Odominus
03-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Are you ready?

novatomato
03-24-2011, 08:44 PM
not in the least. need more stegadons. about three more

Tynskel
03-24-2011, 08:51 PM
I won't be ready because I am still waiting for my tomb kings to be updated.

fuzzbuket
03-25-2011, 01:31 AM
oh noes more net lists galore :(

novatomato
03-25-2011, 08:19 AM
yup thats right fuzzbucket, get ready for the copy-paste cookie cutter lists to be posted absolutely everywhere, and also people yelling and screaming at each other over list optimizations.

Odominus
03-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Absolutely everywhere? Sweet. I would like to see those.

Dooley
03-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Ok so here is My List for this year!

General totally tooled out
lv4 Wizard Tooled out
Bsb tooled out
lvl2 Wizard Dispel Scroll
lvl 2 Wizard Wizard Staff (+1 Cast/Dispel)
3 x Strongest core choice full command (HORDES all of em)
2x Special Choice
2x Special Choice
2x Rare Choice
2x Rare Choice
pts 3000

Im not really looking for criticism or your thoughts, as Im not really going to change anything even if I did. I just want to post this so everyone knows what I plan on taking to destroy you with!

Oh and for the record.......FIRST!

*For those of you not keeping score, this is sent sarcastically so keep the Flaming down! lol!

Odominus
03-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Looks Solid!

My list:
Engineer on Mechanical Horse with Pigeon Bombs
70 Outriders with FC

(to be continued)

gcsmith
03-26-2011, 03:11 AM
awww why do americans get GW tournies about skill, with prize support and britain gets Skull of thrones with a tiny trophy and the best general of the day may not win :(

Odominus
03-26-2011, 08:15 AM
It shows how GW thinks about their audience. I have been arguing for a couple years that Ard Boyz should be more global. Imo, it's the most pure gaming sessions I've experienced playing any GW game. You really have to be firing on all cylinders to finish on top. No relying your opponent's weak list. It's an awesome challenge:D

But there are players who, for whatever their personal reasons, hate Ard' boyz. Maybe GW thinks the British players can't handle a gift/tourney such as this without rioting in the streets.

fuzzbuket
03-26-2011, 09:18 AM
or possibly england dosnt do ard biyz because
a) its a smaller country
b) wargames are less mainstream
c) all the warhammerworld tourneys ive seen pics of the armys are nicely painted, all the ardboysz ones arnt
D) brittish are less competitive

gcsmith
03-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Right the british are less competative???? Fuzz I dare u come down devon way... Plenty of us here, and Warhammer started in Britain so we deserve decent events :)

Odominus
03-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Lol good stuff, the gauntlet hath been thrown.

A couple practice games playing scenario #3 has proven to be devastating to warmachines.

lobster-overlord
03-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Not so much about UK being less competative, but more about us Americans being more in it for the reward.

A trophy leads to bragging rights, a good yelling match and a make up chat over a pint.....(sterotype UK style)

A prize of a new army leads to more purchases to accompany that prize and thus mroe sales and more taunting and trash talking.... (sterotype US style).

Give me the beer any day...

although, with only two competitors for Ard Boys at my FLGS, I took second and got a great prize.... can't beat that (nor could I beat the other guy).

John M.

gcsmith
03-28-2011, 02:39 AM
:p I dnt care about a trophy, I can make one up from a nearby store for £10/
However I want my 3000 point full metal army :p

And yes I would chose a valhallan or trueborn guard army, just to get my monies worth.

Odominus
03-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Finals Scenarios:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=400002a&section=community&pIndex=3&aId=3900019a&start=4&multiPageMode=true

Odominus
03-31-2011, 06:46 PM
After some practice games using these scenarios...I'm on my 5th version of my army list. Anyone else?

quinn
03-31-2011, 07:21 PM
Only 5? :D I haven't even playtested any of them, just reading them and constantly tweaking my list! Although none of the scenarios will really effect WoC much, they are actually pretty good for my normal build. I ran 3 Hellcannons last year and was going to go with a Chosen Star this year, but I think I'll save that for the semi-finals. I'm just going to run big blocks of warriors with the appropriate support this year...doesn't even look cheesy!

Whoop!
03-31-2011, 07:33 PM
awww why do americans get GW tournies about skill, with prize support and britain gets Skull of thrones with a tiny trophy and the best general of the day may not win :(

Come to America! We have the best ****! And the shortest memories!

Odominus
04-09-2011, 04:56 PM
I ran 3 Hellcannons last year and was going to go with a Chosen Star this year, but I think I'll save that for the semi-finals.

I would bet 3 out of 4 WoC armies will bring the Chosen Star/multi hellcannon lists this year. It's too good to pass up.