get a couple Butchers in your list and a Tyrant as your hero and lord choices. Then fill out with a couple units of 6 bulls, maybe a few units of belchers. For your special and rares I would say use Maneaters and Gorgers.
Gnoblars are a great way to get a proper big unit in the army but I would only suggest one large unit of gnoblars and no more.
Scrap Launchers are fun and can be quite useful as well but the main strength of an Ogre army is the fast, hard hitting, and tough Ogres (surprised you there didn't I) so use them.
Hunters and Yetis can be fun and are nice models and not bad character/unit but they are not 'optimal' still I suggest getting them for those one off games and for the painting aspect.